Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Quoted earlier "]The crisis which is happening now, hopefully will bring profound changes and clear out the rot . You should relook at the idea of the 5TH commanment ,which is foundational to our moral health to take seriously .You have only one mother and can never have an other ,so if you can please her heart, and help it to heal , I am sure God will approve indeed ."

To paraphrase, Jess, you better stay Catholic to help please your poor, sad mother. I wonder if you'd get this 'remember the 5th commandment' advice if you were a protestant entertaining Catholicism against your protestant mother's wishes. Guilt and name calling is what you should prepare for. This is why the world's Mary statues are all crying-they want you to feel guilty. Now go tell the sad statue you're sorry already and go light yourself a candle, missy! :)
No need for sarcasm ,but yes I am not strictly speaking a Catholic but a seeker ,a real seeker .

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Quoted earlier "]The crisis which is happening now, hopefully will bring profound changes and clear out the rot . You should relook at the idea of the 5TH commanment ,which is foundational to our moral health to take seriously .You have only one mother and can never have an other ,so if you can please her heart, and help it to heal , I am sure God will approve indeed ."

To paraphrase, Jess, you better stay Catholic to help please your poor, sad mother. I wonder if you'd get this 'remember the 5th commandment' advice if you were a protestant entertaining Catholicism against your protestant mother's wishes. Guilt and name calling is what you should prepare for. This is why the world's Mary statues are all crying-they want you to feel guilty. Now go tell the sad statue you're sorry already and go light yourself a candle, missy! :)
One of the things that frustrates me about protestants is their ignorance of history ,culture ,and their lack of wholeness .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One of the things that I hate about protestants is their ignorance of history ,culture ,and their total lack of wholeness

You're absolutely right, I repent! I'm going to go buy me a bushel of indulgences. Off to the pardoner.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
also, GoldenRule, your mom should be happy you are going to church, period

many, many people quit attending church altogether once they go away to college and parents have no idea what their college kids are doing/not doing

I hope you can learn to not be guilted/manipulated as some moms are very good at laying on guilt
people who lay guilt on others, however, are usually people who feel out of control in their own lives so guilting/manipulating others is actually a way for them to feel some control over their own lives

so if you see anyone trying to guilt you in anyway, realize it's that person's personal problem
best to you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the problems with some ,many here is that the Holy Spirit is not yet working in them , they are still in ignorance .
I do not know how someone could be saved without the Holy Spirit of God. WE can not even understand the Bible if we do not have the Holy Spirit to Guide & Teach us.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So now, I feel like unless I abandon my convictions and go back to my old church, I'm at fault for her lack of faith, and that thought really makes my heart hurt. What should I do? Any prayers and/or advice is welcome.

Hello Jess,

This is a tough question to answer. Not meaning any disrespect to Catholic brothers and sisters here, but the mindset of some RCs is difficult to get into.

I'm a baptised Catholic. My immediate family left the RCC some years ago. Catholic Charismatic movement- filled with the Spirit, then found it increasingly difficult to fellowship in the church we we in.

Reaction of wider (still RCC) family was hostile. One beloved Aunt who was kind to me as a child went to her grave never again speaking to any of us. Would walk past us on the street. Some spread falsehoods about us. Still hurting about this today. In fact this was probably the worst hurt I've ever had.

Some thawed out many years later, mainly when they stopped going to Mass themselves. Not because of a spiritual experience, but because of their regular hangovers from the Saturday night. Lots of drinkers in the family. It was more acceptable to stop going to Mass because of alcohol abuse than because of Spiritual reasons. Did eventually get invited to a Wedding, few indeed of the family went out for Holy Communion though. Perhaps hence the invitation.

When contact was eventually renewed and some relatives asked us why we left the RCC we shared the gospel with them and two at least were born again. Not to say anything bad about the RCC, we didn't mention the RCC to them at all. We mentioned Jesus. The Free Pardon God speaks of through the Prophet Isaiah was ace for giving them peace at the end.

Again, I hope any Catholic brothers and sisters here don't take offence. I'm sure they're sincere believers and have fine churches and Catholic relatives. I wish them well. This is just my testimony.

Based on my testimony I would advise caution. Your mother hasn't been attending Mass or confession for many years, but she still might consider herself Catholic in a sectarian sort of sense. This can be a powerful and irrational motivation.

My cousin George reportedly told my Uncle many years ago he considered confession nonsensical, his exact words 'making up some expletive to tell the priest'. George remained in the Catholic church and did not talk to us for TWENTY FIVE YEARS even though he used an expletive to refer to confession. His Spiritual condition I would say (and he would probably admit) is Nil. Yet there was this irrational sort of hostility. Them and us.

So I would advise caution. Pray for guidance and for your mother. Pray that she may be born anew. Also be blameless in your relative's eyes, give no cause for reproach. Love them, forgive them. Move slowly, do nothing in anger. But stick firmly to your principles.

The Lord works for the good in all circumstances. I met a Lady, a former Muslim who found Christ and was disowned by her family. I could relate to her and encourage her because I too was disowned by family.

Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me. (Psalm 27:10)

God Bless :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Joan Lamb
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Tell her you'll meet her in the middle and go to an Eastern Orthodox or confessional (LCMS/WELS) Lutheran church with her.

Or tell her that you don't have to go back because St. Malachy said that Francis is going to be the last pope anyway and following this all faithful Roman Catholics are going to be looking for a new denomination anyway.

:)

In all seriousness, you should not abandon your convictions. Although I no longer go to a Baptist Church, secondary to various innovations that have crept in to the Baptist faith over the years and my own study of church history I don't believe the correct answer is going back into Roman Catholicism particularly given the deep moral crisis that church finds itself in.

I think the middle would be Anglican.. maybe methodist to.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My mother is Catholic too. She raised me Catholic and when I accepted Jesus back in 2013 she was overjoyed. But I didn't want to be Catholic and I left the faith I never had faith in to begin with. She was disappointed but eventually accepted my decision. See to my mother you cannot accept Jesus without being Catholic. And my mother is barely a Christian to begin with. She believes in a lot of warped things like ghosts and stuff like that. I believe that believers go to be with Jesus when they die and unbelievers go to sheol. I don't believe that people wander the earth. But... My mother does and its really hard for me to accept my mothers beliefs. It will take a while but your mother will probably accept your decision to become a Baptist too. Same as my mother who accepted me being an atheist for a while. If your mother really loves you she should accept you no matter what religion you are. You did the right thing leaving the Catholic church. I don't blame you one bit. Give your mother time. She will disagree with your beliefs but she will also learn to accept them. Trust me.
Not to jump off topic, but regarding Catholics and their beliefs, sometimes Catholics believe things that are not Catholic teaching, and I'm afraid your mother has fallen into this, and confused you. I would say that you should know what the Catholic Church teaches (by reading the Catechism)before you actually leave the Church. Especially in this age of technology, it's very easy to find what the Church teaches, as well as various misconceptions on just about anything. One thing is true, that your mother said, to a degree. You cannot accept the entirety of Jesus without being Catholic. You can accept most of Him, but not all of Him. Even most Catholics don't really accept the entirety of Jesus. That is a lifelong journey.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What you're saying has no relevance to the issue at hand. And no, the Bible does not say our friends and family in heaven intercede for us, it says Jesus Christ intercedes for us.
Actually, Revelation says exactly that. In John's vision 8:3-4. The holy ones are those in heaven, and if our friends and family are in heaven, they are the holy ones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello Jess,

This is a tough question to answer. Not meaning any disrespect to Catholic brothers and sisters here, but the mindset of some RCs is difficult to get into.

I'm a baptised Catholic. My immediate family left the RCC some years ago. Catholic Charismatic movement- filled with the Spirit, then found it increasingly difficult to fellowship in the church we we in.

