Wife is sick please pray for her.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Starting Tuesday my wife started feeling ill thinking nothing of it because she was off until Thursday and she is usually not sick more than a few days it was fine. Wednesday she was as sick as a dog she took an at home covid test and it was negative. Come Wednesday night she had a fever of 101 degrees and called work to say she was sick. Yesterday morning her fever was even worse she called her boss to ask what to do because she didn't have enough PTO to cover more than yesterday. Her boss told her to see a doctor and submit a request for time off with a doctor's note. So she saw her doctor yesterday afternoon and she signed a note for her. She also gave her an "official" covid test which later that night came back as negative as well.

This morning her fever is apparently gone but it doesn't feel to her like it's gone she still feels very warm and chilly at the same time. She took today off work too but accumulated 1 point for the day because she didn't have enough pto to cover more than yesterday. After her request is approved those points will go away but at 4 and a half points she is in trouble and 6 points she is fired. Please pray that she will get better and hopefully not accumulate 6 points and for her request to be approved. It seems like a cold that's going to be here to stay so please pray. Thank you very much for your prayers.

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
for your wife to start feeling better and keep an eye on her COVID can hit ant time with different symptoms. My daughter just got over it ... BE careful.

Yes my sister and two nieces just got over covid not too long ago. I was being careful when I talked to my sister Sunday. We also were at church unmasked (nobody in our church wears masks anymore not even the pharmacist that attemds) so we could have caught it from church. Anywhere really. But we will be careful.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your prayers guys.

Our thermometer stopped working so we went and bought a new one while picking up my meds. The new thermometer says her temp is 98 degrees.

She called in sick again tomorrow because her doctor said to stay out of work until at least 24 hours after her fever is gone and she feels better. She has Monday off and hopefully she will be better by Tuesday. God willing. I can't imagine how busy her coworkers are without her help. I almost feel sorry for them if I didn't feel so sorry for my wife being so sick.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
She went back to work this morning. She's working on getting the two points she earned erased. Meanwhile, I caught her cold and am sick. I started feeling sick yesterday morning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you both. And feeling annoyed that the employer doesn't provide proper sick leave.

Yeah they denied her sick leave yesterday she got 2 out of 6 points for being sick. Stupidest thing ever but she's never been late or anything so I'm assuming even if she did get 6 points they wouldn't automatically fire her.

Anyway were both mostly better now. I started feeling better the other day.

Upvote 0

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyway were both mostly better now. I started feeling better the other day.

Thankfully you two survived and are feeling better. Maybe you and her caught the flu? I caught it once and was really bad. Haven't skipped a flu shot since.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Thankfully you two survived and are feeling better. Maybe you and her caught the flu? I caught it once and was really bad. Haven't skipped a flu shot since.

She gets her flu shot every year I on the other hand have never gotten a flu shot. My doctor usually bugs me to get one but I never do. The only vaccinations I got were the bare minimum to stay in school over 20 years ago and the covid vaccine. I got the covid shot when it first came out and last year too I want to say?

I think Jenny and I just had a cold though. She tested negative for covid 3 times and I assumed since she was negative and I caught what she did that i wasn't sick with covid. I'll be returning to church next week though so I'm looking forward to that. I really missed my pastor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums