OSAS and re-baptism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by eldermike
Fellowships are not the church. That includes the COC, it's not the church either, it's a fellowship with a set of traditions and beliefs.

WE are the church. The vine has no sub branches, we are all grafted into the same vine. No one owns that vine. That vine is Jesus.

You can't go into a building, nor a fellowship and be with God, you must take Him in there with you and leave with Him. We are In Christ, Christ is in us.

Baptist, Methodist, whatever are a fellowship of His beleivers, not His church.

The new testament speaks of the churches of Christ, in verious places that Paul wrote the letters to, did he ever write a letter to a fellowship of Baptist, Methodist believers?  None of the letters Paul wrote would have nor could have been written to the fellowships you mentioned.  My point is this, these fellowships as you call them don't follow the teaching of the new testament, if they did, they would not be Baptist or Methodist, why?  because the new testament does not authorize none of them, they do not have God's approvel.  Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life no man comes to the Father but by me".  John 14:6 He never authorized these fellowships, and if he did not authorize them who did?  Now to you, it sounds like I'm not telling the truth, but if you compare all this with what the bible says, them you to will see the truth.  If Jesus had not said that he will build his church, I would have no problem with a Baptist or a Methodist or any other group!  But Jesus is coming back for his church, and it's not a man made body of believers, its all throughs who have obeyed the gospel of Jesus Christ, who have been buried with him in baptism,and raised to walk in newness of life.  Once again, do any of the fellowships from catholic to Jehovah's Witnesses have the approvel of the New testament?

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
Fellowships are not the church. That includes the COC, it's not the church either, it's a fellowship with a set of traditions and beliefs.

WE are the church. The vine has no sub branches, we are all grafted into the same vine. No one owns that vine. That vine is Jesus.

You can't go into a building, nor a fellowship and be with God, you must take Him in there with you and leave with Him. We are In Christ, Christ is in us.

Baptist, Methodist, whatever are a fellowship of His beleivers, not His church.

Thats right elder Mike 1 vine 1 body 1 church. But we must be in that 1 vine 1 body 1 church.  So I ask you how did you get into that 1 vine 1body 1church which is Chirsts body?  If you need a hint look in Gal 3:27, Rom 6:3-8 and 1 cort 12:13

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Azeotroper
Cougan and Bible is Right,

Would I be correct in stating that the Churches of Christ view all of Christendom (which obviously is a false Christendom to the Churches of Christ), except themselves, as being apostate much like the Mormons viewed all of Christendom up until the time of Joseph Smith? If so, who represented the remnant that Christ always preserves during the time of the early church until Alexander Campbell/Barton Stone finally restored the "true church"?

Go back and read my post #69 I answered this question there. I would also like to add that the Church of Christ did not begin with these men. The COC does it best to be the same church as described in the 1st century. We govern our worship based solely off the scriptures. We do not add or take things away for the conveince or entertainment for people. We we worship it is in spirit and truth. We are very concerned about doing those things that God has authorized and that please him rather than trying to look for ways to please men and entertain them. Its not a question of did I get anything out of worship or how did it make me feel, NO its how did it make God feel. Sometimes I think we lose site of this that worship is for God and not for entertaining me or stiring up my emotions. These guys that you mentioned here simply started comparing what the bible said to what was being practiced and taught. When they took an honest look at the word of God they came to realize that what the bible said and what was being practiced and taught were oppsite scales from one another. There were people before their time that practiced what the New Testament clearly teaches. So again read my post #69.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't have to convince Paul of one single thing.
I have never heard such a question in my life. I would go so far as to say that only a cult would ask such a question.

Just in case you have one neuron turned on upstairs I will offer you somehting to use it for. We are not saved by a denomination, we are not saved corporately, we are saved by the grace of God. There are no denominations in the body of Christ. all denominations are man made, including yours. All denominations have saved and lost members.

Sir, I now choose to shake off the dust, I am done with this.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What's funny is you can't find the Church of Christ in there at all either, because its not a greek word, so if you're going the route that your church teaches mr the bible is right, then you're not in the right church either. I was in the chruch of christ for awhile, I'm sure glad I got out, except for the preacher the whole place was pretty condemning on everyone but themselves and looked at me with distain when I said I was moving churches. Funny how that happens, and funny that's not at all how Christ or his true church works.

