Ohio
✟8,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello. I'm in an online community where we pretty much just chat about video games. (I mostly read other people's stuff and somewhat rarely ever speak myself) I definitely like the people in it, and, of course, I want to see them in Heaven! So, I'd love to share my faith with them, but the rules don't allow anyone to discuss religion or politics. How do I share my faith? When I do talk, I try to make sure I'm standing out from any non-Christians (not swearing, etc.), but I'm sure this probably isn't enough to completely get Christianity across to them.

I may be wrong on this, but I feel that breaking the rules, and just telling them about Christianity anyway would put them off, make them think "Man! Those Christians have NO boundaries or respect for my rules."

So, for now, I've been praying to God to move their hearts toward Christianity, but I feel like more could be done.

Bottom line is, there's a group of people that need God, and I'm not allowed to talk about religion to them. What do I do? Is praying and trying to make myself distinct, and kinder than them enough? Thanks for any responses.

Update!
Was able to get in contact with the owner of the community and shared the Bible. He was really nice about it, but wasn't willing to become a Christian (yet). I'll be praying for him that he'll change his mind.

Last edited:

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello. I'm in an online community where we pretty much just chat about video games. (I mostly read other people's stuff and somewhat rarely ever speak myself) I definitely like the people in it, and, of course, I want to see them in Heaven! So, I'd love to share my faith with them, but the rules don't allow anyone to discuss religion or politics. How do I share my faith? When I do talk, I try to make sure I'm standing out from any non-Christians (not swearing, etc.), but I'm sure this probably isn't enough to completely get Christianity across to them.

I believe you are doing enough.....When others see your light they will glorify the Father......if the light is His.

I may be wrong on this, but I feel that breaking the rules, and just telling them about Christianity anyway would put them off, make them think "Man! Those Christians have NO boundaries or respect for my rules."

Yes, knowingly breaking rules is not a characteristic of one who has the light.... This site demands that its rules be followed....If we desire our rules to be respected and followed, we must do the same for others.....

So, for now, I've been praying to God to move their hearts toward Christianity, but I feel like more could be done.

The prayers of the righteous availeths much.......I would have more faith in the power of prayer.

Bottom line is, there's a group of people that need God, and I'm not allowed to talk about religion to them. What do I do? Is praying and trying to make myself distinct, and kinder than them enough? Thanks for any responses.

I believe it is enough...and if more is need,,, more opportunity will be given....

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

What purpose would be served by breaking the rules?

And I'm sure your one post would lead to millions of conversions, right?

Obviously, if you really want to share your faith, go to another venue, either live or virtual.

BTW, St. Paul was not above using salty language himself.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What you can do besides prayers is to get more friendly with folks there, if they can trust you enough to give you their emails or other correspondence details, you can use these to send Christian tracts, biblical verses and also minister to them. God bless

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Update!
Was able to get in contact with the owner of the community and shared the Bible. He was really nice about it, but wasn't willing to become a Christian (yet). I'll be praying for him that he'll change his mind.

If you regularly contribute to the conversation about games.
You could start to comment on the morality of the games you play.
I.e. Does the violence in many games desensitise the users to the idea of violence.
Do your research so you have the scientific arguments to back yp what you say.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many , non-religious ways to talk about God.... God is in everything.
One day while playing say: "Isnt is great how we can put a seed in the ground and some invisible power just transforms it into a tree?" "Yet the seed knew it was a tree, but knew not when the transformation would take place"

After they are done laughing at you....you would have planted a seed of your own.....transformation time is own only by the one who transforms.....

Upvote 0