Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"As they were about to set off to meet Couric, Palin announced 'I hate this makeup' - smearing it off her face, messing up her hair, complaining she looked fat," the book relates.

Not a big Palin fan, but if this quote is 100% accurate I completely sympathize with her. Such reaction could be expected from a woman who had recently given birth and was placed into a much more stressful situation and national spotlight than she'd previously been used to.

Obama won because the central bankers wanted him to win...look how much new money was printed (at 2% interest to the federal reserve) since he's been in office.

Captain, we've entered Ronulan territory.

Palin-derangement syndrome.

This is a meme that needs to die. People can be critical of political figures without having an ersatz mental disorder.

If you read the book, Going Rogue which liberals most likely haven't-Palin just tried to defend herself a couple times after being very very patient with the McCain groupies - and some nutty political lady that worked with McCain called her rogue. They shut her out because the were moderates and she isn't- they treated her rotten!!

Oh boo hoo hoo. All we hear about is how tough and strong willed she is. If she was so worried about how she was going to be treated she could have turned down the nomination.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,190.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Not a big Palin fan, but if this quote is 100% accurate I completely sympathize with her. Such reaction could be expected from a woman who had recently given birth and was placed into a much more stressful situation and national spotlight than she'd previously been used to.

I apologize for the re-write. When one looks at the situation as it actually occurred, my sympathies include crocodile tears....

Not a big Palin fan, but if this quote is 100% accurate I completely sympathize with her. Such reaction could be expected from a woman who had recently given birth and was asked and accepted a much more stressful situation and national spotlight than she'd previously been used to.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I apologize for the re-write. When one looks at the situation as it actually occurred, my sympathies include crocodile tears....

Not a big Palin fan, but if this quote is 100% accurate I completely sympathize with her. Such reaction could be expected from a woman who had recently given birth and was asked and accepted a much more stressful situation and national spotlight than she'd previously been used to.
Yes, I think you are right about that.

But what kind of woman walks away from her newborn son to take on such a responsibility? Her choice, and not a naive one as she had much experience being a mother of a newborn.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The level of vitriol re Palin from the left is evidence of their concern about her. If she is who they say she is, why bother?
Hey, if she is going to "write" an autobiography and become a national media star, it's not because she doesn't love attention.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,190.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The level of vitriol re Palin from the left is evidence of their concern about her. If she is who they say she is, why bother?
Because they can. Pat Robertson is also of no concern to many, however does that mean that one cannot call him out for ridiculous statements?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,190.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I think you are right about that.

But what kind of woman walks away from her newborn son to take on such a responsibility? Her choice, and not a naive one as she had much experience being a mother of a newborn.
That was one of my very first questions the day she accepted the nomination. Even Dr. Laura criticized her for choosing the position of VP over responsibility of mother. Then again, statements made by the father of Palin's grandchild reveal that she shirked many motherly responsibilities....

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

No prob. I could have phrased that better (in several different ways). I still feel some sympathy for her if the quote is true.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Disenchanted campaign workers, among others.

Indeed. Like Nicole Wallace, an intelligent, well-educated Conservative lady and Palin's former campaign handler.

McCain adviser: Palin’s book is fiction
Depictions ‘took place entirely in her imagination,’ says Wallace

Wallace took particular issue with Palin's version of her Katie Couric interview, which did not cast the former vice presidential candidate in a favorable light.

‘Working mom’ interview?
Palin described thinking the Couric interview would be lighthearted and fun. "It was supposed to be ... a working mom speaking with [another] working mom and the challenges that we have with teenage daughters," she told "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in an interview broadcast Monday.

Wallace told msnbc that this is "rationalization or justification or fiction."

"We set up this interview on the day of the U.N. General Assembly, with a walk-and-talk in front of the U.N. It was never made as two working gals. It's either rationalization or justification or fiction. That was supposed to be to highlight her foreign policy savvy [SIC!] [in the context of] the U.N. General Assembly. The picture is in front of the U.N. to highlight her expertise and readiness to be Vice President -- it wasn't about two working gals."

With savvy, intelligent women like Ms Wallace to choose from, I'll never understand why or why did GOP feel the party had to acquiesce in someone like Palin. :doh:

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
LOL, her biggest critics are full blooded right leaning RNC committed McCain staffers commented on how much an idiot she is. I think the lastest comment is they expected some level of intelligence to work with, but were deeply dissappointed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

Because being an imbicile is not going to stop the GOP (lacking any real potential leaders) from grooming her for a position of power. And GOP supporters are so starved for leadership they'll follow any empty suit the Party props up in front of them.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Is it vitriol to point out - correctly - that Palin is intellectually shallow?
Ringo

Upvote 0

roflcopter101

Zero Gravitas
Dec 16, 2008
San Jose, CA
✟8,374.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Everyone, I understand that Palin seems to be less than the most perfect person in the world.

However, people still believe in her and she still may be considering running in 2012.

If she is elected to president, there would not only be issues of competence, but also of policy. Her political views are extremely right wing on most issues and her policies in office could interfere with America's international, economic, and social progress.

In short, she is a threat.

Even if she is an idiot, she is a dangerous idiot. We cannot simply call her stupid and expect for people to stop supporting her. Anyone who is seriously opposed to her must publicly pick apart her political, economic, and social views in a methodically brutal fashion to ensure that she would never win the presidency.

If any of you are seriously opposed to her, you must take her seriously.

Upvote 0