Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is the real fact, where conservatism was on the ballot, conservatism won. i.e. Marriage amendments to state constitutions.
They only won the gay marriage issue here by using lies, if they had stuck to the truth it would have failed.

And other amendment such as parental consent for an abortion, lost, so not all conservative ballot measures won.

Like it or not these amendments were the will of the people in those states, thats a conservative issue and it won. Put real conservative ideas and candidates on the ballot and they will win!!!!!
Only if you lie and distort the truth.

Upvote 0

Lockguy3000

Nov 14, 2007
NYC
✟9,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And she was hated because she was an idiot who had no business being one step away from the Presidency, not because she was a Republican.

watch

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PALIN?SITE=NJVIN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Waaa

She goes on to question whether the MSM will grill Caroline Kennedy like she believed she was grilled. What an whiner! Somebody needs to get her some oxycontin ;)

Good job atheist liberal media :thumbsup:

Caroline Kennedy has more intelligence in her little finger than Palin has in her whole body. Caroline Kennedy would know how to answer such softball questions as Palin was asked by Couric.

Upvote 0

Risen Tree

previously Rising Tree
Nov 20, 2002
Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes most republicans are, I live in an area that is strongly republican, and I've lived in other ares of the counrty and know republicans there. My wife is from a conservative area of Wisconsin. Trust me, we for the most part agree on our politics. The more moderate republicans are the minority. They just happen to get the most media attention.

Though I disagree, I will give you credit for one thing here, and that is that most conservatives are quite united not necessarily in what they stand for, but what they stand against.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's almost like every time she opens her mouth she is always making the same statement:

"I AM NOT QUALIFIED NOR CAPABLE OF PERFORMING A PUBLIC SERVICE ABOVE METER READING. EVEN THEN I SOMETIMES NEED A CALCULATOR AND A TRANSLATOR."

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes most republicans are, I live in an area that is strongly republican, and I've lived in other ares of the counrty and know republicans there. My wife is from a conservative area of Wisconsin. Trust me, we for the most part agree on our politics. The more moderate republicans are the minority. They just happen to get the most media attention.

If you support Bush then chances are you are as close to be a Conservative as Palin is to giving an Inaugral speech instead of Obama.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh no! Palin was "exploited" by David Letterman too![/sarcasm]
Ringo

Some peeps had no issue with the "librul" media twisting sound bites from Rev Wright and painting a completely dishonest picture of TUCC to try and slam Obama but now the media is once again librul because....Palin stepped in front of some microphones.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some peeps had no issue with the "librul" media twisting sound bites from Rev Wright and painting a completely dishonest picture of TUCC to try and slam Obama but now the media is once again librul because....Palin stepped in front of some microphones.

That's right! Talk about double standard. Obama was attacked endlessly for every "association" under the sun. He hasn't said one word about being "exploited". Palin gets in front of a camera and embarrasses herself, and suddenly it's the media's fault.
Ringo

Upvote 0

S53

Aug 12, 2008
✟2,597.00
Faith
Messianic
With Palin, I first thought that it was the advisors fault.

But now, with all this crap about her out there, I can't help but wonder. I think GOPians should listen to the Demies this time around. Palin has gone overboard. After the election, she should've of shut up and went home. But no. She blames the media for all her problems. When in reality, they were responsible for very little.

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What a load of crap!!! Look, republicans lost because GW has a low approval rating, economic burdens (I want even begin to dissect that whole mess), and the lack of a true Conservative at the head of the ticket.

Bush, is not a conservative, he as prooven that in the last term. It's not Obama's fault we lost, it's the lack of leadership. And I'm not the only conservative who puts the blame on ourselves. There is alot of soul searching to be done before the next election.
This is a very true statement. Unfortunately, you proceed to shoot yourself in the foot with the next part...

Here is the real fact, where conservatism was on the ballot, conservatism won. i.e. Marriage amendments to state constitutions. Like it or not these amendments were the will of the people in those states, thats a conservative issue and it won. Put real conservative ideas and candidates on the ballot and they will win!!!!!

The problem with progressives is they tend to think ALL of America agrees with them, they are mistaken.
I had always been led to believe that the conservative ideal was a small, fiscally responsible government that kept its nose out of the citizens daily lives.

'Conservatives' talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

Abortion: Taking choices and options away from people.
Drugs: Taking choices and options away from people.
Same sex unions: Taking choices and options away from people.
Military: Bigger and bigger.
Law enforcement: Invading citizens privacy in favor of security.
Immigration: More government involvement and red tape.
Guns: Actually follow the conservative ideal.

I used to identify as conservative. I was a member of the Republican Party. I had to leave because the ideals they espoused were no longer conservative. They have become the elitists that they accuse the Democrats of becoming. If you are not straight, white, Christian, and at least upper-middle class, the GOP doesn't want you involved. And until they broaden the tent and start supporting a few non-wedge issues, they will become increasingly irrelevant.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is a very true statement. Unfortunately, you proceed to shoot yourself in the foot with the next part...

I had always been led to believe that the conservative ideal was a small, fiscally responsible government that kept its nose out of the citizens daily lives.

'Conservatives' talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

Abortion: Taking choices and options away from people.
Drugs: Taking choices and options away from people.
Same sex unions: Taking choices and options away from people.
Military: Bigger and bigger.
Law enforcement: Invading citizens privacy in favor of security.
Immigration: More government involvement and red tape.
Guns: Actually follow the conservative ideal.

I used to identify as conservative. I was a member of the Republican Party. I had to leave because the ideals they espoused were no longer conservative. They have become the elitists that they accuse the Democrats of becoming. If you are not straight, white, Christian, and at least upper-middle class, the GOP doesn't want you involved. And until they broaden the tent and start supporting a few non-wedge issues, they will become increasingly irrelevant.

That is dead on and called out the problem with that post in precision. You've described the marriage of Party murder with the desire of controlling private lives (Religious Right) and an Imperial government (Neocons.) Let's look at what else can be added to the list:

Nation Building in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Admitting to operating secret prisons around the globe. (What would happen if Iran made that admission? But for some reason it's okay for us.)

Warrantless wiretapping to spy on Americans.

Gitmo: hold people indefinitely without due process.

Paying private military companies to commit national and international crimes.

Forcing Citizens to remain in the military beyond their contract. (No bones about it: that's enslavement)

People need to distinquish between Conservative, Neocon, and Social Conservative. None of the three have anything in common but the last two found a utilitarian friendship, even though some of their domestic positions are at odds. I have no doubt mccain and palin were put on the ticket to force my Party to purge itself of the liberalism of neocons and social conservatives. Will we listen? I have no idea at this point and if this board is any type of barometer we are in serious problems because the denial is stephen king scary. Instead of addressing the issues and facts the response is usually to shoot the messenger and call them Rinos and other such childish melodrama.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
A rare truth, in an otherwise vast expanse of partisan dribble passed down the train of liberal dogma.

Kennedy wears Kevlar inscribed with "D" and "K", so she will find a loving media fighting to be first in line to eat her excrement.

A loving media whose had a field day with the way she talks...

When you wish to criticize the news media it may help if you actually watch the news some time.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A loving media whose had a field day with the way she talks...

When you wish to criticize the news media it may help if you actually watch the news some time.

Well, there are only 24 hours in a day so some people have to choose between opening 4,568 sock accounts on the 'net or do some homework.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

Thread is permanently closed due to numerous rule violations.

Flaming
You will not insult, belittle, mock, or personally attack other members or groups of members. Use of derogatory nicknames in reference to other members is prohibited. Don't goad another member or start call-out threads. This flaming rule also applies to public figures.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.