Nothing lewd found at Florida drag show, undercover agents confirm.

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since I am one of the mouths I don't believe you. The views you expressed do not represent me or anyone I know.
Info can be found on LGBTQQIP2SAA+ websites. There's documentaries and interviews on YouTube.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,013.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Perhaps you guys use a different ratings system across the pond (or have different rules surrounding them)

Here in the US, both movies were rated R
View attachment 329298

So parents could've legally taken their kids to either movie. (and likely gotten some puzzled looks from other movie goers)
I mean no disrespect but the American movie rating system is one of the most assinine rating systems i've ever seen.

Blood spatter; violence; gore; death; dismemberment ---> pg-13

A single female nipple: R

I'm sorry but that's a joke; that's not a balanced way to look at what is appropriate for teenagers.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I mean no disrespect but the American movie rating system is one of the most assinine rating systems i've ever seen.

Blood spatter; violence; gore; death; dismemberment ---> pg-13

A single female nipple: R

I'm sorry but that's a joke; that's not a balanced way to look at what is appropriate for teenagers.
I can't say I've ever seen much "gore" in a PG-13 movie (all of those Tarantino-styles movies usually pick up the R-rating)

And I've seen nipples in PG-13 movies (like Titanic).

Although, the Canadian ratings system doesn't appear to differ a whole lot.

In looking it up, 50 shades was rated 18a up there
1679671267153.png

Which is similar to our R, with just a 1-year difference, but based on the description, both would allow a parent to take their kid to see it.

While the movie rating system certain has it's flaws (we'd agree on that...I think the fixation on "bad words" over actual violence is backwards), I was just using it as a basis of comparison since it comparing two forms of entertainment.

One could argue that people have some ideologically driven "blind spots" when it comes to entertainment.

For instance, people who would see Nikki Minaj and Megan Thee Stallion music as "no big deal" (despite the themes skewing to the adult end of the spectrum) are many of the same people who find reasons to be upset about the PG satire found on the Babylon Bee.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You're conflating a bunch of different issues and assuming that everything that is under the label "trans" is in agreement. Some of those notions are mutually incoherent (if there's no such thing as male or female, then there are no men or women to become pregnant).
More like throwing out a list of talk radio talking points and right wing memes instead of trying to have an actual discussion.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,013.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I can't say I've ever seen much "gore" in a PG-13 movie (all of those Tarantino-styles movies usually pick up the R-rating)
We can scoff but the Marvel movies and more than a few other action movies have it; though certainly not the Tarantino style movies.

And I've seen nipples in PG-13 movies (like Titanic).

Although, the Canadian ratings system doesn't appear to differ a whole lot.

In looking it up, 50 shades was rated 18a up there
View attachment 329335

Which is similar to our R, with just a 1-year difference, but based on the description, both would allow a parent to take their kid to see it.
I understand. I WOULD say, in regards to the Titanic that 1997 is 26 years ago and a very different cultural climate. Are there any more recent examples?

While the movie rating system certain has it's flaws (we'd agree on that...I think the fixation on "bad words" over actual violence is backwards), I was just using it as a basis of comparison since it comparing two forms of entertainment.

One could argue that people have some ideologically driven "blind spots" when it comes to entertainment.

For instance, people who would see Nikki Minaj and Megan Thee Stallion music as "no big deal" (despite the themes skewing to the adult end of the spectrum) are many of the same people who find reasons to be upset about the PG satire found on the Babylon Bee.
UG...I found all that WAP stuff insufferable but I understand your point and, while I don't know how prevelant or common it is, I do agree there would be overlap there.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,913.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Seems as if the panic about drag shows may by slightly overblown.

Who knew that entertainment was just entertainment? Well, DeSantis’ goons now, it seems.
Hmmm. Any show with "screwdolph" is at least 15 rated. Seriously bikinis and jokes about screwing, 'lewd' is the word for it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I think perhaps the pattern of escalation is getting lost on some folks.

For that, I think the conservative side takes a good chunk of the blame for "crying wolf" too early. (which caused everyone to rush their battle stations, "pick a side", and dig in)

The original event that started the whole drag show debate was an isolated event at a library with a drag queen reading cat in the hat. I even said at that point that conservatives were making a mountain out of a mole hill. Which is why, if you look at my postings on this subject pre-2020, they were very different and I was on the side of the drag performers

Examples:

I was still even on that side when the book selections shifted from "Cat in the hat" to some books promoting tolerance. I was still okay with innocent enough book selections like "hey, another kid in class may have a mom who's married to another woman instead of a man, and that's no reason to treat them badly, they're people like you and me"

However, by that point time, the debate had already been framed in the context of
Support of the drag performances = "LGBT inclusion"
Any objection to it = "Conservative pearl clutching, nothing to it, just dismiss it as them overreacting"

The framing of the debate has stayed the same, despite the fact that the content and circumstances have changed, so the aforementioned pattern of escalation has been ignored or swept under the rug

It went
1) Drag performers reading common staple children's books to kids
2) Drag performers reading newer books that promote tolerance
3) Drag performers reading activism books that encourage 10 year olds to "explore their gender fluidity"
4) Screwdolph The Red Nippled Man-Deer with oiled dudes grinding up on another guy wearing a busty reindeer costume in a tax payer funded venue.