Reaction of wider (still RCC) family was hostile. One beloved Aunt who was kind to me as a child went to her grave never again speaking to any of us. Would walk past us on the street. Some spread falsehoods about us. Still hurting about this today. In fact this was probably the worst hurt I've ever had.

Some thawed out many years later, mainly when they stopped going to Mass themselves. Not because of a spiritual experience, but because of their regular hangovers from the Saturday night. Lots of drinkers in the family. It was more acceptable to stop going to Mass because of alcohol abuse than because of Spiritual reasons. Did eventually get invited to a Wedding, few indeed of the family went out for Holy Communion though. Perhaps hence the invitation.

When contact was eventually renewed and some relatives asked us why we left the RCC we shared the gospel with them and two at least were born again. Not to say anything bad about the RCC, we didn't mention the RCC to them at all. We mentioned Jesus. The Free Pardon God speaks of through the Prophet Isaiah was ace for giving them peace at the end.

Again, I hope any Catholic brothers and sisters here don't take offence. I'm sure they're sincere believers and have fine churches and Catholic relatives. I wish them well. This is just my testimony.
There are, indeed, Catholics, and then there are Catholics, and then again, there are Catholics. Some Catholics think abortion is permissible. Some are holier than the Pope. There are Charismatic Catholics and Franciscan Catholics, and so on. So there are different spiritualities within the Church, and many older Catholics don't understand all that. They think you who went the Charismatic Way, fell off the boat (the barque of Peter). I'm sorry about that. They didn't take the concept of forgiveness to the extent that Jesus taught Peter we must.
Based on my testimony I would advise caution. Your mother hasn't been attending Mass or confession for many years, but she still might consider herself Catholic in a sectarian sort of sense. This can be a powerful and irrational motivation.
There are, indeed, cultural Catholics. I have a sister in law who believes in her own brand of Catholicism. She goes to Sunday Mass on Saturday Morning, and carries her dead husband's ashes in a locket around her neck, while her sons do the same thing. She doesn't know much about the Church's teaching, and shows it. Once she wanted another amulet to carry the ashes around in, and asked if they sold those in a Catholic gift shop. We don't believe that it is canonical to do anything with ashes than bury them or inter them.
My cousin George reportedly told my Uncle many years ago he considered confession nonsensical, his exact words 'making up some expletive to tell the priest'. George remained in the Catholic church and did not talk to us for TWENTY FIVE YEARS even though he used an expletive to refer to confession. His Spiritual condition I would say (and he would probably admit) is Nil. Yet there was this irrational sort of hostility. Them and us.
People don't understand that God has already forgiven us, through the crucifixion, and that confession is to heal ourselves. It's a hard one to believe. I don't go as often as I should.
So I would advise caution. Pray for guidance and for your mother. Pray that she may be born anew. Also be blameless in your relative's eyes, give no cause for reproach. Love them, forgive them. Move slowly, do nothing in anger. But stick firmly to your principles.

The Lord works for the good in all circumstances. I met a Lady, a former Muslim who found Christ and was disowned by her family. I could relate to her and encourage her because I too was disowned by family.

Amen.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You're absolutely right, I repent! I'm going to go buy me a bushel of indulgences. Off to the pardoner.....
Then you'd be doing something that the Church never condoned, never approved, and never sanctioned. Indulgences have never been sold. It's funny how people criticize Catholics so much for doing things that are decidedly not being Catholic...

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Not to jump off topic, but regarding Catholics and their beliefs, sometimes Catholics believe things that are not Catholic teaching, and I'm afraid your mother has fallen into this, and confused you. I would say that you should know what the Catholic Church teaches (by reading the Catechism)before you actually leave the Church. Especially in this age of technology, it's very easy to find what the Church teaches, as well as various misconceptions on just about anything. One thing is true, that your mother said, to a degree. You cannot accept the entirety of Jesus without being Catholic. You can accept most of Him, but not all of Him. Even most Catholics don't really accept the entirety of Jesus. That is a lifelong journey.

