I bring nothing to the table
Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟56,288.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Obama had no executive experience, yet they never questioned him. Palin was a successful mayor and governor, yet according to the media she lacked experience.

Obama pals around with domestic terrorists and anti-semitic palestinian radicals and no own in the media(except for Hannity and Limbaugh) questions his judgement. Palin has an out of wedlock pregnant teenage daughter (oh no, its the end of the world) and she is instantly unfit for anything but the local trailer park.

Obama freely speaks the wonderous virtues of communism and he is considered a visionary. Palin confronts him on the issue and she is
considered mean and spiteful.

There were too many double standards to even count in this last election.
She was hated because she was a conservative. Not to mention, she didn't have to squeal like Hillary, she managed to be feminine and yet powerful at the same time, and she hadn't aborted her down sydromed son.

No she is not, far from it. That's just it. When are people going to start discerning between Conservative and Neocon? They are miles apart and Palin is a textbook Neocon not a Conservative. It is the Neocons that are despised. It is the Neocons that brought down the Republican party by usurping the Conservative badge and self-righteously pinning it on their own puffed up chests.

It is the Neocons such as Palin that the Republican party needs to evict in order to gain back public support. Unfortunately for them the party is so infested with them the majority sentiment amongst them these days is that more are needed. A sentiment perpetuated by pundits only to be regurgitated by it's koolaid drinkers.........

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,190.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

46thPrez

Jan 7, 2009
Missouri
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Palin's comments--and several of the comments in this thread--are very, very typical of the Right.

When confronted with failure--in this case, the loss of the White House--they choose not to look at themselves in the mirror, and they point fingers at their opponents instead. They do this regardless no matterly how crushed, defeated, and hopeless their position is; they absolutely refuse to consider that they could have even slightly been wrong. Yes exceptions to this rule exist in the Right, but they are rare.

That is one of many aspects that sets progressives ahead. We choose to assign blame where it is due. If that blame belongs on others, we put it there, and if it belongs on our own selfs, we take it without flinching.

In short, none of this surprises me one bit.

What a load of crap!!! Look, republicans lost because GW has a low approval rating, economic burdens (I want even begin to dissect that whole mess), and the lack of a true Conservative at the head of the ticket.

Bush, is not a conservative, he as prooven that in the last term. It's not Obama's fault we lost, it's the lack of leadership. And I'm not the only conservative who puts the blame on ourselves. There is alot of soul searching to be done before the next election.

Here is the real fact, where conservatism was on the ballot, conservatism won. i.e. Marriage amendments to state constitutions. Like it or not these amendments were the will of the people in those states, thats a conservative issue and it won. Put real conservative ideas and candidates on the ballot and they will win!!!!!

The problem with progressives is they tend to think ALL of America agrees with them, they are mistaken.

Upvote 0

46thPrez

Jan 7, 2009
Missouri
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My city councilman (actually woman) represents more people than Palin did as Governer. If I set up a neighborhood watch I'd 'represent' more than she did as Mayor. And we would still both be equal in having no international experience.

But At least I would not be stupid enough to say you can see Mexico from California.

Actually thinking about it the 'You can see Russia" bit show how gentle the media were with Palin. What she deserved was a comeback saying "All that says is that you have good reason to have the knowledge about Russia. Show us what you know".

Read the link in one of my precious posts, you can literally see Russia from Alaska. Heaven forbid a Governor make a correct comment about the geography of her state.

Great then you support a neighborhood watch and you'll have just as much executive experience as Obama.

Upvote 0

46thPrez

Jan 7, 2009
Missouri
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No she is not, far from it. That's just it. When are people going to start discerning between Conservative and Neocon? They are miles apart and Palin is a textbook Neocon not a Conservative. It is the Neocons that are despised. It is the Neocons that brought down the Republican party by usurping the Conservative badge and self-righteously pinning it on their own puffed up chests.

It is the Neocons such as Palin that the Republican party needs to evict in order to gain back public support. Unfortunately for them the party is so infested with them the majority sentiment amongst them these days is that more are needed. A sentiment perpetuated by pundits only to be regurgitated by it's koolaid drinkers.........

The so called "Neocons" are the conservatives, they are the ones who took congress back in 1994 overwhelmingly. Unfortunately they failed to keep up their end of the bargain and we've been looking for untainted conservatives since.

The truth is McCain was not a conservative, never has been and never will be, McCain was more worried about offending the opposing party and being accepted in certain elite circles than standing for conservative principles. It's time for the moderates, or the "democrats lite" as I like to refer to them, to take a hike.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,190.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Read the link in one of my precious posts, you can literally see Russia from Alaska. Heaven forbid a Governor make a correct comment about the geography of her state.

Great then you support a neighborhood watch and you'll have just as much executive experience as Obama.
Once again, I need to point out your failure to comprehend what was asked of Palin. She was asked "what insight she had into Russia's actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you." Her response gave no insight into Russian actions.

