UK
✟1,147,492.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yesterday, June 1, 2020 ... peaceful protests at the White House were dispersed prior to curfew ... to clear the area before Trump marched to the historic St. John's Church ... where he held up a Bible ... upside down ...

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross,”

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yesterday, June 1, 2020 ... peaceful protests at the White House were dispersed prior to curfew ... to clear the area before Trump marched to the historic St. John's Church ... where he held up a Bible ... upside down ...

One question? Why would PEACEFUL protestors not disperse when lawfully ordered to do so?

• Winner
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
One question? Why would PEACEFUL protestors not disperse when lawfully ordered to do so?

What was lawful about it? A curfew had been set, but these people were forced off the streets well before it.
It’s a little like saying that the speed limit is 60, but you know what, today we’re booking anyone doing over 50...

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,460.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Encouraging us to:

" I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in aauthority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviourr;" I Tim 2

"if my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land."
II Chron 7:14

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

There are no words, really.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What was lawful about it? A curfew had been set, but these people were forced off the streets well before it.
It’s a little like saying that the speed limit is 60, but you know what, today we’re booking anyone doing over 50...
Well if and when a police officer tells you to slow down to 30 because we have an emergency situation ahead of you, I would suggest you not tell him what the speed limit is. Simply when a police officer tells you to do something, you can be certain that it is a lawful order and that you can and likely will be arrested if you elect to fail to comply.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well if and when a police officer tells you to slow down to 30 because we have an emergency situation ahead of you, I would suggest you not tell him what the speed limit is. Simply when a police officer tells you to do something, you can be certain that it is a lawful order and that you can and likely will be arrested if you elect to fail to comply.

And the ‘emergency’ here...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw these proceedings.

The clearing of the protest took place across maybe 30 minutes, if that long.

One minute everything was fine, ... the next moment, ... the police were lobbing teargas ...

• Informative
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I saw these proceedings.

The clearing of the protest took place across maybe 30 minutes, if that long.

One minute everything was fine, ... the next moment, ... the police were lobbing teargas ...
The order to leave the area was given at least 3 times, what would you expect to happen when people fail to obey an order to leave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,595.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
More and more like a dictator each day.

Pretending god is on his side is yet another step. Pretending god is on his side only makes him more dangerous.

The vast majority of evangelicals will vote to re-elect the president. If Trump is "more like a dictator", you must understand that his Christian base strongly supports him, and was critical in electing him. Almost every action by the president has at least 80% support from his base.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟903,875.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The vast majority of evangelicals will vote to re-elect the president. If Trump is "more like a dictator", you must understand that his Christian base strongly supports him, and was critical in electing him. Almost every action by the president has at least 80% support from his base.

Absolutely. It's showing the true colours of so-called Christians. This, once again, demonstrates why the majority of 'Christians' are not saved. It even says so in the bible, the many and the few.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟244,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
The order to leave the area was given at least 3 times, what would you expect to happen when people fail to obey an order to leave.

Ordering peaceful protestors to disperse on whim is a violation of 1st Amendment rights.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For what reason?
Where does this idea come from that a lawful order needs to be debated? There are two options when a police officer orders you to do something, compliance or arrest.

Upvote 0