Prayer for my friend please.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I was told to make a topic here and request prayers over my friend who is experiencing a lot of hardship right now and I think that that's a good idea. For one, he struggles with depression and has attempted to harm himself on multiple occasions. He just recently got out of the Hospital after having to spend two months in their psych ward because he attempted to harm himself without telling anyone (My wife and I included he completely blocked us for two months and this isn't the first time he's done this.) and luckily since he is considered high risk he cut off contact with someone who regularly checks up on him. I think she is a suicide prevention counselor or something. She apparently and luckily found him in his apartment and took him to the hospital.

Two, he is transgendered and in the middle of transitioning which is effecting his relationship with Christ if he has any. He generally listens to the advice of a mega church pastor who ignores sin and twists the Bible on a daily basis. His identity isn't valid here but he is a well known mega church pastor in the LGBTQ community and probably THE lead pastor of the community so you can probably guess who he is anyway. Just... not a good pastor to be getting your theology from.

Three, he regularly admits to me that he engages in homosexual relationships and admits that they're wrong but that he's lonely and only men really "get" him. He's apparently regularly been looking for a woman to spend the rest of his life with but apparently only men want to accept him as he is so he generally dates men over women.

Four, he kind of has a warped view of Jesus and does not adhere to the basic fundamentals of Christianity and instead only cherry picks the verses in the Bible that he likes and throws the rest of the Bible completely out of the window. For example, he doesn't believe that Jesus is God or technically believe in the Trinity but he believes in a "rainbow" God who unites the LGBTQ community.

I have been his online friend for about five years now and my wife and I have been trying to lead him to a biblical church and to a biblical Christian lifestyle and he just doesn't want to listen to anybody but LGBTQ affirming pastors who try to lead astray the very sheep of God. Please keep him in your prayers and hope that God will one day open his eyes and call him to repentance and thank you VERY much for your prayers.

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Lord, I pray against these foolish LGTBQ affirming pastors, that they may be exposed for the charlatans they really are, that your design for sexuality may be affirmed, and that those who support LGTBQ have their operations shut down and destroyed. Please be with this man’s friend and open his eyes to the truth contained in Genesis 2. In Christ’s Name, Amen.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0