Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And you make light by calling it a photo up of his appearing at this place! I don't! The place has great historic significance and I think it shows leadership to demonstrate one stands with the vision and dreams the place does represent. I believe it was a good place for him to show up.
Is this what passes for a Christian Faith now? Gassing peaceful protesters just to awkwardly hold up a book for a photo? What kind of kooky religion is this? Have you no reverence for these articles of faith? Not enough for Trump to degrade the office of the President, he now has to degrade religious faith.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Matters not, an order to leave the area is adequate, orders do not have to be explained. It is not a debate it is crowd control.
There was this little group of people in Germany in the 1930s who believed along similar lines. The state doesn’t need to explain itself to anyone why it’s putting its boot on the back of your neck.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would the President need to disperse peaceful protestors who were cooperating with law enforcement? There was no urgent need for this photo op. It was 100% grandstanding and demonstrated the depth of his religious faith and his inability to lead the nation.
If they were peaceful would they not move when asked? I'm not buying the media's take on this.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If they were peaceful would they not move when asked? I'm not buying the media's take on this.
And I'm not buying why a tiny person needs to use such power to arrange a cheap photo op.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You need the media to understand that canceling people’s first amendment rights for a photo op of faux piety is shameful? That to use the Bible and a church as mere props is sacrilegious? I thought Christians took these things seriously.

You know, he’s not Jesus. You don’t have to reflexively defend everything he does.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need the media to understand that canceling people’s first amendment rights for a photo op of faux piety is shameful? That to use the Bible and a church as mere props is sacrilegious? I thought Christians took these things seriously.

You know, he’s not Jesus. You don’t have to reflexively defend everything he does.
I don't. I think he let things go too far already.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...so from accounts I have been reading, at no time did the D.C. police (or the Attorney General for that matter) order the protestors to disperse. If fact, the curfew was not yet in effect. And even if there was an announcement, tactically, there's no reason why the police would act prior to the curfew expriation, unless, of course, a president wanted a photo op.

The action began less than an hour before the District’s curfew, and in the moments before Trump was set to speak. Just after 6 p.m., hundreds of protesters were gathered on H Street NW, facing Lafayette Square. Though members of the National Guard — wielding shields that said “Military Police” — were lined up behind barricades, along with Secret Service and other law enforcement officers, the protesters remained peaceful. Several played music, and one painted on an easel.

But shortly thereafter, Attorney General William P. Barr visited the scene, and, about 6:30 p.m., the National Guard moved just yards from the protesters, prompting some screams. Some protesters threw water bottles, but many simply stood with their arms raised.

Then, the chaos began.

Members of the National Guard knelt briefly to put on gas masks, before suddenly charging eastward down H street, pushing protesters down toward 17th Street. Authorities shoved protesters down with their shields, fired rubber bullets directly at them, released tear gas and set off flash-bang shells in the middle of the crowd.

Protesters began running, many still with their hands up, shouting, “Don’t shoot.” Others were vomiting, coughing and crying.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...0f7b50-a46c-11ea-bb20-ebf0921f3bbd_story.html
*beep* me.

If he keeps this up things are going to get worse in the capital.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If this doesn’t upset Christians then I just don’t know what standards they even have anymore.

The president used your holy book and a sacred house of worship as props for a photo op after having a peaceful crowd dispersed with tear gas

Oh it upsets one Christian, here. Obscene is the only word I can think of to describe what he's done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh it upsets one Christian, here. Obscene is the only word I can think of to describe what he's done.
It upsets me and I’m not even religious. It upsets me because it shows how little he cares about the things real people hold dear and sacred. In this sense, he’s no better than the vandals that tried to burn down the church a day before. He sees these things as expendable for a greater purpose, in this case his own vanity and the appearance of piety.

I’m always amazed at how he finds new ways to keep going lower and lower. Even more amazing is how he still retains any level of support.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,884.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And the ‘emergency’ here...?
For decades christians like Kent Hovindhave been telling us that the second coming of Jesus could happen within five minutes. So maybe Trump had a sense of urgency. ;)

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,884.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If this doesn’t upset Christians then I just don’t know what standards they even have anymore.

The president used your holy book and a sacred house of worship as props for a photo op after having a peaceful crowd dispersed with tear gas. People got tear gassed so he can pose awkwardly with a book he’s clearly never opened once in his life.

To allow these articles of your faith to be debased in this way and for petty politics and not speak up is in my opinion, even more shameful than the president actually doing it.
The "True christian" readers of WND share their "love" in the comment section.
'Antithetical to teachings of Jesus': D.C. faith leaders blast Trump's Bible photo-op - WND

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,023.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Well if and when a police officer tells you to slow down to 30 because we have an emergency situation ahead of you, I would suggest you not tell him what the speed limit is. Simply when a police officer tells you to do something, you can be certain that it is a lawful order and that you can and likely will be arrested if you elect to fail to comply.

Unless he is telling you that you can't go to the hairdresser. Then it is tyranny.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Man in Joker mask set Chicago police car on fire during George Floyd protests, feds say.

~Bella

507BF146-A744-4BA6-91E0-10CA0B6EEB21.jpeg

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Man in Joker mask set Chicago police car on fire during George Floyd protests, feds say.

~Bella

View attachment 278126

Really? Is that where we're at now? Anything remotely resembling a clown mask == Joker? I don't remember any portrayal of the joker in the character's history having a big red nose.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Really? Is that where we're at now? Anything remotely resembling a clown mask == Joker? I don't remember any portrayal of the joker in the character's history having a big red nose.

Maybe he was clowning around. Who knows.

~Bella

BDD23E20-A248-472A-9781-591009F4DDCA.jpeg

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe he was clowning around. Who knows.

~Bella

View attachment 278128

Maybe he was engaging in wanton acts of violence and vandalism whilst wearing a clown mask. Who knows...wait...anyone not looking to somehow add fear by labelling it a "joker mask" knows.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,023.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
  • Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay