Divided Election, Multiple Choices, November 2024 for President ?

If these are the November 2024 Presidential ballot choices, how would you vote?

• Donald Trump, Republican

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Joe Biden, Democrat

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Nikki Haley, No Labels

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Robert Kennedy Jr, Independent

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Other 3rd party or write in choice

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

sprknjc

John 15:13
Feb 3, 2024
Northern Virginia outer suburbs
✟6,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting reads from the last week (links below) that we could have on the November 2024 Presidential General Election ballot four major choices - Trump as Republican, Haley as No Labels, Biden or Newsom as Democrat, and Robert Kennedy Jr as an Independent.

This news report link just below includes an ABC News poll that the majority of Americans see neither Biden nor Trump fit for office, and the No Labels common sense movement is seeking to recruit Haley.

Another news report here with scenarios about how the Supreme Court could rule on Trump's immunity or not for the January 6 Capitol criminal case and the SCOTUS and DC court timelines for each of the choices

And Democrats Plan B if not Biden

Last edited:

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If we had ranked choice voting I might would vote 3rd party, but since we don't and if those are the choices then there really isn't a choice.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If we had ranked choice voting I might would vote 3rd party, but since we don't and if those are the choices then there really isn't a choice.
Agreed. Not that the choices in the poll I would be excited about....two of them would be at the bottom for me, and the other two would be in the middle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This seems like a perfect year for the other party choice to find success. If a quality candidate emerged in time we could see some exciting changes in store for America. I think Ross Perot died some time ago. He shocked voters by earning nearly 20% of our votes. Sadly though, respectable candidates don't want to fight in the muck of politics to actually make America worthy again. I don't think I can vote for any of these four choices in good conscience.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I would vote who ever emerges as the leading candidate against Trump. Except if that was RFK it would really freak me out, as I see his actual mind being compromised by various nonsenses.

Even if it was Haley I would totally vote for her just to block Trump, even though Im opposed to so many of her positions. She still seems to have respect for the republic itself - something lacking in the current R front runner.

It will probably be Biden, whos done a decent job as pres and is capable enough right now, but might be age-vulnerable in the future.

I will not throw away my vote on someone who has no chance just because they express my political personality best. Thats not what voting is for in our system.

Upvote 0

sprknjc

Feb 3, 2024
✟6,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there any indication whatsoever that Nikki Haley has any interest in running as a third party candidate should she lose the Republican nomination? Yeah, maybe No Labels wants to recruit her. That doesn't mean much of anything. The Green Party tried to recruit Bernie Sanders as a presidential candidate, and he never joined them despite his positions being in closer alignment with theirs than the Democrats.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This seems like a perfect year for the other party choice to find success. If a quality candidate emerged in time we could see some exciting changes in store for America. I think Ross Perot died some time ago. He shocked voters by earning nearly 20% of our votes. Sadly though, respectable candidates don't want to fight in the muck of politics to actually make America worthy again. I don't think I can vote for any of these four choices in good conscience.
I'd be all for an economically conservative socially-whatever candidate to appear and pull votes away from the GOP again. The Clinton years were pretty good for the country, all things considered. Maybe a similar scenario will work out OK again.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd be all for an economically conservative socially-whatever candidate to appear and pull votes away from the GOP again. The Clinton years were pretty good for the country, all things considered. Maybe a similar scenario will work out OK again.

Yeah, Clinton surprised me after having voted for Perot the first time. It would be nice to have a leader with the ability to work with congress and balance our budget again. I did vote for Clinton for reelection. I am a big believer in fiscal responsibility. We would benefit from a leader who prioritizes reigning in unnecessary spending. I'm not the best at it myself but I've improved over the years. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, Clinton surprised me after having voted for Perot the first time. It would be nice to have a leader with the ability to work with congress and balance our budget again. I did vote for Clinton for reelection. I am a big believer in fiscal responsibility. We would benefit from a leader who prioritizes reigning in unnecessary spending. I'm not the best at it myself but I've improved over the years. Necessity is the mother of invention.
I did the same.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think nonMAGA Republicans (cisRepublicans if you will) should either encourage the formation of the MAGA party leaving the traditional name to the traditional GOP or split themselves off into their own party.

Lara Trump apparently thinks it fine and proper to use all the GOP money, including PACs, on her FIL's legal woes and campaign.

Donald has proposed her replacing Ronna McDaniel as one chair of the RNC.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

sprknjc

Feb 3, 2024
✟6,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
After the South Carolina primary results today, Nikki Haley home state, will that affect your voting choice in November? Thanks for all who voted in the poll above so far, and other thoughts. The poll above is set so you can change your vote. Also hoping to leave this poll open until the November General Election, with choices added if unexpected events occur i.e. Democrat Plan B, if such candidate choice gets at least 10% of the vote in much larger TV and Internet news reported polls then.

Upvote 0

sprknjc

Feb 3, 2024
✟6,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
With the majority of the South Carolina Republican primary vote in this eve, Trump around 60%.and Haley around 40% South Carolina Republican Primary Results .

IF primary results from SC are indicative of Super Tuesday results in a dozen plus states on March 5 AND

* Haley goes to the No Labels common sense party AND

* Trump loses one third of his support (though no one knows how much for sure) from a criminal conviction in the January 6 riot insurrection trial before November Polls Show Trump Could Be Doomed If He’s Convicted. Will a Trial Happen in Time?

* THEN it could be a close race between Trump and Haley.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With the majority of the South Carolina Republican primary vote in this eve, Trump around 60%.and Haley around 40% South Carolina Republican Primary Results .

IF primary results from SC are indicative of Super Tuesday results in a dozen plus states on March 5 AND

* Haley goes to the No Labels common sense party AND

* Trump loses one third of his support from a criminal conviction in the January 6 riot insurrection trial before November Polls Show Trump Could Be Doomed If He’s Convicted. Will a Trial Happen in Time?

* THEN it could be a close race between Trump and Haley.

What are your thoughts?
Haley joining the No Labels party is an extremely big if, as I've seen no indication she would want to, nor any particular reason why she would want to.

But, we're talking hypotheticals here anyway. If Haley joins up with New Labels and they manage to get on the ballots in at least the swing states, then there's no need to speculate about anything further: The conservative vote splits and Biden (or whatever Democrat is on the ballot, should he die or something) will win.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sprknjc

Feb 3, 2024
✟6,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Haley joining the No Labels party is an extremely big if, as I've seen no indication she would want to, nor any particular reason why she would want to.

But, we're talking hypotheticals here anyway. If Haley joins up with New Labels and they manage to get on the ballots in at least the swing states, then there's no need to speculate about anything further: The conservative vote splits and Biden (or whatever Democrat is on the ballot, should he die or something) will win.

This article from a few days ago No Labels party for Haley could happen after Super Tuesday with a good analysis of the situation.

Reading from this article "COULD HALEY CAPTURE ONE-THIRD OF THE VOTE? Unlikely. But what if Trump is convicted of a crime and only keeps his base, and Biden suffers a catastrophic loss of young people, African Americans and Hispanics — and the age issue doesn’t go away? If Trump got approximately 30% of the vote and Biden got approzimately a 30%, with Robert F. Kennedy winning 5 or 6 percent, could Haley win the election?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sprknjc

Feb 3, 2024
✟6,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As someone shared with me recently, an analogy to the movie The Longest Yard, 2024 likely will be The Longest Election Season for us to be patient as events unfold. God is in control Romans 13:1 , especially with Biden's health and age and Trump's trails in court.

Last edited:
Upvote 0