Pastor Wants LGBTQ 'Indoctrinators' Executed for Treason

Do you believe this is a reasonable and rational response?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh no....the first name on this thirty years of research is a doctor of philosophy.

She's not a scientist. She's not a psychologist.

She's completely uneducated on the opinions offering.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/eva-goldfarb-a3ab0522?original_referer=https://www.google.com/

She doesn't appear to have ever studied child psychology or development nor is she even a scientist of any kind.

She should be run right out of the profession.
Well if you can't dispute the facts, poison the well

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
What will come as a bigger surprise are the actual facts...you know, the kind that aren't theoretical or ideological.

Did you know it's a fact we can't accurately diagnose trans people better than 50% of the time until after age 15? Confidence in diagnosis rises each year after 15. Prior to that desistance rates are simply too high.

Even then, the 15yo age threshold is merely an average. Complications like child abuse or ADHD or autism can complicate matters.
transgenderism isn't a disease so there is no diagnosing involved

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We were talking transgenderism. Gender dysphoria is not transgenderism. It's something that transgender people may suffer from. I hope that you understand the difference. Please look up dysphoria if you don't.
What’s gender dysphoria?
Gender dysphoria is a term that psychologists and doctors use to describe the distress, unhappiness, and anxiety that transgender people may feel about the mismatch between their bodies and their gender identity. A person may be formally diagnosed with gender dysphoria in order to receive medical treatment to help them transition.

So to medically transition a formal diagnoses of gender dysphoria is required?

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't think I'm qualified to classify mental illness anymore than you.

If we're just going from the layman's idea? I'd say yes....it contains both a delusion of reality or appearance of one....and a significant difficulty in normal life functioning.

Such issues tend to fall under the broad scope of mental illness.

How would you prove it erroneous?
For something to be a mental illness dysfunction in areas of daily life the dysfunction has to be caused by the mental condition not by the actions and responses of those around the individual

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
What’s gender dysphoria?
Gender dysphoria is a term that psychologists and doctors use to describe the distress, unhappiness, and anxiety that transgender people may feel about the mismatch between their bodies and their gender identity. A person may be formally diagnosed with gender dysphoria in order to receive medical treatment to help them transition.

So to medically transition a formal diagnoses of gender dysphoria is required?

"the distress, unhappiness, and anxiety that transgender people may feel" MAY feel.
its something that affects the transgendered but not part of being transgender. Only about 15% of transgender individuals experience gender dysphoria at some time in their life

and the medical treatment is for the gender dysphoria which can interfere with decision making decisions such as transitioning

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"the distress, unhappiness, and anxiety that transgender people may feel" MAY feel.
its something that affects the transgendered but not part of being transgender. Only about 15% of transgender individuals experience gender dysphoria at some time in their life

and the medical treatment is for the gender dysphoria which can interfere with decision making decisions such as transitioning
Most Gender Dysphoria Established by Age 7 | Cedars-Sinai
The study findings revealed that 73% of the transgender women and 78% of the transgender men first experienced gender dysphoria by age 7.
There seems to be some disagreement about this.

All of the study participants came to my clinic asking for surgery and every one of them said they experienced gender dysphoria around the same early age. What they experienced earlier in life was not a ‘passing phase,’ which is often suggested about transgender people seeking surgery. They knew exactly when their gender dysphoria started. It’s like asking about your mom’s birthdate – you just know it.
Maurice Garcia, MD

Gender Dysphoria Statistics - The Recovery Village Drug and Alcohol Rehab

Maybe you mean gender variance
Gender variance - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Most Gender Dysphoria Established by Age 7 | Cedars-Sinai
The study findings revealed that 73% of the transgender women and 78% of the transgender men first experienced gender dysphoria by age 7.
There seems to be some disagreement about this.

All of the study participants came to my clinic asking for surgery and every one of them said they experienced gender dysphoria around the same early age. What they experienced earlier in life was not a ‘passing phase,’ which is often suggested about transgender people seeking surgery. They knew exactly when their gender dysphoria started. It’s like asking about your mom’s birthdate – you just know it.
Maurice Garcia, MD

Gender Dysphoria Statistics - The Recovery Village Drug and Alcohol Rehab
and how many of those were diagnosed as having gender dyspohoria?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and how many of those were diagnosed as having gender dyspohoria?
Maybe gender variance is a better term for transgenderism. I see I was wrong, I thought people who were transgender had gender dysphoria.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

DUE TO MULTIPLE RULE VIOLATIONS

241634_a435e7c864cf3d1d54069d68f79ef38b_thumb.jpg

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.