Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LINCOLN, Neb. (OSV News) — Catholics in the Diocese of Lincoln with same-sex desires or gender discordance have a program they can turn to for help in living a chaste life within the Catholic Church: Eden Invitation.

And a Lincoln pastor — Father Nathan Hall — is one of Eden Invitation’s first “priest companions” trained over the last several months to accompany the organization’s Hearth Groups, or local chapters, and be available for spiritual guidance, to administer the sacraments and to build community together.

He called his first Eden retreat “amazing.”

“My heart was kind of like, ‘Oh, I’m all in now.” … This should have been in the church 30 years ago, 40 years ago,” said the pastor of North American Martyrs Parish in Lincoln.

“There was one individual there who kind of let it be known he likes young adult groups at churches, but he’s tired of making excuses why he’s not dating any of the other single ones. … And when I heard that, that opened my mind pastorally. What am I doing, or how am I helping people with these experiences?” he told the Southern Nebraska Register, Lincoln’s diocesan newspaper.

Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, Eden Invitation focuses on receiving the “whole person,” offering support and “building community with others who desire a way of life in congruence” with Jesus Christ and his Church.

What is Eden Invitation?​

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
LINCOLN, Neb. (OSV News) — Catholics in the Diocese of Lincoln with same-sex desires or gender discordance have a program they can turn to for help in living a chaste life within the Catholic Church: Eden Invitation.

And a Lincoln pastor — Father Nathan Hall — is one of Eden Invitation’s first “priest companions” trained over the last several months to accompany the organization’s Hearth Groups, or local chapters, and be available for spiritual guidance, to administer the sacraments and to build community together.

He called his first Eden retreat “amazing.”

“My heart was kind of like, ‘Oh, I’m all in now.” … This should have been in the church 30 years ago, 40 years ago,” said the pastor of North American Martyrs Parish in Lincoln.

“There was one individual there who kind of let it be known he likes young adult groups at churches, but he’s tired of making excuses why he’s not dating any of the other single ones. … And when I heard that, that opened my mind pastorally. What am I doing, or how am I helping people with these experiences?” he told the Southern Nebraska Register, Lincoln’s diocesan newspaper.

Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, Eden Invitation focuses on receiving the “whole person,” offering support and “building community with others who desire a way of life in congruence” with Jesus Christ and his Church.

What is Eden Invitation?​

Continued below.
THIS is the kind of 'accompaniment' the Church could have been offering all along. Actually, with Courage, they were. This looks very good too.

Upvote 0