Upvote 0

Sean R. Sherman

Sep 24, 2002
✟7,650.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The body of Christ consists of all kinds of Denominations. They all have their part. One be weaker then the other in a certain area but as I confess also they ALL have a certain falt for we are but wretched Flesh. Therefore Love one another as he has loved you and let not there be any division among you for a time will come when you need you brothers and sisters and to lean not on them is a shame. For the spirit can sustain the infirmities of the Flesh but a broken Spirit who can bear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
I don't have to convince Paul of one single thing.
I have never heard such a question in my life. I would go so far as to say that only a cult would ask such a question.

Just in case you have one neuron turned on upstairs I will offer you somehting to use it for. We are not saved by a denomination, we are not saved corporately, we are saved by the grace of God. There are no denominations in the body of Christ. all denominations are man made, including yours. All denominations have saved and lost members.

Sir, I now choose to shake off the dust, I am done with this.

Elder Mike it truely is your choice to shake the dust off if you want. I was really hoping that you would reason from the scriptures. I have posted on a lot of scripture to validate what I have been proclaiming. How much scripture did you use to validate your views? Perhaps you think that I am unwilling to change my views. I can tell you if you show me from scripture that I a professing the wrong message I will change. If the word of God says its so who am I to stand agaist it. I can tell you Elder Mike I have studied the bible deeply and love doing so and it was throgh this all of this study that I have reached the conclusion that I have come to thus far. It is a real disapointment to me that people like yourself don't actually try and deal with the points and scriptures that I&nbsp; present.&nbsp; I can only assume that they can't be refuted because of the truth that they proclaim. I have presented my views in an easy to understand manner.&nbsp;I think you give up entirely to easy.&nbsp;I even agree with you that there are no denominations in the body of Christ because Christ is not divided. I even further agree that all denominations are man made. But, I tell you the Church of Christ or the body of Christ is not man made. It is built by Jesus and authorized by Jesus. The Church of Christ does not bear the name of a man or creed. We follow to the best of our abilty the word of God. We are non-denomination. We do not claim to be a denomiation. But the baptist, Methodist, etc do claim to be a denomination. Do you think that in the 1st centure that if someone came up to Paul and asked him what denomination he belonged to what do you think he would say? I think he would say what in the world are you talking about. There is only 1 church and I belong to Christ. Maybe he might say what he said in 1Cort 1:10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and <I>that </I>there be no <B>divisions </B>among you, but <I>that </I>you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

11 For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe's <I>household, </I>that there are contentions among you.

12 Now I say this, that each of you says, "I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Cephas," or "I am of Christ."

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

This is exactly what has happend today. We are not of one mind but we are divided. We say I am a baptist, I am Methodist, why can't we just say that I am a Christian and I belong to Christ. It seems to me that people in this thread want to quibble about this name or that name or trying to say that the COC thinks that they are the only one going to heaven. These are just rabbits for the chaseing to try and get off of the main topic that is being spoken of. I nor my brother Thebibleisright proclaimed that you have to be a member of the COC or else you are going to Hell. You guys made that statement and I clearly and plainly said that the&nbsp; COC does not belive such a thing nor teach such a thing. Again, since it does'nt seem to be getting through. What we do teach and proclaim is just like&nbsp;the bible proclaims if you are not in Christ you are not saved. Lets take a look at the following things that are found in Christ.

GRACE
2Tim 2:1 You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
This is where the free gift is located.

EVERY SPIRITUAL BLESSING
Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
&nbsp;Notice it says every spiritual blessing.

COMPLETE
Col 2:9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
&nbsp;10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
People sometimes say they are missing something in their lives but when we are in Jesus we are complete.

NEW CREATION
2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
If we are in Christ our slate has been wiped clean we become a new creature and we will live our life for Christ.

REDEMPTION AND FORGIVENESS OF SIN.
Eph 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
If we are in Christ we have been redeemed by his blood and have forgiveness of sins.

