• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Overwhelming me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My aunt, who I was so incredibly close to, died 10 years ago on the 16th. It's a day I will never forget, and one that never forgets to torture me. She was my world away, everything, and on this anniversary I find myself longing for just one more time with her.

I promised her I'd finish college, but so far I'm only half done and 23 years old with about an additional 6k in debt because of interest, so no hope of returning. I miss her so much, and I am struggling a lot because of it. I try to think that she's in heaven, not hurting anymore, because I know how much she suffered when she was here, but I cannot do anything but find myself selfishly wishing she was here :(

Please pray, because I feel like I'm really fading.

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes she was a Christian. My grandmother, her sister, led her to Christ months before she died of stomach cancer. I am visiting her grave tomorrow and leaving her some violets...her name was Violet.

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Hallee im so sorry to hear that:(:hug: and to hear your hurting:(Ur aunt would be truely proud of you im sure.Try not to be hard on yourself ((((HUG))) I know its hard not to be at times. :hug:Uve been doing your best and she loved you greatly, Im sure because you are a wonderful lady. :hug:. As in wanting your grandmother back, I dont think is selfish when my nan died a couple of months ago, I was just so angry with God he took I felt he just took away someone I loved. I wanted her back you know. She became a Christian at the last minute which I truely believe. Im happy that shes with God and everything, but I know it still hurts you know because I want her to still be here:(
I cant tell you when it will stop hurting. :(:(
Just small things like going into a garden centre and thinking nan would like this and looking through her photos. I dont ever want to forget her.
I wish I could just give you a BIG HUG. God bless u.
Know my thoughts and prayers are with you. All my love.:hug::hug::hug:
Love Joxxx

Reactions: EbonNelumbo
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.