I left the Catholic church for the same reasons as the OP. I believe that only God can forgive sins so a priest saying "your sins are forgiven" is just empty words to me. Also I didn't believe in purgatory which is a mainstream Catholic belief.. Like I said I believe that when believers die they go to heaven to be with Jesus. There isn't a place that we go temporarily to cleanse our sins our sins were already paid for when Jesus died on the cross. I realize that many Catholics believe along the lines that I do about life after death. That we go to be with Jesus when we die. Its just that there are several issues with the Catholic church that I just don't agree with. Like for another example how Catholics don't consider scripture to be the final authority. You follow what the pope says too. Martin Luther and myself included believe that scripture should be the final authority. If scripture says we are saved by grace through faith than that's how we are saved. If it says some elephants are pink then they're pink. Scripture should be the final authority. Another issue I had with the catholic church was like you said Catholicism is the only true church. It isn't. I might believe that Peter was the first pope and Catholicism was the only church until Martin Luther corrected many of the things wrong with the Catholic church of his time but scripture says that we are saved by faith. Not by faith + works + the seven sacraments. No scripture says that asll we have to do is ask for salvation and believe and it will be given to us. Any Christian can have a relationship with Jesus. Not just Catholics.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone, I'm Jess. I'm 24 years old, born and raised Catholic, but as of the last couple years, I've left the Catholic church and considered myself a Christian. I've been attending a Baptist church for about a year and a half with my boyfriend and so far I really like it there.

(If anyone is curious, I did not leave the Catholic church because of my boyfriend and it's not like he ever asked me to. I only left Catholicism because I don't believe in praying to Saints, God's forgiveness being only obtainable through confession, or purgatory. No judgement on anyone who does believe those things, but I personally don't. I don't want to start any religious debates, this is purely for context)

My mother, however, has never been okay with this. She believes that because I was raised Catholic, I should always be Catholic, and in her mind I've changed religions, not denominations, religions. Here's the thing: She doesn't go to church anymore. She claims that she doesn't go because she's angry at God for taking her son away (my brother passed away 13 years ago).

Today, my Mum approached me and told me that she just can't be okay with my new faith. She wants to see me married in the Catholic church, by a priest, so she wants me to go back to the Catholic church despite my beliefs. If I do, she says that she'll go back too, because "that's her miracle".

So now, I feel like unless I abandon my convictions and go back to my old church, I'm at fault for her lack of faith, and that thought really makes my heart hurt. What should I do? Any prayers and/or advice is welcome.
If she is willing or able to put her faith up as a bargaining chip, then she never had what Christ asks of us in the way of faith. which is a symptom of a failure on the deminomation level. meaning the church nor it's members should ever feel like they should be in a position to use their faith as leverage to manipulate another person into their own will. if a church or system of belief would tolerate this kind of sinful behavior that church or belief system it self is bad.

