✟7,966.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
morningstar2651 said:
I can't speak for RenewingMyMind, but he mentioned Rebecca Brown's books (published by Chick Publications). Here is information about the books and investigation of them by three pastors. I believe I recall mention of rock music in Jack Chick's tracts as well as Rebecca's books.

Jack Chick is an asshat. He doesnt like Catholics.

Upvote 0

Opethian

Big Member
Jan 2, 2006
Molenstede
Visit site
✟16,350.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So you hate me because I don't tell you what you want to hear and because I rebuke your hypocrisy. Being that your 15 explains alot and you haven't lived much in life and your still a kiddie. Your posts and responses are typical of a kid who doesn't know anything.

Are you sure you're not a troll?
If you're not, I think you are the very definition of irony.

Upvote 0

Idicious

Nov 14, 2004
The Netherlands
✟8,515.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
RenewingMyMind said:
Its not the notes, its the lyrics. It isn't about God convicting me of the songs personally, heavy metal is satanic and participation in it as a Christian is hypocrisy.

Proverbs 27:6

Wounds from a friend can be trusted,
but an enemy multiplies kisses.

Sometimes brothers and sisters in Christ have to give you unpleasant adivice at times but you know its for your own good. An enemy may tell you what you want to hear and whisper kisses at you and send you on your way to ruin. We tend to hear what we want to hear, even if the enemy is the only onw who will say it. A friends adevice, no matter how painful, is much better.

You will get it one day, and pray its today. :)

Wow, you're on a crusade aren't you take down heavy metal, name a musical genre besides worship (though I could probebly even find a way to shoot that down if I worked hard enough) that you listen to and I can shoot it right down like you are doing now by using the same versus you are. Fill in instead of metal pop, clasical, rap, jazz, softrock (worship), rock, instrumental, whatever in in your arguments and with the way you're going we can through all our music collections out the window (or burn as many christians seem to be a fan of)
You have still in every single post failed to point out WHY heavy metal or any other type of music for that matter in itself as a musical genre can be/is satanic, Now please, when you quote this, ANSWER THAT QUESTION PLEASE, BIBLICLY. And don't give me the you can't server two lords stuff either, that verse can not be used to say a certain type of music in itself is wrong, because for the very fact of being music can not be wrong in itself.
What you're saying is that every fiction book in history is satanic, that every painting painted by a secular artist is satanic, that every word spoken by a non believer, or by a believer not directly glorifying christ is satanic.
God gave us minds and creativity, he gave us the talents we have, when we use that it honers him in itself (if nature itself for simply being there glorifies God, how much more using the gifts God gave us in a creative and fascinating way. When I listen to heavy metal I apreceate the talent that God has put in those artists, I even pray for those artists at times, but I admire the beautiful things they make with the talent that God gave them. No matter how hard they want to deny it, they are using the talents and gifts God gave them, and they are helping people with it (what? people can actually be positively influenced by secular lyrics???? No, it can not be :help: )

Further more about the lyrics, I provided links to great and inspiring lyrics, Antestor's lyrics could have been taken right out of hymnals (they are a christian metal band yes), same with Narnia. God has given us emotions, now wether we like it or not we are human and all experience the broad range of emotions, some vent it through taking it out on others, others through music. But it can help others just as much as it helps the person who writes the music, it's a vesel, in any form for emotions (as are paintings and other arts) showing human experience and expression, christian and non christian alike.

So, stop being a hypcrite, cease with speaking to non believers, cease with reading any fictional books, cease looking at art if you do, burn ANY music you have other then ones directly praising the lord in lyrics. When you've done all these things come back here and then we can talk, because I'll be able to take you serious then.

PS. Stop bringing bible verses out of context, at least come with something that has to do in way or relate to the subject at hand (like Romans 14 where it actually is talking about subjects like these like in music/art/food etc that the bible does not have strict written laws on that everyone should go by what the feel God is convicting them off in those areas and not the force eachothers views on eachother but respect eachother in it even if you disagree. Wow, ever wonder why there are so many splittings in the church and we make ourselves look like fools and idiots so often to everyone around us? Many 'pagans' as you say have acted more christian than many christians have.)

PSS. Fixed the links to the lyrics and added 2 new links there.

