Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was on lexapro but stopped. I am now back on meds which include a SSRI and a medicine for OCD. Started them again 3 weeks ago. Neither of them are helping me.

I did alcohol(not daily but I did binge drink to the point of blacking out). I did smoke weed daily for a brief period of time as well. However my dead heart lasted longer than that. I was just not aware of how dead my heart was until I attempted to repent.

You're right. A part of me died. I really want to repent in soul and spirit also but I don't think it's possible(hebrews 6).
Are you retarded?

Seriously are you retrded or have a learning disablity or something? then read your open ing post then read hebrews 6:4-13
4-6 After people have left the way of Christ, can you make them change their lives again? I am talking about people who once learned the truth, received God’s gift, and shared in the Holy Spirit. They were blessed to hear God’s good message and see the great power of his new world. But then they left it all behind, and it is not possible to make them change again. That’s because those who leave Christ are nailing him to the cross again, shaming him before everyone.

7 Some people are like land that gets plenty of rain and produces a good crop for those who farm it. That kind of land has God’s blessing. 8 But other people are like land that grows only thorns and weeds. It is worthless and in danger of being cursed by God. It will be destroyed by fire.

9 Dear friends, I am not saying this because I think it is happening to you. We really expect that you will do better—that you will do the good things that will result in your salvation. 10 God is fair, and he will remember all the work you have done. He will remember that you showed your love to him by helping his people and that you continue to help them. 11 We want each of you to be willing and eager to show your love like that the rest of your life. Then you will be sure to get what you hope for. 12 We don’t want you to be lazy. We want you to be like those who, because of their faith and patience, will get what God has promised.

what did the first line say? is it possible for a 3rd part to change the mind of someone who knew christ and then walked away?

Now read your OP again... did a 3rd party try and convert you back or is it like you said? You said you saw the wrong and repented... this is why I'm asking if you have a learning disablity. because a 3rd party reconversion is what the hebrews writter is speaking of... not an internal change.

You problem is not a hebrews 6 problem it is a longing for sin problem. you mouthed the repentance but your heart belongs to sin. it like saying your sorry but not being sorry.. it like being addicted you feel bad because you know your not suppoed to do it your sorry only because yu have been caught, you are walking the straight and narrow because you are being watch but dee down are waiting for another oppertunity to sin.

Which is what romans 7 the passage I left you was all about of you took time to read it and if your not learning disabled.

Again life as a bible based Christian is NOT about living sin free it is about turning on sin. hating sin putting sin out of our hearts because as Paul points out in this life we will sin as long as we draw breath. to the point of salvation is to hate the sin and love the law.

You seem to be backwards in loving the sin and hating the law.

If you want to be reunited with the Spirit ask him to take the desire you have for this sin away. help you hate the sin and love the law.. help you nderstand the book of romans and read it. as it talks about how we as christians deal with the sin we have to live with in this life.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Are you retarded?

Seriously are you retrded or have a learning disablity or something? then read your open ing post then read hebrews 6:4-13
4-6 After people have left the way of Christ, can you make them change their lives again? I am talking about people who once learned the truth, received God’s gift, and shared in the Holy Spirit. They were blessed to hear God’s good message and see the great power of his new world. But then they left it all behind, and it is not possible to make them change again. That’s because those who leave Christ are nailing him to the cross again, shaming him before everyone.

7 Some people are like land that gets plenty of rain and produces a good crop for those who farm it. That kind of land has God’s blessing. 8 But other people are like land that grows only thorns and weeds. It is worthless and in danger of being cursed by God. It will be destroyed by fire.

9 Dear friends, I am not saying this because I think it is happening to you. We really expect that you will do better—that you will do the good things that will result in your salvation. 10 God is fair, and he will remember all the work you have done. He will remember that you showed your love to him by helping his people and that you continue to help them. 11 We want each of you to be willing and eager to show your love like that the rest of your life. Then you will be sure to get what you hope for. 12 We don’t want you to be lazy. We want you to be like those who, because of their faith and patience, will get what God has promised.

what did the first line say? is it possible for a 3rd part to change the mind of someone who knew christ and then walked away?