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
SALVATION
2 Tim 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

You can not be saved with out being in Christ.

ETERNAL LIFE
1 John 5:11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

Only those that are in Christ can have eternal life in heaven.

NO CONDEMNATION
Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

If you are in Christ at the day of judgment you will not be condemned to hell. If you are not in Christ then you will be condemned to hell where their will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

BLESSED IN DEATH
Rev 14: 13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write: 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.

Those that live faithful lives and are found in Christ when they die will surely be blessed because they will have all these things that are found in Christ. But those who die that are not in Christ are not blessed and will have all the things found outside of Christ.

Can you deny that we need to be IN CHRIST in order to be saved?

If I am wrong in this show me where I have made my mistake in using the word of God. Again, my question is simple. How does the bible say you get into Christ? I will provide you the hints once again. Gal 3:27, Rom 6:3-8 1Cor 12:13. Please someone deal with this question and I challenge you to find anyway into Christ death other than baptism. I am tired of chaseing rabbits folks so please show me your hand.

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Azeotroper
I'm sorry that I ever began this discouraging thread. :sigh:

Why are you sorry? Why is it discourgaing to you? I am encourgaged by your questions because it shows that you are wanting to learn why people such as myself hold certain views. You should rejoice that you got your question answered. Now you know what the COC teaches on the subject. You only have to be baptized once into christ. After that you just have to repent pray and confess your sins to God for them to be forgiven. Yes it is possible to fall from God and lose your salvation. I used mulitple verses to show this. Just read through the NT and you will see the writters warning christians time and time again to hold to the word of God least they be lead astray by a false doctrine and fall away from God. If it is not possible to fall away from God then why on earth do these writers warn over and over again that we can fall from God? I hope and pray that you will examine what I have presented in this thread and if you find it to be in error please point it out to me. The last thing I want to be guilty of is teaching Gods word in error.

God Bless you Azeotroper.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by cougan
Why are you sorry? Why is it discourgaing to you?

Maybe it's because you told him he is going to Hell. Not only him, but also his family and all of his ancestors. And your advice to me was to leave my husband and abandon my church. Real powerful witness, cougan.

Why don't you explain to everyone WHY the CoC baptizes IMMEDIATELY after someone comes forward to accept Christ? Isn't it because, the CoC teaches, the person will go to Hell if they walk out of the building and get killed before getting baptized?

According to your beliefs, cougan, everyone on this board is going to Hell, except for you and the other CoC's here. Because none of us have been baptized in the CoC. What a testimony.

Love casts out fear, cougan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by cougan
SALVATION
2 Tim 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

You can not be saved with out being in Christ.

ETERNAL LIFE
1 John 5:11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

Only those that are in Christ can have eternal life in heaven.

NO CONDEMNATION
Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

If you are in Christ at the day of judgment you will not be condemned to hell. If you are not in Christ then you will be condemned to hell where their will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

BLESSED IN DEATH
Rev 14: 13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write: 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.

Those that live faithful lives and are found in Christ when they die will surely be blessed because they will have all these things that are found in Christ. But those who die that are not in Christ are not blessed and will have all the things found outside of Christ.

Can you deny that we need to be IN CHRIST in order to be saved?

If I am wrong in this show me where I have made my mistake in using the word of God. Again, my question is simple. How does the bible say you get into Christ? I will provide you the hints once again. Gal 3:27, Rom 6:3-8 1Cor 12:13. Please someone deal with this question and I challenge you to find anyway into Christ death other than baptism. I am tired of chaseing rabbits folks so please show me your hand.

&nbsp;

Brother you have my hand, and I'm here to help you fight the good fight of faith.

If anyone can deal with the bible questions that have been asked here, please answer, God's word tell us to, "But sanictify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear. 1 Peter 3:15.&nbsp;&nbsp; Will anyone answer?

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um
Maybe it's because you told him he is going to Hell. Not only him, but also his family and all of his ancestors. And your advice to me was to leave my husband and abandon my church. Real powerful witness, cougan.

