Pennsylvania
✟792,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Then it doesn't fit that we are chosen unto salvation, salvation in the sanctification of the Holy Spirit.
Notice I said, "At least that". It is much more than just that.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
judaism was a false system for the most part.
I think this is an extreme view. The Jewish system wasn't false per se, just insufficient to save mankind. There's a difference between lies (which are false) and incomplete truth. The latter is what the Jewish system was - incomplete truth that pointed to Christ as its completion in the future.

Other than this phrase, I actually like the analysis you have presented in your post. It's good thinking to think of Ruth and Rahab and Gentiles who were saved back in the Old Testament in response to that question.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
linux

I think this is an extreme view. The Jewish system wasn't false per se, just insufficient to save mankind. There's a difference between lies (which are false) and incomplete truth. The latter is what the Jewish system was - incomplete truth that pointed to Christ as its completion in the future.

But was that judaism ? Now the Law to the elect jew under the OC was looking to Christ to come, for instance jews like simeon Lk 2:25

And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

But such men understood the mosaic law wasn't given for salvation, however most of the jews and their religious leaders had adopted a view that the law was given for people to keep as a means to salvation, that was Judaism, all the true children of God like mostly the True prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah and so forth, condemned the religion of the jews, thats why they suffered persecution.

Upvote 0