ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics is by far is the most contentious thing we could ever follow. The bible says that we should not fret when evil men prosper in their wickedness, so why do we fret over politics? Also, the bible teaches that contention and division within the Church is wrong. Why are we divided over politics?

Absolutely golden statement. Very simple, but invisible truth to most people... Super.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How has voting worked out for you?

I myself live in a safe place, with policeman and roads and hospitals.
I have laws to protect me.
I have access to free education.
I can earn a living.
I can move about freely.
I can speak out freely.
I have food and drink.
I can sleep at night without fear...

These are all good things, for which I am grateful.
My vote helps me.

Do you not have these same things as I have?
Democracy gave you those things? How about those people who don't have these things yet live in democracies? Or those people that have those things but don't live in a democracy?

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Our laws CREATE our democracy.

How should we govern ourselves, if not by laws?
What form of governance should we enact?
You know laws have existed for millenia? From Hammurabi to Justinians Codex till now. You would live under Laws whether you were under Moses, or Ghengis Khan, or Caesar or Stalin or Washington.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said Love thy Neighbor.
You SAY you're going to follow Jesus, but then you vote...and your vote SHOWS that you don't follow Jesus.

You SAY it's because "politics are bad."
Instead, maybe you are.
What? I never said that i voted.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The point you miss is that when the Pharisees tried to trap Jesus with popular opinion that was strongly against the Roman government, Jesus taught us to not complain about even an oppressive ruler. You start a contentious thread to complain about politicians. You associate them as "evil men prosper in their wickedness". You pick scripture to judge politicians, but in a democracy, politicians are just a reflection of the constituents. If you think politicians are divided, it is because the country is divided. And what did Jesus say about a divided kingdom? This is the work of Satan, to divide what was a Christian nation; for Hitler, a true fascist could not defeat us, and the communists could not defeat us, but hyper fervor to a political allegiance will bring our end.
America has always been divided. Funny how you blame me for complaining about politicians. Thats all politicians and their followers do is complain. Will you Judge them the same as you did me?

Upvote 0

Jorge

Mar 29, 2005
Florida
✟774.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know about others but I don't "fret over politics", I fight over right and wrong. When those that claim to represent righteousness allow all manner of evil and wicked deeds without so much as calling them out, then those people stand for nothing and are thus part of the problem. Christ spoke out against the Pharisees, did He not?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There were two main candidates in the presidential campaign this past year. I thought, "Woe is me. They are both bad." Furthermore, I am not good enough. I should pray to God to make better accomplishments myself.

I was a member of a coop apartment community in the early 2000's. These are like condos. I was in a cheap studio apartment and had only one parking space. The coop association had paid off its initial mortgage and was eligible to rewrite the monthly fee schedule. The owners of more expensive units had always complained their monthly homeowner's fees were too high, while the owners of the smallest units had it too good as they were paying lower fees. They had more political power, so they raised the monthly fees on the lowest paying units and lowered the monthly fees on the more expensive units. That is politics.

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Democracy gave you those things? How about those people who don't have these things yet live in democracies? Or those people that have those things but don't live in a democracy?

In many parts of the world the words "democracy and human rights" are strongly associated with carpet bombings and millions of deaths.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There were two main candidates in the presidential campaign this past year. I thought, "Woe is me. They are both bad." Furthermore, I am not good enough. I should pray to God to make better accomplishments myself.

I was a member of a coop apartment community in the early 2000's. These are like condos. I was in a cheap studio apartment and had only one parking space. The coop association had paid off its initial mortgage and was eligible to rewrite the monthly fee schedule. The owners of more expensive units had always complained their monthly homeowner's fees were too high, while the owners of the smallest units had it too good as they were paying lower fees. They had more political power, so they raised the monthly fees on the lowest paying units and lowered the monthly fees on the more expensive units. That is politics.

That is dirty politics, to be exact.

Upvote 0

Dr Bruce Atkinson

Supporter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟65,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Politics is by far is the most contentious thing we could ever follow. The bible says that we should not fret when evil men prosper in their wickedness, so why do we fret over politics? Also, the bible teaches that contention and division within the Church is wrong. Why are we divided over politics?
True, Christians should not get all emotionally upset over politics. We should examine the issues, examine the scripture, pray for discernment, and vote accordingly. Some of us are called to be involved in government and politics, and so they need to fulfill their calling.