Now read your OP again... did a 3rd party try and convert you back or is it like you said? You said you saw the wrong and repented... this is why I'm asking if you have a learning disablity. because a 3rd party reconversion is what the hebrews writter is speaking of... not an internal change.

You problem is not a hebrews 6 problem it is a longing for sin problem. you mouthed the repentance but your heart belongs to sin. it like saying your sorry but not being sorry.. it like being addicted you feel bad because you know your not suppoed to do it your sorry only because yu have been caught, you are walking the straight and narrow because you are being watch but dee down are waiting for another oppertunity to sin.

Which is what romans 7 the passage I left you was all about of you took time to read it and if your not learning disabled.

Again life as a bible based Christian is NOT about living sin free it is about turning on sin. hating sin putting sin out of our hearts because as Paul points out in this life we will sin as long as we draw breath. to the point of salvation is to hate the sin and love the law.

You seem to be backwards in loving the sin and hating the law.

If you want to be reunited with the Spirit ask him to take the desire you have for this sin away. help you hate the sin and love the law.. help you nderstand the book of romans and read it. as it talks about how we as christians deal with the sin we have to live with in this life.

I've already prayed for that and I suggest you rethink on that interpretation. If you call me a retard at least type in coherent English.

I would do anything for genuine repentance and hating my sin. Repentance is only possible if the Spirit will grant me it and so far I haven't been able to.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was on lexapro but stopped. I am now back on meds which include a SSRI and a medicine for OCD. Started them again 3 weeks ago. Neither of them are helping me.
Prescription pills that treat psychological problems have similar effects to illegal drugs(= opium/opiod, heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, etc), alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, etc, ie they damage the brain and cause addiction/dependency after daily use for more than a month.
....... Best to avoid any kind of prescription psychotropic pills because God did not create us to need them. Temporary use to alleviate a crisis/stress is OK. Those who are not too deeply-addicted can try the Tapering-Off method to quit being addicted.

So, likely you have brain damage or brain chemistry alteration and have been experiencing withdrawal symptoms from the prescription pills, which can include depression or low emotions, suicidal thoughts, lethargy, anxiety, racing mind, etc.
....... Try to not lose faith in Jesus Christ/God throughout your present spiritual struggle. Other Gentile Christians have also gone through something similar as yours and escaped unscathed, ie still alive and kicking.

Lexapro is an anti-depressant. Weed and alcohol produce euphoria/high, calmness, mental relaxation, etc. Suddenly stopping taking weed or alcohol causes depression. Maybe what you have been doing with your medication is trying to put out a fire with oil, ie your mental problems exacerbated = the doctors profit more.

In normal people, their brains begin to secrete more stimulating neurotransmitters when the sun rises in the morning(=triggered by light sensors in the eyes), eg serotonin, dopamine, adrenaline, acetyl choline, etc which serve to elevate mood, improve mental concentration, alertness, increase energy level and muscle strength, etc, in order to prepare the body for a day of physical activity to earn their livelihood(=in ancient times, it was farming, hunting, fishing, etc) or to start the work-day.
.......Conversely, their brains begin to secrete more sedating neurotransmitters when the sun sets at night, eg GABA, endorphin(=painkiller and anti-depressant), melatonin(=sleepiness), etc; which serve to slow down(=inhibit) and calm the mind, relax the muscles, numb down any pain/depression, etc, in order to prepare the body for a night of restful sleep.

Psychotropic drugs are artificial analogues of these natural neuroT's produced by the brain, ie drugs mimic neuroT's. Alcohol, heroin, morphine, oxycodone(=opiod painkiller), anxiolytics/sleeping pills, anesthetics, etc are sedatives. Caffeine, nicotine, methamphetamine/ice, cocaine, etc are stimulants.
.......Such artificial drugs cause tempting emotions of euphoria or total calmness and addiction/dependency when they are wrongly and excessively used. Eg Opiod painkillers, anti-anxiety pills and sleeping pills should be taken at the prescribed dosage and for not more than 3 weeks.