Reactions: The Theory
Upvote 0

jasperbound

The Fragile Incarnate
May 20, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
✟4,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
RenewingMyMind said:
Who's approval are you seeking, others or God's ?

God's, not yours. :)

(P.S. Do you agree that King David was a dirty rotten sinner who belongs in Hell for worshipping the devil by supporting loud wild music?)

Upvote 0

Opethian

Big Member
Jan 2, 2006
Molenstede
Visit site
✟16,350.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Mikael Akerfeldt and Opeth have sold out!!!
Their next album will be a rap album...
:cry: :cry: :cry:
here is proof:

akerfeldtgangsta6sw.jpg

Reactions: The Theory
Upvote 0

mangedrabbit

Jan 17, 2006
✟7,625.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not all metal is satan worship. Dream Theater's "Glass Prison" is a story about their drummer being saved from alcoholism by Christ.

These are from "The Grand Conjuration" by Opeth from their album Ghost Reveries.

Whispered conjuration
A belief takes form
Choking hand tapping
The veins in your throat

and

Tell my why
Love subsides
In the light
Of your wishes

It seems to me that this song, which mentions Satan, is about how he makes somebody a PUPPET and not Satan worship. Either way, these guys are insanely talented and you should give them a listen before you talk your trash. This band has concerned me before I read some lyrics. I was worried about them being satanic and that I liked them. If you want to bash a satanic band, bash Dimmu Borgir.

Also, Damnation is not a good representation of Opeth. They're usually very hard. Pardon me if I repeated anything anyone has already said. I didn't want to read through a billion pages : )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Theory

Bagpipes well could he blow.
May 23, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Visit site
✟2,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have enjoyed reading this conversation as I enjoy metal, but don't really have the desire anymore to debate this sort of thing. However, I did wish to make a comment about this...

RenewingMyMind said:
So you hate me because I don't tell you what you want to hear and because I rebuke your hypocrisy. Being that your 15 explains alot and you haven't lived much in life and your still a kiddie. Your posts and responses are typical of a kid who doesn't know anything.
For as much as you like to quote the Bible about things I find this a very ridiculous statement. There isn't a place in the Bible that I can think of where it states that you have to be a certain age to know the truth and speak it. However, there are various places in the Bible where either children are used (David & the goliath for instance) or put on an equal level as "adults" ("and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams." Acts 2:17).

Really, belittling someone because they are young is one of the most cowardly things I've seen on this board. Especially in the arrogant manner with which you present yourself and that statement.

Upvote 0

Chrome

It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟9,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Macewindu77815 said:
Idicious, what kind of metal is Narnia? They sound very interesting. Sorry if I'm a little off-topic but I think this is more on topic than the drivel thats been spewed over this thread...

i know you asking idicious, but well, i don't know either but here's a suggestion, i know Narnia is under the Nuclear Blast label and i think they have samples from every band under their label at the website. You should check it out.

at least, i think i was nuclear blast that has the samples...or was is Century Media? Either way, i'd do a search via Pandora.com (thanks Cygnus!), allmusic, or last.fm to find samples and similar bands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Theory

Bagpipes well could he blow.
May 23, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Visit site
✟2,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i always had them metally labeled as being a prog metal ala Dream Theater or something like that... perhaps with a bit more hair influence...

I am totally opening to being wrong though since I've never had enough interest to listen to them.

Which automatically makes my opinion moot.

Upvote 0

Idicious

Nov 14, 2004
The Netherlands
✟8,515.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hmm, I'd say Narnia is somewhere between heavy and powermetal. I own one album by them (Long live the king) and it's good stuff :)

According to metal archives there music style is Power and Neo-classical metal. But give them a listen yeah like Kimil sudgested at the Nuclear Blast site.

Upvote 0

Idicious

Nov 14, 2004
The Netherlands
✟8,515.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know what RenewingMyMind? I'm convinced, it wasn't you, I went googling and came across this site:

http://www.mindspring.com/~brucec/drums.htm

I'm suddenly now convinced that all music that include drums are satanic, truely. The evil african tribal beats that are present in worship are really just summoning up demons, even in our most sacred places.

Now you go fight it out with him if you disagree with him, because he'll use the same scripture you were just using.

:help:

Upvote 0