Some folks are still referring to it as if we're talking about #1, when #4 is something very different. People being uncomfortable #4 shouldn't be viewed as the same kind of "pearl clutching" that was happening with #1.

And the advocacy side of this debate isn't necessarily winning any new converts by basically making (what was originally thought of) "the other side's slippery slope fallacy" become a reality.

Many different concerns are being lumped together (I would argue, intentionally in some cases) into various tribal identities that people feel now they must defend, and they can't see the issues in isolation from that.

Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,913.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Not according to the Agents of DeSantis.
Not obscene , according to legal definition. No argument but definitely unsuitable for minors. Would you take minors to a show with woman in bikinis, joking about screwing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Not obscene , according to legal definition. No argument but definitely unsuitable for minors. Would you take minors to a show with woman in bikinis, joking about screwing?
Probably. If the jokes were funny.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Info can be found on LGBTQQIP2SAA+ websites. There's documentaries and interviews on YouTube.
Yet none of those seem to jibe with what you claim. Is it really so hard to conceive that you can not fairly represent those you do not understand?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet none of those seem to jibe with what you claim. Is it really so hard to conceive that you can not fairly represent those you do not understand?
I'm not representing anyone. I'm commenting on something based on what I've learned about it.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not representing anyone. I'm commenting on something based on what I've learned about it.
You are relaying your understanding of the opinions they express. I'm simply trying to point out that I don't think your understanding is correct and as such, your response does nothing to address their actual positions.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"minors at the Orlando drag show"

I knew this was going to involve kids. Kids and Trans are going together like bread and butter these days.

There's a difference between lude and enticing. Seems obvious there's a lot of folks who really want kids drawn into the whole gender bending mix up for whatever reason. There's no such thing as boy and girl or it can't be defined, there's multiple genders, men can get pregnant, women can impregnate other women etc etc. The whole wide wonderful growing world of Trans. And most sadly of all it's mostly out of wanting to stick it to a political party. Kids being all mixed up over redefined gender, is really going to gall those republicans ha ha.
We are our environment in part. Exposure to mindsets is extremely important in our development as adolescents. I was not exposed to the idea of sex and sexuality until the 5th grade. From that point on it was a factor. Not until then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are relaying your understanding of the opinions they express. I'm simply trying to point out that I don't think your understanding is correct and as such, your response does nothing to address their actual positions.
Where did I state anyone else's opinion?

I wouldn't expect you to agree with anything I have to say about it, anymore than I'd expect a Mormon to agree with what I've to say about Mormonism.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
We are our environment in part. Exposure to mindsets is extremely important in our development as adolescents. I was not exposed to the idea of sex and sexuality until the 5th grade. From that point on it was a factor. Not until then.
I wasn't either. It was actually my dad who was the one that gave me my first bit of sex ed. I mean I liked girls and all and thought it would be great to hold their hand or kiss them. But I wasn't like all sexual or anything. I was more interested in just hanging around them. I also was far more interested in sports and knights, army stuff, matchbox cars, climbing trees and swimming in the lake. Dad gave me the sex Ed when I was eleven.

I did the same for my kids.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,078.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What many people don't realize is that the research shows that a large % of men dressing up as women is associated with Autogynephilia where men derive sexual pleasure at dressing up and seeing themselves as females. Saying that there is not a sexual aspect to Drag Queen story time is unreal. So there is a sexual element being introduced and this is not good for children.

But I also think its a bit of a trojan horse for society that is allowing sexualized men access that if applied to anyone else would not be allowed under the banner of gender and transgender ideology when it has nothing to do with this but rather is about sex.

Because society has been encouraged to welcome and even encourage this ideology because its a Nobel cause and because the entire issue of LGBTIQ+ is so confusing and even contradictory people just go along thinking its all about equality and inclusion. Its blurred the line of what is real and unreal.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
What many people don't realize is that the research shows that a large % of men dressing up as women is associated with Autogynephilia where men derive sexual pleasure at dressing up and seeing themselves as females.
So how does that have a detrimental effect on kids? What do you think is going to happen?

LGBTIQ+ is so confusing and even contradictory
Which part is confusing or contradictory?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Where did I state anyone else's opinion?
Not their opinion, their views. Their views on subjects sech as transgenderism and homosexuality.

I wouldn't expect you to agree with anything I have to say about it, anymore than I'd expect a Mormon to agree with what I've to say about Mormonism.
If I made statements about how you view Christianity would you expect me to listen if you tell me they are not representative of your beliefs?

Upvote 0