Also, children of alcoholics(and/or drug-addicts) will inherit alcoholism(= born with altered or damaged DNA/brains, eg crack-babies and meth-babies) and will grow up to experience the associated withdrawal symptoms = abnormal or defective personality. The withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism are symptoms of an over-active, uncalm and over-sensitive brain = nervousness/anxieties, sweaty palms, muscle tics, over-thinking, difficulty falling asleep/insomnia, paranoia, delusions, etc.

This is bc alcohol(and also prescription anxiolytics, depressant, sleeping pills, etc) works by slowing down brain activity, calming the person, relaxing muscles and numbing pain, resulting in sedation, anxiolysis, mental relaxation, elimination of social inhibition, slowed muscle coordination, painlessness, etc.
.......Over-consumption of alcohol result in drunkenness(=brain becomes too slow and too calm) and eventually a comatosed sleep(brain activity stopped) and waking up with hangover headaches.

Alcohol, being an analogue of the brain's own naturally-produced neuroT's(=GABA, endorphin, melatonin, etc). When consumed daily and long term(= more than 1 month), it will result in the brain stopping the production of its own neuroTs = the body's/brain's negative-feedback response system. This results in addiction or dependency, ie the altered/damaged-brain requires alcohol in order to function normally.

Once addicted, alcoholics or the descendants of alcoholics(or drug-addicts) should remain on a maintenance dose of alcohol or anxiolytic pills, in order to stave off the terrible withdrawal symptoms(= Delirium Tremens). This is similar to a Type2 diabetic, who has damaged pancreas, being "addicted/dependent" on daily doses of life-sustaining insulin to survive for the rest of his/her life, in order for the body to function normally, wrt blood glucose level; if not...

The other alternative is for the alcoholics to keep themselves off alcohol and become social recluse since their brains cannot function normally without alcohol. Their life will be filled with withdrawal symptoms, eg an uncalm and over-active mind(= nervousness/anxiety).

Often, alcoholics and drug addicts may replace their addiction with another addictive drug like prescription pills, nicotine, caffeine, cocaine, etc, which is not the same as being really cured of addiction or being fully rehabilitated.

Bear in mind that the average adult body eliminates alcohol at a constant rate of about 30ml per hour. What does this mean.?
.......1 bottle of red wine(=750ml at 13% concentration of alcohol) has about 90ml of alcohol. Drinking 1 bottle of wine at 1 go will leave the body with more than 60ml of alcohol in the bloodstream during the 1st hour. This enhances the calming or sedating effects of alcohol that has been consumed, compared to just drinking 2 glasses of red wine(=no kick). That is why many alcoholics go for binge-drinking, in order to get more "bang"(effects) out of it, ie drinking 2-3 bottles of beer at one sitting.

The body's natural Fight-or-Flight response can also affect normal people, addicts and the descendants of addicts, depending on their life choices, ie may result in Bipolar Disorder or cycles of mania and depression, if they choose an outgoing lifestyle and job description.
.......This naturally built-in F-o-F response is to cater for emergency situations, eg stumbling upon a tiger while hunting in the jungle. This response enables the person to either flee from or fight off the tiger by giving him/her superhuman-strength, -energy, -concentration, -confidence, -painlessness, -alertness, -elevated mood, -etc.

If used smartly and judiciously(=no over-consumption), alcoholics, drug-addicts and smokers can live quite long, eg Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, etc.. Suddenly, skipping the prescribed medication or going cold turkey on drugs/alcohol may be more risky and/or life-threatening, eg make rash life decisions, brain haemorrhage/stroke or heart failure.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Of course, God/Jesus can also heal drug addiction or any other disease/disorder but normally they are rare occurences except during the very important ministry of Moses and Jesus Christ.

Sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking often lead to calamities, terror, sickness, demon-possession, etc and early death.(DEUT.28:15, 1COR.5:5 & 11:30, 1JOHN.5:16) God's/Jesus's power of healing the above is similar to President Trump's power to pardon convicted criminals who have repented/rehabilitated. Such powers are rarely exercised, ie God and the POTUS often just allow the Law to takes its own course = sinners/criminals often reap what they have sown or karma is a beetch.

P S - Another medication to avoid long term use is steroids(= hormones), eg betasone, methasone, prednisone, etc for anti-inflammation and anti-rejection. Also birth-control pills = the pills are fattening due to increased appetite.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Prescription pills that treat psychological problems have similar effects to illegal drugs(= opium/opiod, heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, etc), alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, etc, ie they damage the brain and cause addiction/dependency after daily use for more than a month.
....... Best to avoid any kind of prescription psychotropic pills because God did not create us to need them. Temporary use to alleviate a crisis/stress is OK. Those who are not too deeply-addicted can try the Tapering-Off method to quit being addicted.

So, likely you have brain damage or brain chemistry alteration and have been experiencing withdrawal symptoms from the prescription pills, which can include depression or low emotions, suicidal thoughts, lethargy, anxiety, racing mind, etc.
....... Try to not lose faith in Jesus Christ/God throughout your present spiritual struggle. Other Gentile Christians have also gone through something similar as yours and escaped unscathed, ie still alive and kicking.

In normal people, their brains begin to secrete more stimulating neurotransmitters when the sun rises in the morning(=triggered by light sensors in the eyes), eg serotonin, dopamine, adrenaline, acetyl choline, etc which serve to elevate mood, improve mental concentration, alertness, increase energy level and muscle strength, etc, in order to prepare the body for a day of physical activity to earn their livelihood(=in ancient times, it was farming, hunting, fishing, etc) or to start the work-day.
.......Conversely, their brains begin to secrete more sedating neurotransmitters when the sun sets at night, eg GABA, endorphin(=painkiller and anti-depressant), melatonin(=sleepiness), etc; which serve to slow down(=inhibit) and calm the mind, relax the muscles, numb down any pain/depression, etc, in order to prepare the body for a night of restful sleep.

Psychotropic drugs are artificial analogues of these natural neuroT's produced by the brain, ie drugs mimic neuroT's. Alcohol, heroin, morphine, oxycodone(=opiod painkiller), anxiolytics/sleeping pills, anesthetics, etc are sedatives. Caffeine, nicotine, methamphetamine/ice, cocaine, etc are stimulants.
.......Such artificial drugs cause tempting emotions of euphoria or total calmness and addiction/dependency when they are wrongly and excessively used. Eg Opiod painkillers, anti-anxiety pills and sleeping pills should be taken at the prescribed dosage and for not more than 3 weeks.

Also, children of alcoholics(and/or drug-addicts) will inherit alcoholism(= born with altered or damaged DNA/brains, eg crack-babies and meth-babies) and will grow up to experience the associated withdrawal symptoms = abnormal or defective personality. The withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism are symptoms of an over-active, uncalm and over-sensitive brain = nervousness/anxieties, sweaty palms, muscle tics, over-thinking, difficulty falling asleep/insomnia, paranoia, delusions, etc.

This is bc alcohol(and also prescription anxiolytics, depressant, sleeping pills, etc) works by slowing down brain activity, calming the person, relaxing muscles and numbing pain, resulting in sedation, anxiolysis, mental relaxation, elimination of social inhibition, slowed muscle coordination, painlessness, etc.
.......Over-consumption of alcohol result in drunkenness(=brain becomes too slow and too calm) and eventually a comatosed sleep(brain activity stopped) and waking up with hangover headaches.

Alcohol, being an analogue of the brain's own naturally-produced neuroT's(=GABA, endorphin, melatonin, etc). When consumed daily and long term(= more than 1 month), it will result in the brain stopping the production of its own neuroTs = the body's/brain's negative-feedback response system. This results in addiction or dependency, ie the altered/damaged-brain requires alcohol in order to function normally.

