Missouri
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
*NEWS FLASH* This just in, the election was two months ago... GET. OVER. IT.

And she was hated because she was an idiot who had no business being one step away from the Presidency, not because she was a Republican.

It is pointless to even begin to argue with you, I am over it. I wish Mr Obama all the best for the sake of our country. I will applaud him when he does well and and be a vocal opponent when I disagree.

What I am not over, is the lack of objectionable media. Hannity had it right when he said, "Journalism died in 2008."

Upvote 0

46thPrez

Jan 7, 2009
Missouri
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pffft. What a cry baby. Though I'm not surprised at all. The Republicans love to claim to be the party of personal responsibility, but when it comes down to it, its always some else's fault. Palin wasn't treated unfairly by the media. She was a ditz who was in way over her head. The only fault is hers for accepting the nomination.

I guarantee if she would have supported a more liberal agenda, you would not be making this claim. At least those in the media would not have, she would have been applauded and loved by the media and liberal hourdes had she just had an abortion or supported abortion, or any other liberal view. I mean come on, they fell in love with inexperienced community organizer, who looked pretty and spoke well with a teleprompeter and made him president.!!

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,780.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
What I am not over, is the lack of objectionable media. Hannity had it right when he said, "Journalism died in 2008."
Hannity should know. He and Fox News helped to destroy journalism.

Hannity would end his Sunday night show highlighting a weekly "Enemy of the State" which happened to always be liberal democrat. I must say it was the pinnacle of television journalism....NOT :D

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟322,339.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Pffft. What a cry baby. Though I'm not surprised at all. The Republicans love to claim to be the party of personal responsibility, but when it comes down to it, its always some else's fault. Palin wasn't treated unfairly by the media. She was a ditz who was in way over her head. The only fault is hers for accepting the nomination.

Here I have to disagree. The greater fault lies with those who offered the position to her.

Upvote 0

Risen Tree

previously Rising Tree
Nov 20, 2002
Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Then my I must not be able to read the english language. I understood in your post that you say the conservatives tend to blame everyone but themselves. I stated that we do blame ourselves, we have no clear real conservative leadership and that is why we lost the election. The entire republican party imploded during the primaries, essentially over the argument of who is conservativ and who is not. Therefore, I and many others blame ourselves. The Democrats did a much better job of rallying around their candidate.

What you need to understand is that most Republicans do NOT accept blame, but rather, choose to assign it to someone else.

Look, I'm just trying to help you see what's *really* wrong with the Republican Party. If you (plural) can't even look within yourselves before pointing the fingers at the rest of us, how can you hope to regain your position of power, much less solve the massive domestic and foreign problems that you have left for us to have to fix?

Upvote 0

46thPrez

Jan 7, 2009
Missouri
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What you need to understand is that most Republicans do NOT accept blame, but rather, choose to assign it to someone else.

Look, I'm just trying to help you see what's *really* wrong with the Republican Party. If you (plural) can't even look within yourselves before pointing the fingers at the rest of us, how can you hope to regain your position of power, much less solve the massive domestic and foreign problems that you have left for us to have to fix?

Look, most of my friends are conservatives, I listen to and read alot of conservative commentary. We do blame ourselves. The bafoons they talk to on the big 3 and CNN most generally are not conservatives, but moderate republicans. Frankly, I think its time for a big shake up and soul searching within the Republican party, if that means a new party has to be formed, then so be it. Honestly when it comes to politics, I am a conservative first, then a republican.

Upvote 0

Risen Tree

previously Rising Tree
Nov 20, 2002
Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Look, most of my friends are conservatives, I listen to and read alot of conservative commentary. We do blame ourselves. The bafoons they talk to on the big 3 and CNN most generally are not conservatives, but moderate republicans. Frankly, I think its time for a big shake up and soul searching within the Republican party, if that means a new party has to be formed, then so be it. Honestly when it comes to politics, I am a conservative first, then a republican.

But you do realize that most Republicans are not like that, right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

poohgirl

It's Great to be a Championship FLORIDA GATOR!
Oct 16, 2007
South
✟8,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Caroline is getting hard-nosed scrutiny by the NY media. As she should. And--tomorrow night's SNL is new. I can almost guarantee there will be a skit with someone spoofing Caroline.
Ya know, I think I'd like to see that happen. Ya know I'm not so sure of whether or not ya know they will take it to the extent they did with Palin though.

