Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Exactly, what does it have to do with the gospel? I believe any contention is rooted in the flesh. I cannot understand how the spirit would have us divided into political factions. Thats what i believe.
So you essentially think all Christians should agree on ALL MATTERS? Are you serious????? You leave no room for individuality.

The only thing God calls Christians to be unified on is the Gospels.

If you have a problem with disagreement, may I suggest the problem is with you.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you essentially think all Christians should agree on ALL MATTERS? Are you serious????? Rediculous. You leave no room for individuality.
No, but i think we should agree as much as possible. Its quite easy actually, just get rid of things that cause division. That's exactly why i gave up politics, so i could follow peace with all men and holiness. After all holiness is being separate from the world, not joining in its divisions and contentions.

Happy BD btw

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
No, but i think we should agree as much as possible. Its quite easy actually, just get rid of things that cause division. That's exactly why i gave up politics, so i could follow peace with all men and holiness. After all holiness is being separate from the world, not joining in its divisions and contentions.

Happy BD btw
Awww, thanks!!!!

Biblically, the only thing Christians are called to agree on is the Gospel.

I'm sorry you gave up politics. I think that since we live in a democracy, we ARE the government. It is our responsibility to govern as best as we can.

I stayed up till 4 AM last night reviewing my Party's platform and making comments and choosing which versions to vote for.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Awww, thanks!!!!

Biblically, the only thing Christians are called to agree on is the Gospel.

I'm sorry you gave up politics. I think that since we live in a democracy, we ARE the government. It is our responsibility to govern as best as we can.
You're welcome. I also gave up politics because all politicians lie. I wouldnt follow a false teacher who lies, so why would i follow a politician who does? Christians are supposed to follow the Truth and nothing but the truth. Politics are full of contention and deception. Thats not spiritual but is carnal.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have no regrets about putting down my politics. I never felt any peace in it, or love. If one side was both Godly and truthful i would support them, but no party is either of those things, in my opinion. Contention and discord is sin as far as i can see. I believe in praying. God will hear our prayers for this country, but only if we do not sin. That's what the bible says. Where is our faith in prayer? Where has it gone? It has been replaced with faith in politicians instead of God. In my opinion.

1 Peter 3:9 not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. 10 For

“He who would love life
And see good days,
Let him refrain his tongue from evil,
And his lips from speaking deceit.
11 Let him turn away from evil and do good;
Let him seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their prayers;
But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
You're welcome. I also gave up politics because all politicians lie. I wouldnt follow a false teacher who lies, so why would i follow a politician who does? Christians are supposed to follow the Truth and nothing but the truth. Politics are full of contention and deception. Thats not spiritual but is carnal.
Just because Politics is so contentious and deceptive doesn't mean we can't make our light shine. Indeed it's when it's dark that our light shines the brightest.

I do understand completely about getting jaded by politics because of the lying and corruption. The last election in particular really had me feeling bitter -- I couldn't stomach voting for either of the two biggies. But then, in that case, I can vote my opinion that neither is good enough by voting third party.

I discovered the American Solidarity Party, which is a Christian Democrat Party (Traditional morals, Social values). Because it's a smaller party, I've been delighted to have a larger say. In particular I'm active in forming the amended Platform -- and some of my objections to the earlier platform have actually been taken to heart. I feel I am exactly where God wants me to be, and my conscience feels so good!

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,270.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So which side does the Spirit guide you to follow? Republican, Democrat, or libertarian? Surely God is not guiding His Church to join different parties. God is not the author of such confusion or contention. So which party belongs to God?

This reminds me of a famous quote by Abraham Lincoln when he was asked if God was on the Union (Republican) side of the Civil War. Lincoln replied. "Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right."

Read more at: Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.