Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yesterday, June 1, 2020 ... peaceful protests at the White House were dispersed prior to curfew ... to clear the area before Trump marched to the historic St. John's Church ... where he held up a Bible ... upside down ...

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park. At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

To curtail the violence that was underway, the USPP, following established policy, issued three warnings over a loudspeaker to alert demonstrators on H Street to evacuate the area. Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park. Subsequently, the fence was installed.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park. At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

To curtail the violence that was underway, the USPP, following established policy, issued three warnings over a loudspeaker to alert demonstrators on H Street to evacuate the area. Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park. Subsequently, the fence was installed.

Are you writing fan fiction, or did you forget the link?

"frozen water bottles"
- Umm, where'd they get them from? Who loads up on frozen bottles?

"caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles"
- Perhaps the frozen water bottle hoarders are the ones that cache baseball bats.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
here ya go:

Media Falsely Claimed Violent Riots Were Peaceful And That Tear Gas Was Used Against Rioters

it includes the quote from the parks department I noted above.

Thanks for the link. I still don't know why anyone would go to the trouble of freezing water bottles or caching something like a baseball bat.

Nice to also find out the the land of the free and home of the brave has an entire police force just for parks. Dangerous hotbeds, those parks. Many people are saying.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,928.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One question? Why would PEACEFUL protestors not disperse when lawfully ordered to do so?

Because they can't be lawfully ordered to do so, presuming they've gone through the hoops of getting prior local approval, and that approval can be based only on the larger issue of public safety.

If they are proceeding in accordance with the requirements of public safety already defined by the legal authorities, from that point, the First Amendment prevails.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,928.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well if and when a police officer tells you to slow down to 30 because we have an emergency situation ahead of you, I would suggest you not tell him what the speed limit is. Simply when a police officer tells you to do something, you can be certain that it is a lawful order and that you can and likely will be arrested if you elect to fail to comply.

The bolded is incorrect. He might arrest you, but courts do overturn the patently unlawful orders of police officers.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,928.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wrong, try that defense in front of a judge

I've been a member of that jury. I was, admittedly, rather surprised to have been instructed by the court that not only can a police officer be wrong, but a citizen has an inherent right to defend himself against that police officer.

Of course, living through that act is pretty dicey. But the inherent right is there.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,928.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The police officer has the authority

No, a police officer does not have the authority to create new laws.

That's the way tin-pot dictators like Ferdinand Marcos operated when I was in the Philippines, but that's not the American Constitution.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,928.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's just assume the crowds were moved back because the President of the United States was going to be in the vicinity? Are you telling me crowds haven't routinely been moved around, streets closed down and a measure of other things because a President not just this one was going to be in a place? So tell us why your rage isn't most unreasonable.

In previous administrations, the president's movements on the city streets were coordinated beforehand with the city and the city had the opportunity to close off the necessary streets long in advance.

• Agree
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
101823119_4647847325226209_913098064170844160_n.jpg

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,352.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Really? Is that where we're at now? Anything remotely resembling a clown mask == Joker? I don't remember any portrayal of the joker in the character's history having a big red nose.

Have you seen the most recent Joker movie with Joaquin Phoenix? If you haven’t, it’s great. In the film, he becomes something of a folk hero and people start protesting while wearing all manner of clown masks, including that one.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Have you seen the most recent Joker movie with Joaquin Phoenix? If you haven’t, it’s great. In the film, he becomes something of a folk hero and people start protesting while wearing all manner of clown masks, including that one.

I haven't seen said movie. Colour me schooled. Apologies @LaBèlla

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Apology accepted. :)

Joker glorifies lawlessness. The suspect is allegedly responsible for a large fire downtown.

~Bella

Idiot appears to have a neck tattoo (unless that's also something from the movie I haven't seen). Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Upvote 0