Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The greatness of a country is determined by the well-being and happiness of it's citizens.

I don't understand how you can claim the US is the greatest since you got millions of homeless people, a good chunk of them with mental illnesses.
Most of your working conditions are abysmal, no paid maternity leave, only couple of days of holidays and sick days, no unions.
Your healthcare system is insane. People are in crushing debt because they were unfortunate enough to get sick. I mean for crying out loud, Breaking Bad is about a middle class family father getting cancer who has to cook meth to pay for his medical bills.

And these are only the biggest problems.
Well, Germany wouldn't be the shining gem of Europe if the United States hadn't rebuilt it from the ground up in our image after we practically destroyed it. So check and mate. I will say you do have a very tasty chocolate cake. But I wonder how long Germany can afford all those entitlements if it actually paid its dues to NATO and stop depending on the United States for its defense.

Edit: Just did a quick google search and discovered that Germany is having their own financial problems and issues with poverty. Apparently those entitlements that make Germany so "great" is fiscally unsustainable. I guess by your standards of "greatness", Germany is struggling and the things that made Germany "great" is contributing to its financial collapse.
Problems of poverty in Germany
Germany: Poverty threatens almost 20 percent of population | DW | 31.10.2018

But maybe the United States should be more like France. They are doing it right...right?
french homeless.PNG

Ooops! Apparently France has a worse homeless problem than America does.

But with all that money from Europe's economic superiority they should be able to afford all their entitlements...right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, Germany wouldn't be the shining gem of Europe if the United States hadn't rebuilt it from the ground up in our image after we practically destroyed it. So check and mate. I will say you do have a very tasty chocolate cake. But I wonder how long Germany can afford all those entitlements if it actually paid its dues to NATO and stop depending on the United States for its defense.

Edit: Just did a quick google search and discovered that Germany is having their own financial problems and issues with poverty. Apparently those entitlements that make Germany so "great" is fiscally unsustainable. I guess by your standards of "greatness", Germany is struggling and the things that made Germany "great" is contributing to its financial collapse.
Problems of poverty in Germany
Germany: Poverty threatens almost 20 percent of population | DW | 31.10.2018

Thank you for ignoring all the points I raised.

And I'm not a nationalist. I know very well that my country has more than enough problems that need fixing, but unlike you I don't run around and claim that Germany is the greatest country on earth.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for ignoring all the points I raised.

And I'm not a nationalist. I know very well that my country has more than enough problems that need fixing, but unlike you I don't run around and claim that Germany is the greatest country on earth.
But you are touting the lack of entitlements as a reason for the United States being inferior. Perhaps with all that money from Europe's economic superiority, they should be able to afford all those entitlements...right?

debt.PNG

European debt crisis: It's not just Greece that's drowning in debt

Ooops! I guess all those entitlements that make other countries so great is causing them to collapse from within.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But you are touting the lack of entitlements as a reason for the United States being inferior. Perhaps with all that money from Europe's economic superiority, they should be able to afford all those entitlements...right?

View attachment 259397

Ooops! I guess all those entitlements that make other countries so great is causing them to collapse from within.

Your whataboutism is legendary. Every country on this planet has debt, the difference is that my country at least uses that money to benefit it's citizens.

Providing your citizens with decent healthcare, good working conditions and an adequate social safety net isn't 'entitlements', it's what everybody needs.

I know America has the 'every man for himself and screw the rest' mentality but people seem to get tired of it and demand a change.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I don’t believe in the overall picture there is a greater nation that the US.

Does that mean it is perfect? No

But it’s the best in the world.

Don’t agree, ok. Which one is better and why.

A cow patty in a field of turds may be the best of the bunch, but it is still a cow patty.

All humans of the world have allowed themselves to be ruled by others - have entrusted their livelihood, progeny and even spiritual trajectory to magistrates of humanity instead of magistrates of the Most High God. If your standards are calibrated to the degeneracy of an earthly nation, then any nation is fair game to be the "greatest", because and earthly nation itself is subjectivity (just ask Palestine).

If we are being honest with ourselves, and we don't ignore the atrocities, but weigh them accordingly in our analysis, there is absolutely no nation on this plane of existence that can be called "great" - especially the US. Is the US comfortable, and does it give an illusion of freedom and prosperity for all? Of course, but all nations do this. The population of a nation is the group that resonates most with the empty messages (or accept them as truths for their lives).

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your whataboutism is legendary. Every country on this planet has debt, the difference is that my country at least uses that money to benefit it's citizens.

Providing your citizens with decent healthcare, good working conditions and an adequate social safety net isn't 'entitlements', it's what everybody needs.

I know America has the 'every man for himself and screw the rest' mentality but people seem to get tired of it and demand a change.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
German crime statistics reveal steep rise in violent and political crimes
Germany has recorded a significant rise in politically motivated crimes by foreigners, including jihadis. The report revealed that rise of migrant criminal suspects in Germany has soared by more than 50 percent.

