Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do people who don't like those ideas see as being wrong with them?

Nb. the proposed ideas have been misrepresented, but that's a longer topic.
Because progressives can't even figure out how to build bicycle lanes in Seattle. Much less build high speed rail across the country.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because progressives can't even figure out how to build bicycle lanes in Seattle. Much less build high speed rail across the country.

So the objections, or some objections, are based in doubts about the ability of people proposing green energy ideas to implement them?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If the western European countries are so much better because they are more compassionate for refugees, why are there growing movements in those countries to get rid of the refugees?
After importing a rape culture the "virtue signalers" are having second thoughts.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
After importing a rape culture the "virtue signalers" are having second thoughts.

No, it's just more easy to convince people to be afraid of foreigners instead of being compassionate.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That's a bit of an oversimpification, to put it mildly. With the advantage of hindsight, the immigrant crisis could have been dealt with better, but the same kinds of arguments get recycled over and over to justify not doing anything. Similar arguments were used to justify the lack of aid given to the Irish by England during the famine in the 1840s - they're all (whatever) anyway, so why should we help them? Different situation, same mentality. Some deeply disturbing crimes have been committed by small numbers of US servicemen in Europe in recent years - does this mean that all US servicemen are rapists and murderers?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That's a bit of an oversimpification, to put it mildly. With the advantage of hindsight, the immigrant crisis could have been dealt with better, but the same kinds of arguments get recycled over and over to justify not doing anything. Similar arguments were used to justify the lack of aid given to the Irish by England during the famine in the 1840s - they're all (whatever) anyway, so why should we help them? Different situation, same mentality. Some deeply disturbing crimes have been committed by small numbers of US servicemen in Europe in recent years - does this mean that all US servicemen are rapists and murderers?

German crime statistics reveal steep rise in violent and political crimes
Germany has recorded a significant rise in politically motivated crimes by foreigners, including jihadis. The report revealed that rise of migrant criminal suspects in Germany has soared by more than 50 percent.

German crime statistics reveal steep rise in violent and political crimes | DW | 24.04.2017

Germany: Migrant Rape Crisis Still Sowing Terror and Destruction
Women and children sacrificed on the altar of political correctness

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Right wing scaremongering has that effect on people.
Naïve bias has the effect of ignoring facts. For instance, a reasonable person is perplexed as to how someone could live next door to a concentration camp and ignore that its happening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
German crime statistics reveal steep rise in violent and political crimes
Germany has recorded a significant rise in politically motivated crimes by foreigners, including jihadis. The report revealed that rise of migrant criminal suspects in Germany has soared by more than 50 percent.

German crime statistics reveal steep rise in violent and political crimes | DW | 24.04.2017

Women and children sacrificed on the altar of political correctness

And this is the scaremongering I was talking about, "Migrant Rape Crisis sowing terror and destruction" give me a break.

As a German who lives near a place where migrants live I certainly haven't noticed any terror and destruction.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Naïve bias has the effect of ignoring facts. For instance, a reasonable person is perplexed as to how someone could live next door to a concentration camp and ignore that its happening.

I think I'll take my experience actually living in Germany over your right wing propaganda.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fun fact: The percentage of people born outside of the country is higher in Norway than in the US

Wrong: To reach 40% income tax you have to make 2 million NOK (230.000 USD). And that is if you have no deductions whatsoever. People who make millions can afford tax planning, so I doubt anyone actually pay 40% - even though it is technically possible to pay that much if you try hard. Most people would pay considerably less.

Plus: The tax you pay covers free health care, free higher education for your kids and a pension plan

Wrong again: You do not pay VAT on everything and certainly not on your income (!!). VAT is also lower on food, and no VAT on rent or mortgage and a number of other services

Conclusion: Your calculation is absolutely rubbish.
Source: I used to work as a certified accountant in Norway

Rent depends on where you live. Of course, a house in some deep forest of Alaska would be cheaper than an appartment in a posh area of Oslo. The same is true the other way around: A house in the neck-of the-woods of Norway is cheaper than a flat in Manhattan

Again, this depends on what you eat and where. I took my wife out to eat yesterday and we had a nice meal for two for USD 45,- In Norway, you are not supposed to give tips, since the waiters have a decent wage to begin with. So you pay those 45$ and that's it

However, it is true that eating out is more expensive in Norway. This is because the wage disparity is smaller. Even wages for waiters and people working in shops are decent. This means that this kind of services are more expensive than in countries where you cannot live from having just one job like that

No, not your caricature of Norway - but an honest picture of Norway

Please feel free to contact the link and correct them.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I think I'll take my experience actually living in Germany over your right wing propaganda.
People who lived in Germany denied that the holocaust was happening. People living in America had to come over and show you.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
People who lived in Germany denied that the holocaust was happening. People living in America had to come over and show you.

Sorry my bad you are right. Our streets are littered with the bodies of raped women and our government has successfully been infiltrated by ISIS because of all bad migrants. :rolleyes:

Your xenophobia is your problem, not mine.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Sorry my bad you are right. Our streets are littered with the bodies of raped women and our government has successfully been infiltrated by ISIS because of all bad migrants. :rolleyes:

Your xenophobia is your problem, not mine.
One persons phobia is another's wisdom. Middle eastern Muslim male culture is very, very different than European. They have no intention of assimilating into European culture.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,086,613.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So would you then disagree with @Fantine that western European countries are better than the United States because they are more "compassionate" towards refugees?

Their societies are better for their own citizens. European workers have maternity and paternity leaves, six week vacations, universal health care, free college...

You, too, would be able to afford higher taxes if you didn't graduate from college with $75,000 in loans--and bankrupt yourself trying to pay for things like medical and daycare.

Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Colter Germany was in a state of tatters at wars end. Starvation and death was everywhere. It was no different in the camps. And the German people had good reason for not believing in the holocaust at that time considering that the actual word wasn’t around in 1945. You may like ask your government why hundreds and thousands of German soldiers were systematically starved to death in your camps and that was when the war was over. No offence but I’m a great believer in searching out historical truth.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
One persons phobia is another's wisdom. Middle eastern Muslim male culture is very, very different than European. They have no intention of assimilating into European culture.

I take it you have regular talks with all these people since you came to this conclusion?

Upvote 0