Once addicted, alcoholics or the descendants of alcoholics(or drug-addicts) should remain on a maintenance dose of alcohol or anxiolytic pills, in order to stave off the terrible withdrawal symptoms(= Delirium Tremens). This is similar to a Type2 diabetic, who has damaged pancreas, being "addicted/dependent" on daily doses of life-sustaining insulin to survive for the rest of his/her life, in order for the body to function normally, wrt blood glucose level; if not...

The other alternative is for the alcoholics to keep themselves off alcohol and become social recluse since their brains cannot function normally without alcohol. Their life will be filled with withdrawal symptoms, eg an uncalm and over-active mind(= nervousness/anxiety).

Often, alcoholics and drug addicts may replace their addiction with another addictive drug like prescription pills, nicotine, caffeine, cocaine, etc, which is not the same as being really cured of addiction or being fully rehabilitated.

Bear in mind that the average adult body eliminates alcohol at a constant rate of about 30ml per hour. What does this mean.?
.......1 bottle of red wine(=750ml at 13% concentration of alcohol) has about 90ml of alcohol. Drinking 1 bottle of wine at 1 go will leave the body with more than 60ml of alcohol in the bloodstream during the 1st hour. This enhances the calming or sedating effects of alcohol that has been consumed, compared to just drinking 2 glasses of red wine(=no kick). That is why many alcoholics go for binge-drinking, in order to get more "bang"(effects) out of it, ie drinking 2-3 bottles of beer at one sitting.

The body's natural Fight-or-Flight response can also affect normal people, addicts and the descendants of addicts, depending on their life choices, ie may result in Bipolar Disorder or cycles of mania and depression, if they choose an outgoing lifestyle and job description.
.......This naturally built-in F-o-F response is to cater for emergency situations, eg stumbling upon a tiger while hunting in the jungle. This response enables the person to either flee from or fight off the tiger by giving him/her superhuman-strength, -energy, -concentration, -confidence, -painlessness, -alertness, -elevated mood, -etc.

If used smartly and judiciously(=no over-consumption), alcoholics, drug-addicts and smokers can live quite long, eg Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, etc.. Suddenly, skipping the prescribed medication or going cold turkey on drugs/alcohol may be more risky and/or life-threatening, eg make rash life decisions, brain haemorrhage/stroke or heart failure.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Of course, God/Jesus can also heal drug addiction or any other disease/disorder but normally they are rare occurences except during the very important ministry of Moses and Jesus Christ.

Sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking often lead to calamities, terror, sickness, demon-possession, etc and early death.(DEUT.28:15, 1COR.5:5 & 11:30, 1JOHN.5:16) God's/Jesus's power of healing the above is similar to President Trump's power to pardon convicted criminals who have repented/rehabilitated. Such powers are rarely exercised, ie God and the POTUS often just allow the Law to takes its own course = sinners/criminals often reap what they have sown or karma is a beetch.

P S - Another medication to avoid long term use is steroids(= hormones), eg betasone, methasone, prednisone, etc for anti-inflammation and anti-rejection. Also birth-control pills = the pills are fattening due to increased appetite.

I think my problems began before my prescription meds. I don't even have depression. I am just numb and incapable of feeling really anything. Even I have to "force" myself to get angry.

I learned a lot from your post though and I definitely will avoid alcohol. Already have been.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think my problems began before my prescription meds. I don't even have depression. I am just numb and incapable of feeling really anything. Even I have to "force" myself to get angry.
Lexapro is an anti-depressant that messes with the brain's serotonin level. Weed and alcohol produce euphoria/high, calmness, mental relaxation, etc. Suddenly stopping taking weed or alcohol causes depression or numbness, lethargy, etc. Maybe what you have been doing with your medication is trying to put out a fire with oil, ie your mental problems were exacerbated by the prescription pills = the doctors profit more.

https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/05/07/lexapro-withdrawal-symptoms-how-long-do-they-last/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lexapro is an anti-depressant that messes with the brain's serotonin level. Weed and alcohol produce euphoria/high, calmness, mental relaxation, etc. Suddenly stopping taking weed or alcohol causes depression or numbness, lethargy, etc. Maybe what you have been doing with your medication is trying to put out a fire with oil, ie your mental problems were exacerbated by the prescription pills = the doctors profit more.

https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/05/07/lexapro-withdrawal-symptoms-how-long-do-they-last/

Interesting one of the things I experienced in the symptoms of withdrawl here is the "brain shocks". I tried to explain that to my parents but they thought it was just my imagination or a nerve thing. I insisted on it so much.

