Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You yourself said that the scanty evidence could also point to "doofiness."
I no way said any such thing. I said that there would be no way to know for sure what the Pastor was up to because a sexual predator can feign innocence or ineptness or doofiness. Please read the post again.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I think we all have recognized that.

Unfortunately, it's not enough to solve our friend's dilemma about how to respond.

My response was in answer to your "we don't know enough about what's going on" statement.
As for responding, the couple could wait until they are both with the Pastor, then one of them thanks him for his text but say the matter has been resolved. That way, the Pastor would know that the OP knows about the texts he has been sending.

Either that or the OP tells the Pastor that he doesn't appreciate him sending his wife suggestive texts - it might be with innocent intentions, but looks bad and could lead to trouble for him (the Pastor.)

• Agree
Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or they are filled with the spirit of God and are unaffected by things like this. Secure men do not fear losing there wives........
This is not about a man losing his wife. This is about a pastor overstepping his bounds with another man's wife.
There is no reason to react all.
....and this attitude is the reason so many "men of god" are able to operate as sexual predators.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This is not about a man losing his wife. This is about a pastor overstepping his bounds with another man's wife.

....and this attitude is the reason so many "men of god" are able to operate as sexual predators.
I wish I could give your post two winner icons.

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
A Realist said:

I wish I could give your post two winner icons.
So do i.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is about a man looking at a group of words and making himself jealous and offended and blaming it on the group of letters that he saw.

We dont know what the writter meant by the letters he sent.....but regardless, it should have no afffect on him.....He should stop it if he doesnt want it to happen or forget about it...... What is to be gained from dwelling on it?
And it is this sort of comment that will get you many likes and agrees from the world.....so you should continue to write them if you want to increase your ratings.

It is entirely possible to not allow things to happen without judgement and emotional instability. This sort of thing is required by Judges and Jurors. It is also important to maintain a healthy spiritual life......If we want to only dwell in the flesh.....we should not learn to control it....just let it tell us how we should feel and act accordingly. "Therefore, they that are in the flesh, cannot please God."

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It is about a man looking at a group of words and making himself jealous and offended and blaming it on the group of letters that he saw.

We dont know what the writter meant by the letters he sent.....but regardless, it should have no afffect on him.....He should stop it if he doesnt want it to happen or forget about it...... What is to be gained from dwelling on it?

And it is this sort of comment that will get you many likes and agrees from the world.....so you should continue to write them if you want to increase your ratings.

It is entirely possible to not allow things to happen without judgement and emotional instability. This sort of thing is required by Judges and Jurors. It is also important to maintain a healthy spiritual life......If we want to only dwell in the flesh.....we should not learn to control it....just let it tell us how we should feel and act accordingly. "Therefore, they that are in the flesh, cannot please God."
Lots of attacking, sarcasm, and personal insults in that post, to the OP and another poster. Is that what the OP was asking for here? But I guess it will be up to a moderator to decide for sure about that.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm probably going to get a warning for saying this....but this entire response is incredibly naive and just plain idiotic.

I'm not trying to increase my "ratings". If folks agree with what I say, that's their prerogative.

If you are enough of a "secure man", to ignore what this pastor is plainly doing (hint: the "wink" emoji gives it away) with your wife, then godspeed, buddy.

I've been married for 37 years now, and we have a very secure marriage.........but I still wouldn't let another man, especially a pastor, approach my wife suggesting a one-on-one meeting "wink, wink" without me shutting him down.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm probably going to get a warning for saying this....but this entire response is incredibly naive and just plain idiotic.

I'm not trying to increase my "ratings". If folks agree with what I say, that's their prerogative.

If you are enough of a "secure man", to ignore what this pastor is plainly doing (hint: the "wink" emoji gives it away) with your wife, then godspeed, buddy.

I've been married for 37 years now, and we have a very secure marriage.........but I still wouldn't let another man, especially a pastor, approach my wife suggesting a one-on-one meeting "wink, wink" without me shutting him down.
I thought what you posted was not only logical, pertinent to the OP's actual requests, but also civil and lacking in malice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of attacking, sarcasm, and personal insults in that post, to the OP and another poster. Is that what the OP was asking for here? But I guess it will be up to a moderator to decide for sure about that.
You saw attacks and insults.....I saw a group of letters that formed words and sentences..... just like your post....It does not make me feel or think anything that I do not wish to think or feel.

Thanks for helping to support my initial post to the OP. I wish you success and whatever you are trying to accomplish...... But you cannot make me think anything negative about you or your words. For my heart and mind is guarded

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What has your post got to do with my post or the verse i posted?
I mean that we all strive to avoid evil, or the appearance of evil, but we don't always succeed. The appearance of evil is also somewhat in the hands of the observer and out of our control.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are moving the goal post. It's not about whether or not anyone is perfect. We could say about Hitler, or Judas "But who among us is perfect?" What would that mean in terms of obedience to the Word? Nothing.

The post is about whether or not the OP and his wife can trust the Pastor, not about whether or not he is perfect.
I'm not moving a goal post I am responding to a particular post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I mean that we all strive to avoid evil, or the appearance of evil, but we don't always succeed. The appearance of evil is also somewhat in the hands of the observer and out of our control.

This makes no sense.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I see nothing wrong with anything you write, have written, or will write in the future. You are only saying what you believe is right in your heart. Why would anyone see wrong in that? If you ask me, people are way to quick to report..... you dont have to worry about that when you write me.

Nothing wrong with ratings......your views are popular, so they can be expected.

Again, it is possible to stop things from happening without getting judgmental and emotional and thinking the worse about situations.

The outcome would be the same....except, with me, there would be no confrontation, no judgement, no hard negative feelings, and no winners ratings.

Ideally, the wife would have said no thanks and moved on.....I do see why this went pass the first text.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.