Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
1. I didn't say bad governors like Cuomo and Whitmer sent Chinese Coronavirus patients into nursing homes TO kill all of the nursing home patients. I said that was a byproduct of their bad policy.

2. There is nothing racist about noting where a virus was discovered. It's a long standing practice as evidenced by the following disease names: German measels, Ebola, West Nile virus, Hong Kong flu, Asian flu, Zika virus, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome etc. Calling the current virus Wuhan Coronavirus or Chinese Coronavirus merely denotes where the virus originates. If you think that's racist, you're the one with a problem not me.
Calling it The China virus has led to Asian Americans getting assaulted. Please do not pretend you're unaware of this because it's on the news on a regular basis and I know a few people who've been beat up. One guy who works with my brother who's Japanese by the way got beat up because of it. When people call it the China virus they're not talking about where the virus originated at they're doing it saying it's the fault of China

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Please do not pretend you're unaware of this because it's on the news on a regular basis and I know a few people who've been beat up. One guy who works with my brother who's Japanese by the way got beat up because of it.
What kind of warped people go around beating up people for no reason?

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have an American friend married to a woman of Chinese heritage. Interestingly, she was born and raised in Australia. She speaks with an Australian accent but her appearance is unmistakably Chinese. Since the pandemic outbreak she has been accosted and screamed at on the streets of the U.S. for the virus. Now she and her husband are thinking of leaving the country because they do not feel safe for her here. That's not the kind of country I want to live in. A little sensitive to others' feeling couldn't hurt.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yet there are some he has reserved for himself, (as in his reply to Elijah in ! Kings 19.)

But this country was not founded on these things, but has become them, at least on the surface.
With all the plastic surgery, is there any depth? I find so many to be shallow these days and I am not judging- merely observing.

Upvote 0

MyLifeForChrist

Mar 14, 2020
Midwest
✟20,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have an American friend married to a woman of Chinese heritage. Interestingly, she was born and raised in Australia. She speaks with an Australian accent but her appearance is unmistakably Chinese. Since the pandemic outbreak she has been accosted and screamed at on the streets of the U.S. for the virus. Now she and her husband are thinking of leaving the country because they do not feel safe for her here. That's not the kind of country I want to live in. A little sensitive to others' feeling couldn't hurt.

If she "doesn't feel safe" and America is "not the kind of country that (you) want to live in"... there are plenty of folks up here on this God blessed nation's free speech Christian forum who will help all three of you pack.
By the way, where exactly *is* this 'land of milk and honey' which is so much better than the nation who is currently preventing the rest of the world from immediately being taken over by Godless dictators somehow just itching to make you all feel "safe" again???...Hmmm???

When somebody who is privileged to live in the United States claims: "..that is not the kind of country I want to live in!"
I'm sorry but it is incumbent on SOMEBODY up here to immediately show him the door.
God Bless America.

• Agree
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't feel safe in some places
OP has the right problem but an inadequate assessment of it. My mother is 100 years old and in a long term care facility. They shut down in March 2020 to outsiders. I have not been able to see her since. Her facility has seen 16 Covid-19 deaths and 48 COVID-19 recoveries. My mother was one of the lucky ones that survived COVID-19, and at the age of 100 mind you. Her roommate died. The lady across the hall died.
  • COVID did not enter her facility through .gov ordering COVID-19 patients to be dumped there.
  • It did not enter the facility from family members visiting because we couldn't.
  • It entered the facility because of what employees were doing or not doing in their off-duty time and then coming to work and contaminating their patients. That's the facts of it.
I run an inpatient mental health facility. Our patients were COVID-19 free March until November after a staff brought it to our house. It's pretty tough for a facility with a few hundred staff members to ensure that away from work they are wearing masks, avoiding large gatherings, physically distancing, having good hand hygiene, etc. You can be contagious before you have symptoms and then you go to work. That's the facts of it.

John Hopkins put out some interesting info about covid deaths

A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19

• Winner
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"... there are plenty of folks up here on this God blessed nation's free speech Christian forum who will help all three of you pack...When somebody who is privileged to live in the United States claims: "..that is not the kind of country I want to live in!"

You used the word "privileged," and I think your privilege is showing. I am guessing you feel pretty safe that you can walk the streets without being approached by strangers, yelled at, called names, and blamed for killing millions of people by making a designer virus in a lab to take over the world? This couple both have lived and worked internationally so they have a pretty good bank of knowledge about what living other places in the world is like. To answer your question, Australia and New Zealand are on their list.

As for me, this is my country. I'm not going anywhere, and people who say "If you don't like it just leave" flat annoy me. The alternative is to stay, speak out what you don't like, and try to change it.

I have never signed on to American Exceptionalism thinking - that we are the greatest country on earth, somehow ordained by God to be blessed and special among all others. That's bunk. True, there is a lot good about this country. Also, true is that there is bad, too. We should try to change the bad we don't want to live with. Standing silent is not the way to do it. I won't. Neither is packing. I won't.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Calling it The China virus has led to Asian Americans getting assaulted. Please do not pretend you're unaware of this because it's on the news on a regular basis and I know a few people who've been beat up. One guy who works with my brother who's Japanese by the way got beat up because of it. When people call it the China virus they're not talking about where the virus originated at they're doing it saying it's the fault of China
I pay attention to the news and I haven’t heard about this sort of thing at all. Trump, who calls this the China virus, got a majority of Asian-American votes, so I rather suspect your claims of racism and violence are overblown.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Online.Gamer.79

Aug 13, 2020
Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I pay attention to the news and I haven’t heard about this sort of thing at all. Trump, who calls this the China virus, got a majority of Asian-American votes, so I rather suspect your claims of racism and violence are overblown.
Of course I can only speak of my neighborhood, they do not represent the whole country.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sadly such information has no place in the government's politically charged responses to the pandemic.

They found no excess deaths yet they keep pushing the narrative. You know darn good and well the government has this information. I wonder what there plan is?

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They found no excess deaths yet they keep pushing the narrative. You know darn good and well the government has this information. I wonder what there plan is?

ummm....there has been hundreds of thousands of excess deaths for this year.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

"Don't let a good crisis go to waste" perhaps?

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not according to the data. The percentage has stayed the same since 2018. No more no less. The cdc and now John Hopkins says the same. If we are going to prop up the experts as being the ones to listen to then we should actually listen.

A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19

Nice try using a debunked by it's own owners link. You want to be taken seriously use a real one, the actual facts has been posted MULTIPLE times and you can see how many have died in excess this year.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice try using a debunked by it's own owners link. You want to be taken seriously use a real one, the actual facts has been posted MULTIPLE times and you can see how many have died in excess this year.

I hadn't seen that before I posted. I don't know about everyone else but I see all this information as being a problem. Since the day the article came out about the KY catholic kids I have had a hard time trusting any articles.

Upvote 0