Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Their societies are better for their own citizens. European workers have maternity and paternity leaves, six week vacations, universal health care, free college...

You, too, would be able to afford higher taxes if you didn't graduate from college with $75,000 in loans--and bankrupt yourself trying to pay for things like medical and daycare.

50%+ tax rates in Europe. American college ripping people off.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
50%+ tax rates in Europe. American college ripping people off.
Are you claiming that the average person in Europe pays a 50% tax rate? The maximum tax rates are close to 50% in some European countries, which means the average person pays far less.

• Winner
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Wrong: To reach 40% income tax you have to make 2 million NOK (230.000 USD). And that is if you have no deductions whatsoever. People who make millions can afford tax planning, so I doubt anyone actually pay 40% - even though it is technically possible to pay that much if you try hard. Most people would pay considerably less.

Plus: The tax you pay covers free health care, free higher education for your kids and a pension plan
But how many aircraft-carrier groups does Norway float?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
But how many aircraft-carrier groups does Norway float?

They certainly float plenty of helipads, to reach their offshore oil platforms. As before, it goes back to what you consider "great". Greater killing machines do not make greater countries, as far as I'm concerned.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Lol, yeah, it says right there “maximum tax rates.” So what was I wrong about?

*We don't have a VAT tax in America.

* The lower 1/2 of Americans don't pay and federal income tax. People at the bottom get tax refunds that they never even paid into the system. In Denmark the minimum would be 22% <$100,000. The 25% VAT tax makes everything one buys very expensive. So tax is built into everything after you get raped by the government!

* Car tax in Denmark 100%! If you buy a $38,000 car in Denmark you will pay $38,000 in sales tax. TL $76,000 !

Tax calculator for Germany on €65,000.00 Tax=58.81% plus VAT tax 19% (reduced rate of 7% applies e.g. on sales of certain foods, books and magazines, flowers and transports)

https://www.icalculator.info/germany.html

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
They certainly float plenty of helipads, to reach their offshore oil platforms. As before, it goes back to what you consider "great". Greater killing machines do not make greater countries, as far as I'm concerned.
Right!
The USA’s major export is war and war-engines.
Our military do the “proving-ground” things that make our war-systems desirable to both friend and adversaries, which we then sell.

That’s largely our “business model”.

As such, money for “free stuff” is severely limited.
My portion of an aircraft carrier (probably a bulkhead door) does me no good other than it being where it is.

• Winner
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

rubyshoes

Nov 28, 2013
✟120,035.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Tax calculator for Germany on €65,000.00 Tax=58.81% plus VAT tax 19% (reduced rate of 7% applies e.g. on sales of certain foods, books and magazines, flowers and transports)

I think you are mis-interpreting the table/link you just posted. From the breakdown given for 65K euro, the tax total isn't 58.81% applied to a 65,000 salary. Its saying the total net take home salary after all tax deductions is 58.81% of 65,000 (aka 38,229 euros after tax).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Colter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
*We don't have a VAT tax in America.

* The lower 1/2 of Americans don't pay and federal income tax. People at the bottom get tax refunds that they never even paid into the system. In Denmark the minimum would be 22% <$100,000. The 25% VAT tax makes everything one buys very expensive. So tax is built into everything after you get raped by the government!

* Car tax in Denmark 100%! If you buy a $38,000 car in Denmark you will pay $38,000 in sales tax. TL $76,000 !

We have sales tax on most states.

Denmark - I’d love to have what they have! For those extra taxes they get paid maternity and paternity leave, 5 weeks paid vacation a year, free healthcare, paid disability leave and free higher education including a monthly stipend for living expenses.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So the objections, or some objections, are based in doubts about the ability of people proposing green energy ideas to implement them?
Yes. I think that is a fair statement. They say the path to hell is paved in good intentions. But progressive politicians, although with good intentions, are the key pavers.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
After importing a rape culture the "virtue signalers" are having second thoughts.
It appears that it is only the "compassionate" leaders like Angela Markel make a country great. In spite of the fact that Germany is essentially rising up against her for her "compassion".

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Their societies are better for their own citizens. European workers have maternity and paternity leaves, six week vacations, universal health care, free college...

You, too, would be able to afford higher taxes if you didn't graduate from college with $75,000 in loans--and bankrupt yourself trying to pay for things like medical and daycare.
Is the greatness of the country determined by how many freebies the government hands out in spite of its high taxes? Second, would you be okay if the government made you pay off my car and home loans? If not, why is student loan any different? That, in my opinion is the opposite of great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Upvote 0