Mysteries within the Word of God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image of God? This has been debated at length for quite some time. We should note that it is not “express image” like Jesus.
Heb 1:3
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
(KJV)

It doesn’t mean in physical form because God is Spirit. It doesn’t mean with all his attributes because that would be “express image” and Jesus alone posses that. It must mean with a spirit and moral conscience.
Eccl 7:29
29 Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright;
(KJV)

God had made animal, then made a distinction of making man in “our image”. Along with a spirit and moral conscience he gave us reasoning capabilities and all this was good.
Gen 1:31
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
(KJV)

Upvote 0
rkbo:

I can help you sir, if you will just allow me to help you understand.

Take the time to look in a mirror. Think of the image in the mirror. The image is not physical. God created man in his own "image". God is Spirit, which means that he is not physical. But because he created man in his own image. He 'is' what you see in "man".

Throughout His Word, he expresses about himself, as a man would express about himself also ! Man can be a father, and God is a Father also. Man has a right hand, and so does God. Man can have a son, And God had a Son. The son is not the Father, and the Father is not the son. A son is an offspring. The first man Adam, had offspring. To start out with , the Word tells us that he had three sons. Adam and Eve also had daughters.

This is a family, and God has a family also.

What God "made" reflects that which can not be seen. And no man has seen God at any time. So we look at the things that he made , in order to understand the things that are invisible.

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0
You are cofusing anthromophics with reality. Or else God is a blast furnace and a bird.
Ps 91:4
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
(KJV)

Heb 12:29
29 For our God is a consuming fire.
(KJV)

Hervey you have an unequaled talent for reading into texts, that which is not there. You have no understanding to impart. You have error and from how you depict Jesus you teach out right heresy. You sir need the true Jesus and to put your hope in him and not a false Jesus as you now have.

I say this because I am concerned with your salvation and because I must stand against false doctrine. We can have friendly debates, but not about who Jesus is. This is a very important subject.
Matt 7:22-23
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
(KJV)

Upvote 0

rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
meditation moving mighty mountains - more moonston
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Thus we take up Jesus' promise to pray the Father for us and He sends His holy spirit of truth to lead us into all truth. For me this means entering the spirit in meditation on sabbath.

Upvote 0
So far I have seen very little interest in the Mysteries , that are within the Word of God.

I am still wondering if I should continue with this series or not, and if the effort is worth my time.

#1 - God is a God of two of everything

#2 - mirror image

#3- The most three, the least two

Another one of the mysteries is the most three , the least two. But before I get into this mystery, I also want to explain , that God being a God of two of everything, one is the literal, the other is the spiritual , hidden within a metaphor - figure of speech. They are mirror images of each other. In that , we have a similar , with a reversal. Like the first Adam and the Last Adam

In a mirror image, if you were to stand in front of a mirror. And if you raised your right hand. Then the "image" would be raising his/her left hand. <-- Similar with a reversal

This is the way in which the Word of God is written !

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0

rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
meditation moving mighty mountains - more moonston
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
I noticed this amazing mystery too, that God 'writes' His metaphors in real history in the bible, I feel great sympathy for Israel being used as God's living counter-example to the spiritual man....their suffering has been ,is ,and will be enormous, but at least their reward is guaranteed [Ezek chap 37]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Hi all:

Well, there are going to be critics , no matter what the conversation is about. But , just to say that something is in error, without pointing out the error is a little dubious of that person !

We are to walk by "faith", not doubt. But that "faith" should come from the Word of God ! "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

A persons personnal comments, is "not" the Word of God !

God is indeed, a God of two of everything ! The Word of God proves it , time and time again !

Let God be true, and every man a liar .

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0
Hi all:

The most three the least two:

This is a phrase that we find within the Word of God. God uses this phrase to indicate order. It is also one of the mysteries within the Word of God.

I like to call this mystery - Water - or better yet - H2O

Jesus Christ was in the earth for - Three days, and three nights.

Days - Nights = 2 (plurals)

Three - each = Three = The most three , the least two.

I Corinth. 14:27 - "If any man speak in a tongue, by two , or at the most three"

I Corinth. 14:29 - "let the prophets speak two or three

I Timothy 5:19 - "Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses"

Hebrews 10:28 - "He that despised Moses' Law died without mercy under two or three witnesses"

Matthew 18:20 - "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them"

In the story of Judah and Tamar, Judah had children by "two" different women. One was his wife, and then Tamar who dressed up as a harlot, and she became pregnant. Judah had five children in all. Three from his wife, and then two (twins) from Tamar. "The most three, the lest two". It was through one of these twins (Phares) , that the flesh line of Jesus , through Mary continued. Also , the story of the twins birth (Zara - Phares) is the story of the read thread. This is another mystery, that we can talk about later. That the "first shall be last, and the last first".

The controversy over , how many were crucified with Christ , can also be solved by know this mystery - The most three, the least two.

