SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Because disabilities are already on the book and this LGBT nonsense is a metal disability that needs help and medication to return to a more normal life.
it isn't a disability or a illness...but irrational hate and adhering to the delusion that it is would certainly count as one though. THey do have help and medications to help you.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yea to bad they went nutty when liberals took over and took it off the books. Frankly I could care less about the APA, they can jump off a short pier they don't decide what God deems good or bad.
Who said anything about God? I was responding to your claim that being LGBT is a mental illness.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,076.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why do they need to be treated special?

They don't. They wanted to be treated the same as everyone else. Discrimination laws are based on the fact that we don't treat anyone 'special'.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Sure, they ain't nothing special and people already can't discriminate against disability. Why do they need to be treated special? If we want to be cowardly and treat them special then we should treat every group as special including Christians. Heck don't stop there treat pedophiles, polygamist, and others that way everyone is treated extra special
CHristians can't be fired form a job just because they are Christian. they can't be evicted from their homes because of their religion, stores can't turn you away because of your religion....seems like Christians are the ones being treated extra special.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If we want to be cowardly and treat them special then we should treat every group as special including Christians.
There are already laws on the books prohibiting discrimination based on religion in employment, housing and public accommodations.

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They don't. They wanted to be treated the same as everyone else. Discrimination laws are based on the fact that we don't treat anyone 'special'.

That's a laugh, they want to be treated differently they want everyone to think they are something so special. There are laws for disabled people, I know I am a part of the ADA. We work hard to have people treat us normally then these .. come along and want to be treated special as if everyone should just lay down the red carpet for them

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
That's a laugh, they want to be treated differently they want everyone to think they are something so special. There are laws for disabled people, I know I am a part of the ADA. We work hard to have people treat us normally then these .. come along and want to be treated special as if everyone should just lay down the red carpet for them
How exactly do they want to be treated special?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Central Pa. borough poised to become first to repeal LGBTQ protections

The plan by Chambersburg Borough Council to vote Monday to rescind the anti-discrimination ordinance comes only four months after the borough ratified the ordinance in October.

The ordinance, which extends protections against discrimination to gay, transgender or genderqueer people in employment, housing and public accommodations, was passed in October by the then-Democratic majority council.

The political makeup of the council, however, changed with the November municipal election, which ushered in a 7-3 Republican majority.

If Chambersburg succeeds in repealing the ordinance, it would mark the first time an LGBTQ inclusive law is revoked in Pennsylvania. To date, 70 municipalities, including Gettysburg, Shippensburg, Carlisle, Camp Hill and Harrisburg, have ratified such ordinances.

Pennsylvania is one of 27 states that have no explicit statewide laws protecting people from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity in employment, housing and public accommodations.
Does anyone think it would be a good idea to read the law before we pass judgment?

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You, of all people want to define appropriate differences such that different treatment is justified?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"The Rev. Renata Moseley Harper of the John Wesley A.M.E Zion Church in Chambersburg, invoked her faith in supporting the ordinance.
“I support this non-discrimination ordinance specifically because of what Jesus said was the greatest commandment,” she said. “To love God with all our heart, soul, might and strength and to love our neighbors as ourselves. How wide is our circle of neighbors? Well according to Jesus Christ, everyone is a potential neighbor and due our love and compassion.”

Upvote 0