PC(USA) to force Pastors to be LGBTQ+ Affirming

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

I do not affiliate myself with the PC(USA) in any way, shape, or form I am a member of the conservative PCA (The Presbyterian Church in America). However as a conservative Bible Believing Presbyterian, I find this news to be shocking and appalling but am not surprised given the PC(USA)'s history. While this news isn't finalized yet and won't be until June it very likely will be passed and is a massive step down in Biblical Christianity.

To those who are in the PC(USA) who are conservative and would object to this being forced in their own denomination. Given what heresy the PC(USA) has embraced over the past 50 years and it's rapid decline in Biblical doctrines and attendance will this be the final nail in the coffin for you or will you continue to stand firm and fight for biblical doctrine in the PC(USA)?

I mean, it seems a no Brainer to me to leave the PC(USA) given its very large decline over the years and leaving to a more Biblical Presbyterian Church would be a valid non cowardice action but, I also like to see Christians continue to fight for more Biblical doctrine in their churches. But, I think this is a battle that nobody would win, as the mainstream PC(USA) has become nothing but completely unbiblical and heretical but, fight on I guess. As Christians we should want Biblical teaching in our churches and should have access to it. We all should have the right to worship God in the way he is meant to be worshiped. If this country truly had freedom of religion there would also be room for those who also want to follow Jesus.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Bring back the old school Presbyterians like Horatius Bonar (1808-1889):

"The Book of Revelation tells us the story of earth’s vanity: “A mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee” (Rev 18:21-22).
Such is the day that is coming on the world, and such is the doom overhanging earth—a doom dimly foreshadowed by the sad commercial disasters that have often sent sorrow into so many hearts, and desolation into so many homes.

THE WORLD PASSETH AWAY. What then? This is the question that so deeply concerns man. If the world is to vanish away, and man is to live for ever, of what importance is it to know where and what we are to be for ever! A celebrated physician, trying to cheer a desponding patient, said to him, “Treat life as a plaything.” It was wretched counsel. For life is no plaything, and time is no child’s toy, to be flung away. Life here is the beginning of the life which has no end, and time is but the gateway of eternity.

What then? Thou must, O man, make sure of a home in that world into which thou art so soon to pass. Thou must not pass out of this tent without making sure of the city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God (Heb 11:10). When thou hast done this thou canst lie down upon thy deathbed in peace. Till thou hast done this, thou canst neither live nor die in peace."
From -
The World Passeth Away

~ Same goes for the Methodists, of whom many have already departed down this sad path. Bring back the John Wesley's and George Whitefield's.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0