Upvote 0

46thPrez

Jan 7, 2009
Missouri
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But you do realize that most Republicans are not like that, right?

Yes most republicans are, I live in an area that is strongly republican, and I've lived in other ares of the counrty and know republicans there. My wife is from a conservative area of Wisconsin. Trust me, we for the most part agree on our politics. The more moderate republicans are the minority. They just happen to get the most media attention.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,780.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Ya know, I think I'd like to see that happen. Ya know I'm not so sure of whether or not ya know they will take it to the extent they did with Palin though.
Dontcha know that there Caroline will just be a Senator and not first in line to be President by golly....did I mention you can see Russia from Alaska?

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your idea of cogent argument is looking at one side and not the whole.

That's quite ironic coming from a member who ignored my entire post and instead carelessly dismissed my arguments.
Ringo

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

And Hannity might as well be the spear head for the death of journalism!

I guarantee if she would have supported a more liberal agenda, you would not be making this claim. At least those in the media would not have, she would have been applauded and loved by the media and liberal hourdes had she just had an abortion or supported abortion, or any other liberal view. I mean come on, they fell in love with inexperienced community organizer, who looked pretty and spoke well with a teleprompeter and made him president.!!

I guarantee I would be making this claim. She was wildly ill equipped to be VP. It has absolutely nothing to do with her political positions. I can disagree with someone's political views, but still be able to admit that they were at least qualified. Palin wasn't, and now she's crying because people didn't buy into her "hockey mom" fluff that she put forth.

The difference with Obama is that he could give a coherent answer and at least had a clue what was going on. Palin dodged more questions than a game of dodge ball and when she did try to give an answer it was convoluted to the point that it had nothing to do with the original question. So I'll take an inexperienced community organizer over a clueless experienced executive any day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

46thPrez

Jan 7, 2009
Missouri
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And Hannity might as well be the spear head for the death of journalism!

I guarantee I would be making this claim. She was wildly ill equipped to be VP. It has absolutely nothing to do with her political positions. I can disagree with someone's political views, but still be able to admit that they were at least qualified. Palin wasn't, and now she's crying because people didn't buy into her "hockey mom" fluff that she put forth.

The difference with Obama is that he could give a coherent answer and at least had a clue what was going on. Palin dodged more questions than a game of dodge ball and when she did try to give an answer it was convoluted to the point that it had nothing to do with the original question. So I'll take an inexperienced community organizer over a clueless experienced executive any day.

No Obama, could give a good Rehearsed answer, go take a look at any video where he isn't prepared a tell me he looked coherent

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟213,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see no lack of objectionable media and Fox is among the most objectionable of the cable group which trails the talk radio rabble rousers.

However, objective media is harder to come by.

Upvote 0

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Obama had no executive experience, yet they never questioned him. Palin was a successful mayor and governor, yet according to the media she lacked experience.
Palin is governor of a state with the population of a small county in CA, that is not much experience. When she was mayor whe almost bankrupted the town she was in, that is great experience.:doh:
President Obama comes across as intelligent and well spoken, Palin as a bumbling idiot.

Obama pals around with domestic terrorists and anti-semitic palestinian radicals and no own in the media(except for Hannity and Limbaugh) questions his judgement. Palin has an out of wedlock pregnant teenage daughter (oh no, its the end of the world) and she is instantly unfit for anything but the local trailer park.
Todd pals around with secessionists now versus Obama was 8 when Ayers was an activist. And Plain actually would be a good trailer park candidate, good call.

Obama freely speaks the wonderous virtues of communism and he is considered a visionary. Palin confronts him on the issue and she is
considered mean and spiteful.
Nothin Obama said had anything to do with communism, nice try but a big fail.
There were too many double standards to even count in this last election.
Wrong

She was hated because she was a conservative Not to mention, she didn't have to squeal like Hillary, she managed to be feminine and yet powerful at the same time, and she hadn't aborted her down sydromed son.
Shw was disliked becasue she was obviously out of her league and about as intelligent as a box of rocks.

And I have no idea where you get powerful, she came across as just plain pathetic.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.