Upvote 0

Dr Bruce Atkinson

Supporter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟65,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course we will disagree intensely on politics. But also on Christian theology and practice.

In the churches we must fight heresies and depart from apostate groups (2 Corinthians 6:14-17, Rev 18:9), but according to Jesus' prophetic prayer (John 17) eventually the Church will be unified, but not until the wheat has been separated from the weeds (Matthew 13:24-30).

Jesus predicted lots of conflict and divisions. Sometimes schism is necessary (like the Reformation).

http://www.virtueonline.org/schism-and-sword-spirit-bruce-atkinson#.UtyJRRAo7IU

Upvote 0

SteveIndy

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2007
Zionsville, Indiana
✟247,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Politics were ordained by God to be used by unbelievers to govern unbelievers. Christians are citizens of Heaven and are subject to a different constitution whose author is God and His document is the Bible. If we put ourselves under the rule of men then men will be our masters and not God. Yes, we do obey the laws of the land, unless they cause us to disobey our true King. There is no dual citizenship with God; it is either God or the world. Choose you this day who you will serve, as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True, Christians should not get all emotionally upset over politics. We should examine the issues, examine the scripture, pray for discernment, and vote accordingly. Some of us are called to be involved in government and politics, and so they need to fulfill their calling.
No one addressed any of the scriptures i posted. The truth of the matter is that God is in control of this Godless world. We in the Church are not supposed to look like the world. We are not supposed to covet, slander, show discontentment, or debate. Jesus is our leader. Our calling is to glorify God with one voice, and to pray, and do good deeds.. That's impossible in politics. Read James, He says every man should be quick to listen and slow to wrath and slow to speak. Not so in politics

Reactions: SteveIndy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SteveIndy

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2007
Zionsville, Indiana
✟247,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God would never call His children to serve in the governments of this world whose Prince is Satan.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics were ordained by God to be used by unbelievers to govern unbelievers. Christians are citizens of Heaven and are subject to a different constitution whose author is God and His document is the Bible. If we put ourselves under the rule of men then men will be our masters and not God. Yes, we do obey the laws of the land, unless they cause us to disobey our true King. There is no dual citizenship with God; it is either God or the world. Choose you this day who you will serve, as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.
Exactly. I agree

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

In the West, "voting" is overrated, to say the least. Demos in "democracy" has long been rid of "cracy" if it ever had any. The true "cracy" is with the bunch that owns "chrimata" or money. Thus, what we have in the West is "chrimatocracy". Demos is just a beautiful facade, nothing more. Your voting means and decides absolutely nothing.

Upvote 0

PstrJon

Jul 6, 2014
✟7,835.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
actually, it' Satan that is in control of this world. I think what is being missed, or a better question is "what role should Christians take" in the society they live in. We are called to be "salt and light". I for one think we have become way to focused on light and offer up very little salt. If we (the Church) don't take a stand for God who will? WE need to be out there calling sin a sin, and calling people to repent. Hard to do if you just sit on the sidelines and watch the world self-destruct. The modern church has failed to stand up for God far to often, and now with Trumps recent exec order, the church can call policies, laws and actions sinful without the fear of the government shutting their doors. It's societies belief now that babies are not babies but choices, that LGBTQ(lmnopqrstuv- etc....) is now "normal" and needs to be accepted wither you like it or not and the list keeps growing. All while the church sits there, silent. I don't believe we will turn anyone to salvation in Jesus because of who is in a political office, but I DO believe we can help faithful leaders (Joshua anyone?) be put in place to promote Godly things and punish evil things. A bit of that Salt is much needed right now...

Upvote 0

Kutte

Dec 30, 2007
USA
✟31,666.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Green

Hi W2L,

I remember a teacher of mine telling our class, that "if you don't care about politics, then don't be surprised when politics begins to care about you."
When living in an autocratic society, may it be communist, fascist or whatever dictators thereof want you to accept any and all rule they established. Anyone who dares to question their authority or laws will end up in concentration camps for what they call 're-education'.
My best

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.