I would simply say if you can use your faith as a way to try and manipulate me into doing your bidding, then we do not worship the same God. The God of the bible would never allow Me the power or position to have this much authority as to put your eternal fate in my hands. Your fate is a matter between you and God alone. if your faith is so empty you can make this a matter of you and me, then there is something wrong with your system of belief, which in truth is apart of the reason I left.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I left the Catholic church for the same reasons as the OP. I believe that only God can forgive sins so a priest saying "your sins are forgiven" is just empty words to me.
Only God DOES forgive sins. The priest merely speaks the words to you. Ironically, many sinners find it hard to forgive themselves, that's why this is the sacrament of healing.
Also I didn't believe in purgatory which is a mainstream Catholic belief.. Like I said I believe that when believers die they go to heaven to be with Jesus. There isn't a place that we go temporarily to cleanse our sins our sins were already paid for when Jesus died on the cross. I realize that many Catholics believe along the lines that I do about life after death. That we go to be with Jesus when we die.
Satan believes that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God. He's not in heaven. Therefore, just because you believe, doesn't mean you're going to heaven. IT's a distinction, but we don't get cleansed of sins in purgatory. We are perfected. If you're a sinner, you're going to hell, objectively speaking. But nobody is perfect, and perfection is expected in heaven. Purgatory is a cleansing fire that prepares us for heaven.
Its just that there are several issues with the Catholic church that I just don't agree with. Like for another example how Catholics don't consider scripture to be the final authority. You follow what the pope says too. Martin Luther and myself included believe that scripture should be the final authority. If scripture says we are saved by grace through faith than that's how we are saved. If it says some elephants are pink then they're pink. Scripture should be the final authority.
Another mistaken impression. We believe the Word of God is the final authority. Where you may be misunderstanding is what constitutes the Word of God. We believe God still speaks to His Church.
Another issue I had with the catholic church was like you said Catholicism is the only true church. It isn't. I might believe that Peter was the first pope and Catholicism was the only church until Martin Luther corrected many of the things wrong with the Catholic church of his time but scripture says that we are saved by faith. Not by faith + works + the seven sacraments. No scripture says that asll we have to do is ask for salvation and believe and it will be given to us. Any Christian can have a relationship with Jesus. Not just Catholics.
Well, then you contradict Jesus. Jesus said His Church would never be destroyed, never end. He said He would be with His Church until the end of the age (when He would return). And actually, while Luther may have identified some human things that were wrong in the Church, he made it worse by what he did. He was actually mistaken about lots of things he saw as wrong. Luther did identify some things that men were doing, actually terrible things, but not things the Church teaches to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, I'm Jess. I'm 24 years old, born and raised Catholic, but as of the last couple years, I've left the Catholic church and considered myself a Christian. I've been attending a Baptist church for about a year and a half with my boyfriend and so far I really like it there.

(If anyone is curious, I did not leave the Catholic church because of my boyfriend and it's not like he ever asked me to. I only left Catholicism because I don't believe in praying to Saints, God's forgiveness being only obtainable through confession, or purgatory. No judgement on anyone who does believe those things, but I personally don't. I don't want to start any religious debates, this is purely for context)

My mother, however, has never been okay with this. She believes that because I was raised Catholic, I should always be Catholic, and in her mind I've changed religions, not denominations, religions. Here's the thing: She doesn't go to church anymore. She claims that she doesn't go because she's angry at God for taking her son away (my brother passed away 13 years ago).

Today, my Mum approached me and told me that she just can't be okay with my new faith. She wants to see me married in the Catholic church, by a priest, so she wants me to go back to the Catholic church despite my beliefs. If I do, she says that she'll go back too, because "that's her miracle".

This will probably be hard to do but you need to tell you mother that her faith cannot rely on or depend on you. It must rely solely on God or it is not genuine. What she is doing is, forgive me for saying this but, it’s manipulative. Perhaps you should explain to her that purgatory is a false teaching that according to the catechism became a doctrine in 1439AD during the worst time in history for the Roman Church. This was during the inquisitions where the Roman church was arresting, imprisoning, torturing, and executing nonbelievers. The church does not deny these facts. This was also during the exact time when the Roman church was abusing the selling of indulgences (forgiveness of sins in exchange for tithes). Purgatory offered a way for the church to solicit more indulgences. Furthermore the Orthodox Church which is also an apostolic church refutes the idea of purgatory. I’m betting she probably doesn’t know the full history of the Roman Church. Rome is completely alone in the belief of purgatory. The point of all this is to try to get her to join your church. Express to her the importance of fully trusting in Jesus Christ as her only means of atonement and salvation. There is nothing in the Bible that says anything about atonement after death. Some will quote 1 Corinthians 3:15 which is a parable taken completely out of context. Read verses 1-10 and see if Paul is saying anything about atonement or salvation. He’s talking about how we receive rewards according to our works. Hopefully you can talk her into going to your church. Sorry I’d like to continue but I have to go now. God bless.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Jess,

How much of Scottish and Irish history do you really know ,and how much do you know about what has been taught in British schools the since the universal education was introduced ? I have just mentioned about ignorance, lies and distortions about history and literature by the protestant culture of the U.K.