German crime statistics reveal steep rise in violent and political crimes | DW | 24.04.2017

Germany: Migrant Rape Crisis Still Sowing Terror and Destruction
Women and children sacrificed on the altar of political correctness

Germany: Migrant Rape Crisis Still Sowing Terror and Destruction

These aren't all that helpful, some of the stats are from official reports but they conflate a number of things for the purpose of pushing a certain narrative. There's a more thorough breakdown here: Immigration and crime in Germany - Wikipedia

Here's an overview:

'From 2015 to 2016, the number of suspected crimes by refugees, asylum-seekers and illegal immigrants increased by 50 percent.[11] The figures showed that most of the suspected crimes were by repeat offenders, and that 1 percent of migrants accounted for 40 percent of total migrant crimes.[11] From 2016 to 2017, the number of crimes committed by refugees, asylum-seekers and illegal immigrants in Germany decreased by 40 percent, which was mostly caused by significantly less violations off the alien law, because far fewer asylum seekers entered the country in this year.[12]

The first comprehensive study of the social effects of the one million refugees going to Germany found that it caused "very small increases in crime in particular with respect to drug offenses and fare-dodging."[13][14] A report released by the German Federal Office of Criminal Investigation in November 2015 found that over the period January–September 2015, the crime rate of refugees was the same as that of native Germans.[15] According to Deutsche Welle, the report "concluded that the majority of crimes committed by refugees (67 percent) consisted of theft, robbery and fraud. Sex crimes made for less than 1 percent of all crimes committed by refugees, while homicide registered the smallest fraction at 0.1 percent."[15] According to the conservative newspaper Die Welts description of the report, the most common crime committed by refugees was not paying fares on public transportation'

It's no secret that in some societies there are higher levels of assaults against women, but the same could be said of male dominated industries in Western nations, the likes of Trump etc, which are also associated with high levels of sexual assault against women.

• Informative
Reactions: Skreeper
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A 7 times higher mortality rate is simply untrue. His concept of freedom is extremely subjective and flawed, the freedom to be able to think critically about your own assumptions is a big element of being 'free', and that's something that the US approach to education doesn't seem to recognise or value. Basically I don't think this vid really makes any solid argument.
There is a lot that is great about the US. It is a great place, no argument there, but it could be improved in a lot of fairly fundamental ways by a process of publicly debating in some more rational way the ideas people like this guy have such an emotional attachment to. This guy's views are skewed because of his emotional attachment to ideas, he isn't able to present a balanced view, and that seems fairly common. Some kind of process to find compromise between the two sides of the very obvious conservative/liberal split in the US is made impossible by this kind of subjective jingoism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 259397

Ummm....what’s the outlook for US govt debt...??

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A 7 times higher mortality rate is simply untrue. His concept of freedom is extremely subjective and flawed, the freedom to be able to think critically about your own assumptions is a big element of being 'free', and that's something that the US approach to education doesn't seem to recognise or value. Basically I don't think this vid really makes any solid argument.
There is a lot that is great about the US. It is a great place, no argument there, but it could be improved in a lot of fairly fundamental ways by a process of publicly debating in some more rational way the ideas people like this guy have such an emotional attachment to. This guy's views are skewed because of his emotional attachment to ideas, he isn't able to present a balanced view, and that seems fairly common. Some kind of process to find compromise between the two sides of the very obvious conservative/liberal split in the US is made impossible by this kind of subjective jingoism.
Well, Crowder always puts his sources in the comments section of his videos. Perhaps you can look at the data yourself and explain why it is wrong.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, Crowder always puts his sources in the comments section of his videos. Perhaps you can look at the data yourself and explain why it is wrong.

I can't see anything in the comments on this vid, but it seems unlikely that organisations like the WHO, Cancer Research UK, Nuffield Health and others are all agreeing on and putting out false data. Depending on the type of cancer, mortality rates in the UK are variously close to and higher than those in Australia, Canada and the US. Norway is up there with those three countries. For no kind of cancer is the difference as much as even close to twice as likely, never mind seven times as likely. I can't find anything that even suggests the chances of dying of cancer in the UK or the rest of Europe is even close to twice as likely. Seven times more likely just seems to be pure invention.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,453.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are some things that we, as human beings, should be striving to move beyond. Conservatives are right, for example, when they argue that we need to exercise control over sexual impulses. Fine.

But they are wrong to embrace nationalistic chest-thumpery. This is a relic of our instinct for tribalism- shaped by evolution to ensure our survival. But in the modern world, this instinct has become distinctly counterproductive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The greatness of a country is determined by the well-being and happiness of it's citizens.

I don't understand how you can claim the US is the greatest since you got millions of homeless people, a good chunk of them with mental illnesses.
Most of your working conditions are abysmal, no paid maternity leave, only couple of days of holidays and sick days, no unions.
Your healthcare system is insane. People are in crushing debt because they were unfortunate enough to get sick. I mean for crying out loud, Breaking Bad is about a middle class family father getting cancer who has to cook meth to pay for his medical bills.

And these are only the biggest problems.

According to statistics, there are over 630,000 homeless people in America. 67,495 are veterans.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes...any country whose government debt is greater than the nation’s GDP should feel.........proud..??

America also trades debt, so it's kind of a win anyway (according to some).

America also gets involved in proxy wars and coups to make profit, since they sell weapons to both sides.

We got plenty of ways to make the money back :D.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don’t believe in the overall picture there is a greater nation that the US.

Does that mean it is perfect? No

But it’s the best in the world.

Don’t agree, ok. Which one is better and why.

Having established that the US is not perfect, can we agree that there is room for improvement?

Upvote 0