Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
According to an Ipsos Reuters poll of 1,363 Americans, the vast majority believe Biden won the presidential election. The poll was conducted between Saturday afternoon and Tuesday.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Nearly 80% of Americans, including more than half of Republicans, recognize President-elect Joe Biden as the winner of the Nov. 3 election after most media organizations called the race for the Democrat based on his leads in critical battleground states, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll...

The Reuters/Ipsos national opinion survey, which ran from Saturday afternoon to Tuesday, found that 79% of U.S. adults believe Biden won the White House. Another 13% said the election has not yet been decided, 3% said Trump won and 5% said they do not know.

The results were somewhat split along party lines: about six in 10 Republicans and almost every Democrat said Biden won...

It
(the poll) showed that 70% of Americans, including 83% of Democrats and 59% of Republicans, trust their local election officials to "do their job honestly."

The poll also found that 72% think the loser of the election must concede defeat, and 60% think there will be a peaceful transition of power when Trump's term ends in January.

Nearly 80% of Americans say Biden won White House, ignoring Trump's refusal to concede: Reuters/Ipsos poll

OB

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Like most Americans, I have never seen a pollster, much less asked my opinion about the election.
Not all polls are done in person, especially these days. And it's not even a pandemic concern, but just that electronic methods are more efficient for spread, like sites that give you points for surveys related to political stuff. Been a gig I've used for a few years to make decent money, though it's slid down a bit from one major source (unless I reached a cap, which would be about $500 in a year, for tax purposes)

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Like most Americans, I have never seen a pollster, much less asked my opinion about the election.

That isn't surprising. A poll is not a referendum where everyone gets asked their opinion.

It uses statistical sampling methodology to get the opinion of a representative sample of a population. The confidence interval on this poll was +/- 5% or between 75% and 85% opinion that Biden won.

OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Not all polls are done in person, especially these days. And it's not even a pandemic concern, but just that electronic methods are more efficient for spread, like sites that give you points for surveys related to political stuff. Been a gig I've used for a few years to make decent money, though it's slid down a bit from one major source (unless I reached a cap, which would be about $500 in a year, for tax purposes)

Recorded voice polling is also being used as a workaround for the 'shy voter' problem. The idea is that participants, who may be reluctant to answer questions honestly with a human pollster, may be less inhibited by a recorded voice.

The other methodology being tried is indirect questioning. Instead of asking "What do you think?" a pollster might ask for your opinion on what your neighbours/social group thinks. A response to this type of indirect question is seen as a reflection of the participant's opinion.

OB

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to an Ipsos Reuters poll of 1,363 Americans, the vast majority believe Biden won the presidential election. The poll was conducted between Saturday afternoon and Tuesday.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Nearly 80% of Americans, including more than half of Republicans, recognize President-elect Joe Biden as the winner of the Nov. 3 election after most media organizations called the race for the Democrat based on his leads in critical battleground states, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll...

The Reuters/Ipsos national opinion survey, which ran from Saturday afternoon to Tuesday, found that 79% of U.S. adults believe Biden won the White House. Another 13% said the election has not yet been decided, 3% said Trump won and 5% said they do not know.

The results were somewhat split along party lines: about six in 10 Republicans and almost every Democrat said Biden won...

It
(the poll) showed that 70% of Americans, including 83% of Democrats and 59% of Republicans, trust their local election officials to "do their job honestly."

The poll also found that 72% think the loser of the election must concede defeat, and 60% think there will be a peaceful transition of power when Trump's term ends in January.

Nearly 80% of Americans say Biden won White House, ignoring Trump's refusal to concede: Reuters/Ipsos poll

OB
Comrades! Poll dancer wrong again. Presidential Trump needs help. Send money now!

• Haha
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to be a little more cautious (or less courageous?)

"80% of Americans believe they are right" :(

OB

Let's just call it for what it is...unless Trump's legal team has evidence of voter fraud, so widespread, that it amounts to tens of thousands of votes in all 4 of the key states that I assume he's trying to contest, he hasn't got a leg to stand on and this legal fight is just a vanity project for him at this point.

Most people here on CF know I've been quite critical of the left over the past few months (and will likely continue to be after Biden takes office and presumably let's non-moderates steer him around in whatever direction they see fit), to the point where I've had people call me alt-right and far-right...

But I still ended up caving and voting for Biden instead of my usual libertarian "protest vote".

There's good reason for that.

Even if I agree a little more with Trump than Biden on certain economic issues and a few other social issues (I despise cancel culture and political correctness, I dislike the semantically overloaded movements like BLM and Antifa, and "woke-ness" is a cancer in our society), that doesn't mean I want a president who constantly spouts off at the mouth on social media, or turns on people who were loyal to him at the drop of a hat...nor do I want a president who picks and chooses scientific/medical advisors based on which one will make him more popular with his base during a time of pandemic.

Even though I'm pro-gun, in favor of limited government, and hate cancel culture/wokeness, I'd rather spend the next four years providing spirited (but consistent & honest) debate against the Biden administration than watching a president claim that every organization that offers even the most mild criticism is "the enemy of the American people".

Perfect example, Trump's die-hard loyalists have started plugging "Newsmax" because they think Fox News "betrayed" him by calling the election for Biden...and because Newsmax is still offering some kind of far-fetched fantasy about how "Trump can still win"

No mainstream media outlet has been as "Trump-friendly" as Fox News...the moment they showed a shred of pragmatism with the election results, now they're being labelled as "sell outs" by Trump fan-boys.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lets for the sake of argument say there really was voter fraud, and everything is just as it is now, the people are told Biden won, and we're told all Trump is doing is throwing a needless fit.

Now what would we expect the people to think? 80% sounds about right to me, but it means nothing given the circumstances.

They, and rightfully so, go by the info the authorities give them and do there best to sort out what a biased medea reports.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lets for the sake of argument say there really was voter fraud, and everything is just as it is now, the people are told Biden won, and we're told all Trump is doing is throwing a needless fit.

Now what would we expect the people to think? 80% sounds about right to me, but it means nothing given the circumstances.

They, and rightfully so, go by the info the authorities give them and do there best to sort out what a biased medea reports.
I wonder who that Pennsylvania postal worker voted for?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Did fraud happen in some places? I suspect so. Was it enough fraud to turn any states? We shall see.

I'll accept the certified results, when they are certified. I will let the legal process bear out the results.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

You're right - an 80% belief that there is no fraud doesn't prove that there is no fraud.

What it does show is that a significant proportion (59%) of Republican voters do not appear to be accepting Trump's claims of gross election manipulation.

OB

NB
This is what a really biased Medea looks like.

images

OB

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What it does show is that a significant proportion (59%) of Republican voters do not appear to be accepting Trump's claims of gross election manipulation.

Again, given the circumstances ...sounds about right.

Upvote 0