It is true that their are uneccessary additions in Roman Catholicism,but in spite
of that ,and the rather simple souls one finds in all walks of life ,I am sure that since the heart is what God looks at ,that there are many more souls from Catholic backgrounds in Heaven, than that of protestants whose capacity for hatred and predjudice and to distort the truth of history is unequaled .

Take the blinkers off and begin your education of the Truth .This is not to support the RCC as my family have never been into the extras of the Church ,not ever .

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How much of Scottish and Irish history do you really know ,and how much do you know about what has been taught in British schools the since the universal education was introduced ? I have just mentioned about ignorance, lies and distortions about history and literature by the protestant culture of the U.K.

It is true that their are uneccessary additions in Roman Catholicism,but in spite
of that ,and the rather simple souls one finds in all walks of life ,I am sure that since the heart is what God looks at ,that there are many more souls from Catholic backgrounds in Heaven, than that of protestants whose capacity for hatred and predjudice and to distort the truth of history is unequaled .

Take the blinkers off and begin your education of the Truth .This is not to support the RCC as my family have never been into the extras of the Church ,not ever .

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your post. I know a wee bit about Scottish History. I agree that the Lord looks on the heart and I know there are many Catholics with the Lord, my own grandparents among them. I would not consider myself either a Catholic or a Protestant. I am a baptised Catholic, I do not have any affiliation with any Presbyterian group. I am not sure to what you're referring that I have blinkers on. Can you PM me so as not to derail the OP. Thanks and God Bless :)

Reactions: Joan Lamb
Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Robin,

Thank you for your post. I know a wee bit about Scottish History. I agree that the Lord looks on the heart and I know there are many Catholics with the Lord, my own grandparents among them. I would not consider myself either a Catholic or a Protestant. I am a baptised Catholic, I do not have any affiliation with any Presbyterian group. I am not sure to what you're referring that I have blinkers on. Can you PM me so as not to derail the OP. Thanks and God Bless :)
I am not suggesting you have blinkers , any more than all of humanity ,but since history is written by the powerful ,and most often the aggressor ,we need to work hard to take off blinkers which we grow up with .This can be in any area ,in religion ,in science ,in politics or recognised history by the establishment ,of the promotion oof ones own culture at the expense of the ignoring and debasing of the culture of others .We can only be truly christian when we have searched as best we can for the truth .

In the past this would have been impossible for anyone , never mind the masses ,but in this day of world wide info there is no excuse . Except to God there is no absolute truth ,but if we are truly seeking with the good intention of the best for humanity under God , that is all that matters .

Here we see people who are not wise spiritually who say my Chruch has all the answers ,and your has all the faults . When you see people who cannot see
positive ,as well as the negative in any group, you know they are not working from the Spirit , but from fear and ignorance, which work together

Upvote 0

Karin12414

Nothing is impossible for my God!
Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
One of the things that I hate about protestants is their ignorance of history ,culture ,and their total lack of wholeness

Please be careful when generalizing and using the word "hate". Not ALL protestants are ignorant of history and culture. I know quite a few Baptists that are very knowledgeable about the history and cultures of many different places. I also know some that don't know a single thing and some in the middle, like myself, that are still learning.

As I stated earlier, there is NO denomination better than an other. ALL Churches are (supposed to be) part of the Universal Bride and Christ peruses ALL of them. So, being a Christian, making a statement like "I hate protestants" is equal to claiming you hate a piece of the Bride or a Piece of the Body of Christ. You can't love God but "hate" some of His people.

I understand what you meant by the statement, but you have to be very careful when you state things like that. Especially when talking to or around non-believers that are searching for a Church they could fit in.

As much as I hate it, the world has become very sensitive about word choice and we have to be the most mindful of our choices in words because the world is watching us with a magnifying glass.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0