Upvote 0

Risen Tree

previously Rising Tree
Nov 20, 2002
Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
What a load of crap!!! Look, republicans lost because GW has a low approval rating, economic burdens (I want even begin to dissect that whole mess), and the lack of a true Conservative at the head of the ticket.

Bush, is not a conservative, he as prooven that in the last term. It's not Obama's fault we lost, it's the lack of leadership. And I'm not the only conservative who puts the blame on ourselves. There is alot of soul searching to be done before the next election.

Here is the real fact, where conservatism was on the ballot, conservatism won. i.e. Marriage amendments to state constitutions. Like it or not these amendments were the will of the people in those states, thats a conservative issue and it won. Put real conservative ideas and candidates on the ballot and they will win!!!!!

The problem with progressives is they tend to think ALL of America agrees with them, they are mistaken.

If you had paid attention to my post, you would have realized that I was talking about conservatives as a whole, not just neoconservative politicians.

Upvote 0

46thPrez

Jan 7, 2009
Missouri
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You have no idea what Conservative is...........

Well here is the only quote of Obama I seemed to agree with during his acceptance speech, it really covers a large portion of what conservative means.

Let's remember that it was a man from this state who first carried the banner of the Republican Party to the White House, a party founded on the values of self-reliance and individual liberty and national unity.

It is a shame that Obama himself understand the meaning of conservative more than most "moderate" republicans.

Upvote 0

46thPrez

Jan 7, 2009
Missouri
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you had paid attention to my post, you would have realized that I was talking about conservatives as a whole, not just neoconservative politicians.

No I understood what your saying, your ere though in your assumption in making lumping together all Republicans and labeling them conservatives. Not all Republicans are conservative, most non conservative republicans blame everyone else, including true conservatives and most conservatives blame the entire lack of real conservatism in Republican leadership.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PantsMcFist

Trying to get his head back under the clouds
Aug 16, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
✟16,177.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
No I understood what your saying, your ere though in your assumption in making lumping together all Republicans and labeling them conservatives. Not all Republicans are conservative, most non conservative republicans blame everyone else, including true conservatives and most conservatives blame the entire lack of real conservatism in Republican leadership.

So what you're saying is, that no one ever blames themselves? And this is a political party made up of human beings? Shocking!

<staff edit>

Usually in an argument I find that the side that runs out of good points first starts relying on personal barbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟323,797.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

while the comment it technically accurate it is not responsive to the question asked and misleading.

How does being able to see Russia have to do with and foreign policy experience?

Also while technically accurate you that you can see Russia From Alaska you can not see Russia from any reasonably populated part of Alaska, and certainly not from anywhere where Palin has ever lived.

Upvote 0

Risen Tree

previously Rising Tree
Nov 20, 2002
Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

No you didn't. In fact you're proving my point quite nicely.

Upvote 0

46thPrez

Jan 7, 2009
Missouri
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No you didn't. In fact you're proving my point quite nicely.

Then my I must not be able to read the english language. I understood in your post that you say the conservatives tend to blame everyone but themselves. I stated that we do blame ourselves, we have no clear real conservative leadership and that is why we lost the election. The entire republican party imploded during the primaries, essentially over the argument of who is conservativ and who is not. Therefore, I and many others blame ourselves. The Democrats did a much better job of rallying around their candidate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It wasn't that the statement was incorrect, but that she said it counted as foreign policy experience. How astoundingly dumb was that!

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Obama had no executive experience, yet they never questioned him. Palin was a successful mayor and governor, yet according to the media she lacked experience.

Obama pals around with domestic terrorists and anti-semitic palestinian radicals and no own in the media(except for Hannity and Limbaugh) questions his judgement. Palin has an out of wedlock pregnant teenage daughter (oh no, its the end of the world) and she is instantly unfit for anything but the local trailer park.

Obama freely speaks the wonderous virtues of communism and he is considered a visionary. Palin confronts him on the issue and she is
considered mean and spiteful.

There were too many double standards to even count in this last election.

She was hated because she was a conservative. Not to mention, she didn't have to squeal like Hillary, she managed to be feminine and yet powerful at the same time, and she hadn't aborted her down sydromed son.

*NEWS FLASH* This just in, the election was two months ago... GET. OVER. IT.

And she was hated because she was an idiot who had no business being one step away from the Presidency, not because she was a Republican.

Reactions: Risen Tree
Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pffft. What a cry baby. Though I'm not surprised at all. The Republicans love to claim to be the party of personal responsibility, but when it comes down to it, its always some else's fault. Palin wasn't treated unfairly by the media. <staff edit>The only fault is hers for accepting the nomination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,190.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Pffft. What a cry baby. Though I'm not surprised at all. The Republicans love to claim to be the party of personal responsibility, but when it comes down to it, its always some else's fault. Palin wasn't treated unfairly by the media. She was a ditz who was in way over her head. The only fault is hers for accepting the nomination.

She will never win a national election if she continues to take on the roll of victim.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.