There were two malefactors and two thieves = four in all , who were crucified with Christ = five in all.

Three of them rebuked, and two did not - Both theives rebuked, and only one malefactor rebuked. One malefactor did not rebuke, and Jesus Christ himself did not rebuke . Three did rebuke and two did not. = The most three, the least two.

In Genesis 1:27 God created man in "his own " image.

But in Genesis 1:26 - Man was "made" in "our " likeness and in "our " image. And God said - "Let us" This is not singular , as verse 27 is, but plural. Who is the "our ", and the "us " in this verse ?

By this time Lucifer had been thrown out of heaven. And there are only three named angels in the Word of God. That leaves only two named angels left in heaven. Michael and Gabriel. Gabriel is a messenger, and Michael is a warrior.

So the "us" , is God and Michael and Gabriel. And God said, let us make man in our image and likeness.

In Romans 1:20 we are told , that the invisible things of God , are clearly seen , by the things that "are "made.

Man was made - body, soul, and spirit. Which is what God "and " the angels are also !

Lucifer was the angel of light, and was replaced by God's Son, Jesus Christ. We who are IN Christ, are the "lights" of the world. Light replaces light, that became darkness. God made his Son Christ Jesus, to be a messenger (Prophet) and a warrior.

Looking at Michael and Gabriel and Christ Jesus, we see the most three the least two . Three in all, but all three , are either a messenger, or a warrior, or both.

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0
What about "seven" or "fourty" or "twenty"
2 Chr 30:21
21 And the children of Israel that were present at Jerusalem kept the feast of unleavened bread seven days with great gladness: and the Levites and the priests praised the LORD day by day, singing with loud instruments unto the LORD.
(KJV)

Ezek 3:16
16 And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
(KJV)

Rev 17:9
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
(KJV)

Gen 7:4
4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.
(KJV)

Deut 25:3
3 Forty stripes he may give him, and not exceed: lest, if he should exceed, and beat him above these with many stripes, then thy brother should seem vile unto thee.
(KJV)

Exod 27:16
16 And for the gate of the court shall be an hanging of twenty cubits, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, wrought with needlework: and their pillars shall be four, and their sockets four.
(KJV)

Hervey, you can make a case for numbers if you use a concordence and use essoteric bible interpretations. I have learned that you will not listen to sound doctrine. You say that God revealed mystries to you and you are going to impart this wisdom to the rest of us, but what if you have been decieved by an angel of "light". How could you know. You'd have to test it with scripture, but in your case this wont work because you have a twisted way of looking at Gods word. What is to be done with you?

2 Pet 2:1-2
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
(KJV)

I pray that you will see the light.

Upvote 0
rkbo:

I have just started,and I am not sure how far I will explain the mysteries within the Word. Because of the lack of interest.

But be rest assurd, that there are more mysteries , than the one's I have shared so far.

For your interest, look at Matthew 1:17 There are three sets of 14 generations from Abraham to Christ.

The most three , the least two.

7 twice is 14

There were 42 generations from Abraham unto Christ, and that number is very significant ! In 42 there are "6" seven's, and that is very significant also !

I can explain in detail latter, if the interest in the mysteries grows. But there is also a chance that I might end this thread , for lack of interest !

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0
rkbo:

I have a request of you.

In Romans 1:20 it tells us that we can see the Godhead, from the things that God made,and that it is without excuse.

You are so knowledgeable about the Word, shown by your replies.

Could you show me the "Godhead" from what God had made back in Genesis chapters one - five. If you can not, remember, there is no excuse !

IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Could you show me the "Godhead" from what God had made back in Genesis chapters one - five. If you can not, remember, there is no excuse ! "

What does the pural term used in genesis for? hmm..the Godhead :) Your numbers stuff is just a bunch of making mountains out of molehills...they are coninsciendences and any person that reads the bible can see that. Mysteries of God..there are some..but not the ones you're peddling ;)

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree Hervey...but it also says to watch out for false teachers and people that add things to the bible..or to quote col , "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosohy..." I think the numbers stuff you are talking about lines right up with that :)

Upvote 0
Louis:

What do you think the word "Triune" means ?

How many were crucified with Christ ?

It does not matter what you believe, you are still going to deal with numbers !

How many apostles did Jesus have ? (12)

How many disciples did Jesus have ? (16)

How many days are there in a week ?

What is the first day of the week ?

What is the third day of the week ? You can not find the words Monday, Tuesday etc in the Word of God !

Numbers are throughout the Word of God, and they are significant, in that, God is a God that changes not.

Do you know how many people that believe that Jesus died on friday and rose on Sunday ? Can you find three days and three nights from friday unto Sunday ? No matter how hard you try, you can not come up with three days and three nights ! Yet, people believe just about anything that they are told, because they are too lazy to count such a simple amount of numbers !

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.