Why don't you explain to everyone WHY the CoC baptizes IMMEDIATELY after someone comes forward to accept Christ? Isn't it because, the CoC teaches, the person will go to Hell if they walk out of the building and get killed before getting baptized?

According to your beliefs, cougan, everyone on this board is going to Hell, except for you and the other CoC's here. Because none of us have been baptized in the CoC. What a testimony.

It's all about LOVE, love for the souls of men and women everywhere.&nbsp; Love for the truth of God's word, none of the things spoken is done in malice or ill will, John 6:60 when Jesus was teaching the truth, how did the disciples respond?&nbsp; "Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this said, This is a hard saying; who can hear it?&nbsp; But we want all to know we love all of you with godly love, and I know many people who have come out of man made denominations and are now in the body of Christ, because they understood the truth and obeyed it, and no longer fight with or against God.&nbsp; So who is on the Lord's side?

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um

Auntie all I have done proclaimed what the bible teaches. These are not my words and I myself have not condemend anyone to Hell. The bible is very clear on how someone gets into Christ and has their sins washed away. I don't like the fact that a lot of good people have been lost because this simple easy to understand plan of salvation has been ignored. This verse comes to mind.

Romans 10:2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.

Please Auntie deal with what I presented in this thread. It is east to point your finger at me and accuse me of stuff. I tell you all these things out of love. If I did not love you I would simply be silent. I can not do this. I have to proclaim what the word of God says because God wants everyone to be saved. If I am wrong in what I am teaching point it out to me. I wish your view of belief only were true. You have to get beyond what your past family members did and start thinking about you. Yes its sad to think of your loved ones that have passed away as being lost, but dont let that hold you back from accepting the truth no matter how hard that might be. Tradition of men is a hard thing to break and just because 5 generations have had the same tradition doesnt make it right.

The reason why we baptize immeditely after someone accepts Christ is because that is EXACTLY WHAT WAS DONE IN THE BIBLE. You might ask yourself the question. Why were the people that were converted in the NT in such a hurry to get baptized? Could it possible be because it was a&nbsp;necessary part of salvation?

Oh I always love the what if questions. Come here little rabbit. :) I will answer your what if question this way. You can come up with all kinds of very rare instances but, lets say just for a min that God saw their heart and new that they on their way to be baptized. Were they saved? Well, that is up to God to decide and not for me make that decision. But, lets say in these very rare instances that they were saved. What does it have to do with you? Are you in this delma? Are you on your way to be baptized into Christ? Is there something keeping you from being baptized into Christ?

Now let me ask you a what if question. What if there was a preacher that was&nbsp; going to knock on a mans door that would of accepted Jesus as his savior. But when the preacher knocks on the door the man is upstairs and on his way to answer the door he trips down the stairs and breaks his neck and dies. Would he be saved?

Finally Auntie. I want you hear me this time. We do not baptize someone into the COC. When someone is baptized they are being baptized into Christ and added to the body by God. I guess I will have to say this till I am blue in the face. We do not teach that you have to be a member of a church that is called COC to be saved. We teach that you have to baptized into Christ in order to be saved just like the bible teaches. I have clearly stated this about 3 times now yet you want to keep accusing me otherwize. Why do you do that? There are several names that are refered to in the NT. The FirstBorn, Church of God, Church, Church of Christ- these are just some of the differing names found in the NT. I am not hung up on some name on the outside of a building where the church meets to worship God. I am more concerned about what the body of belivers do and teach. This is the true test to see if these members are truely part of Christ Body. Jesus is the cornerstone of the church and the apostles and prophets built upon that stone. As we build up on that foundation it must be of the same type of the same doctrine.

1Cor 3:10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.

11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To Cougan and The Bible is Right,

The goal of Christian Forums.com is to bring Unity to all Catholic and Protestant Christians.

You do not consider the Christian members of this site as your brothers and sisters in Christ. You consider ALL of us as outside of the Body of Christ, and doomed for Hell.

As you have separated yourself from us in spirit, and you do not consider us your brothers and sisters in Christ, you are at odds with the very purpose of this site and are not in fellowship with us.

I am closing this thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.