SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The more that I've read about the shooter (I will not post it here), the sadder it becomes. He is a product of angry alt-right Internet culture, ranting about the invasion of Europe and seeing himself as a combatant. When I see comments about "invasions," I'm reminded that I have seen such comments here and it's frightening.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if the sources I've been reading online are to be believed the guy released a Manifesto and planned this attack out well in advance. If the manifesto is legitimate he did it because he views the Muslims in Europe and western countries as invaders. There's a clear white nationalist belief running throughout the manifesto which he uses as the main reason for his shooting this mosque. He apparently isn't a New Zealander and has been here for a short time and attacked with an Automatic weapon.

My personal opinions are mixed. I didn't expect this to happen today in New Zealand of all places and I can only imagine what the fallout will be. I hope we find him, capture him and reinstate the death penalty.
Sadly polotics will take this and use it to increase security and remove freedoms.they do it all overvthe world on the back of tradgedies.
Its not terrorists its isolated white supremacists .

Its absolutly shocking
40 dead
Friends of friends missing..waiting to hear.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Sadly polotics will take this and use it to increase security and remove freedoms.they do it all overvthe world on the back of tradgedies.
Its not terrorists its isolated white supremacists .

Its absolutly shocking
40 dead
49 dead now.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Consider your first statement.
In my first statement I was referring to the Muslim people who usually just go about their business and worship their God with probably more devotion than a lot of "Sunday" Christians.

My second statement refers to those evil, unrepentant, demon inspired reprobates who have already rejected Jesus and who are dead men walking.

Just be thankful it didn't happen in your city and to your family. Have a thought and a prayer for the many families who have lost their loved ones, and the young children, as young as 5 years old, lying in hospital with gunshot wounds.

There by the grace of God go any one of us.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The apostle paul persecuted the church.
This is not the thread for religious debate. Have respect for the 49 dead, and 48 wounded Muslim New Zealanders and their families at this time.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is not the thread for religious debate. Have respect for the 49 dead, and 48 wounded Muslim New Zealanders and their families at this time.
Its not disrespectful to disagree with your call for these peoples deaths. But im moving on.

• Agree
Reactions: A Gerbil
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eight Foot Manchild

His Supreme Holy Correctfulness
Sep 9, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
✟147,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The more that I've read about the shooter (I will not post it here), the sadder it becomes. He is a product of angry alt-right Internet culture, ranting about the invasion of Europe and seeing himself as a combatant. When I see comments about "invasions," I'm reminded that I have seen such comments here and it's frightening.

Yet another of the alt-right troglodytes who live their life on message boards and comment sections. Garbage, loser people with a garbage, loser worldview, emboldened by garbage, loser world leaders, and garbage, loser 'intellectual' racists online. That's the new face of terrorism.

• Agree
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My error.
One commentator said that the NZ SIS concentrated their security measures on Muslim extremists and the police thought that white supremacists were "clowns", but now the events have proved otherwise and our security intelligence services have to do a lot of re-thinking.

The Australian Prime Minister has indicated that they will be taking a more serious look at white supremacism in Austalia, and I think that Mr Trump and his advisers will be viewing what happened here very closely and thinking about what they can do to prevent white supremacists and neo-Nazis doing the same in the United States.
Donald Trump isn’t going to do anything about white supremecists and Neo Nazis in the U.S. They are his supporters and when nazis marched through the streets chanting “Jews will not replace us” he said that some of them were “ good people.”

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It is thought that the shooter could be Australian. If so, he should be deported to Australia and sent to the detention centre on Nauru Island to rot there for the rest of his life.
I understand one of them WAS Australian. You should feel free to dispense some long gaol time before sending back to us - a life-long stint in Nauru is unlikely but none the less a good idea.

Upvote 0