A book on Ishmael and Isaac related to current events?

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My sister is not what you would call devout. But she does have a belief in the Almighty and in his son and does pray when she feels she needs help. Often with good results. She does listen to what I have to say about the Torah though so far it seems just out of curiosity mostly.

Recently, she has been taking an interest in Israelite history. She likes history in general.

She is interested in the current horrible events that have taken place in Israel. But since she never paid much attention to the Middle East issues before, and since she doesn’t really get into the Bible, it is hard
sometimes to describe to her why what is going on is happening.

Like how the conflict goes back to ancient times. And honestly, I am not an expert anyway.

I was wondering if there is a book out there that explains the ancient conflict between Ishmael and Isaac, focusing in terms of current events, that might help her to grasp these issues better. (She doesn’t have Audible, by the way.)

My ultimate goal here isn’t just to inform her about current issues, but to help her see how the Bible is accurate.

I looked on Amazon, but didn’t see anything that really seemed to address that perspective that much.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,960.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Ish-Shema-El, means the Lord hears man from right to left, and from left to right, man hears the Lord. It is a double way , full of interaction. What did the Lord hear? Affliction.

Gen.16:11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.

The basic meaning of “Jihad” is not holy war, but “Struggle”. In Jewish teaching, everyone need to understand everyone is in “Struggle” and affliction.

Gen. 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

Why did the Lord bless Ishmael with fruitful \multiplying and great? In my opinion the Lord wants more people hear Him and He likes to hear more people.

Pray for the war of Simchat Torah. May miracles happen between Isaac and Ishmael.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Message me anytime for any reason you like. I’ve gone ahead and bought a book to send my sister. It is called Chronological Guide To Bible Prophecy.

The reviews on Amazon made it look promising. Though it was written before the current Gaza conflict.

I just hope it isn’t pushing the pretrib rapture theory, but from the reviews that doesn’t sound like that is the case.

Thanks so much for your response and attempt to help.

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,960.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Nabeel Qureshi was an American Arabic theological Christian doctor with Islamic background. He died in his 30’s years old. Search his name would find plenty of materials about the relationship between Isaac and Ishmael.

• Informative
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0