However my numbness is more of a moral thing. I can still function but I have no passion as a human being. Like I don't have any dreams or ambitions. When I was a teenager I was FULL of ambition and dreams. Now I'm just an empty shell. This happened shortly after I backslid as a Christian so I think it's a spiritual matter but you might be right.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Question: "Does Hebrews 6:4-6 mean we can lose our salvation?"

Answer:
Hebrews 6:4-6 states, “For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.” This is one of the Bible’s most difficult passages to interpret, but one thing is clear—it does not teach that we can lose our salvation. There are two valid ways of looking at these verses:

One interpretation holds that this passage is written not about Christians but about unbelievers who are convinced of the basic truths of the gospel but who have not placed their faith in Jesus Christ as Savior. They are intellectually persuaded but spiritually uncommitted.

According to this interpretation, the phrase “once enlightened” (verse 4) refers to some level of instruction in biblical truth. However, understanding the words of scripture is not the same as being regenerated by the Holy Spirit. For example, John 1:9 describes Jesus, the “true Light,” giving light “to every man”; but this cannot mean the light of salvation, because not every man is saved. Through God’s sovereign power, every man has enough light to be held responsible. This light either leads to the complete acceptance of Jesus Christ or produces condemnation in those who reject such light. The people described in Hebrews 6:4-6 are of the latter group—unbelievers who have been exposed to God’s redemptive truth and perhaps have made a profession of faith, but have not exercised genuine saving faith.

This interpretation also sees the phrase “tasted the heavenly gift” (Hebrews 6:9) as referring to a momentary experience, akin to Jesus’ “tasting” death (Hebrews 2:9). This brief experience with the heavenly gift is not seen as equivalent to salvation; rather, it is likened to the second and third soils in Jesus’ parable (Matthew 13:3-23), which describes people who receive the truth of the gospel but are not truly saved.

Finally, this interpretation sees the “falling away” (Hebrews 6:6) as a reference to those who have tasted the truth but, not having come all the way to faith, fall away from even the revelation they have been given. The tasting of truth is not enough to keep them from falling away from it. They must come all the way to Christ in complete repentance and faith; otherwise, they in effect re-crucify Christ and treat Him contemptuously. Those who sin against Christ in such a way have no hope of restoration or forgiveness because they reject Him with full knowledge and conscious experience. They have concluded that Jesus should have been crucified, and they stand with His enemies. It is impossible to renew such to repentance.

The other interpretation holds that this passage is written about Christians, and that the phrases “partakers of the Holy Ghost,” “enlightened,” and “tasted of the heavenly gift” are all descriptions of true believers.

According to this interpretation, the key word in the passage is if (verse 6). The writer of Hebrews is setting up a hypothetical statement: “IF a Christian were to fall away . . .” The point being made is that it would be impossible (IF a Christian falls away) to renew salvation. That’s because Christ died once for sin (Hebrews 9:28), and if His sacrifice is insufficient, then there’s no hope at all.

The passage, therefore, presents an argument based on a false premise (that a true Christian can fall away) and follows it to its senseless conclusion (that Jesus would have to be sacrificed again and again). The absurdity of the conclusion points up the impossibility of the original assumption. This reasoning is called reductio ad absurdum, in which a premise is disproved by showing that it logically leads to an absurdity.

Both of these interpretations support the security of the believer in Christ. The first interpretation presents unbelievers rejecting Christ and thereby losing their chance of salvation; the second interpretation presents the very idea of believers losing salvation as impossible. Many scriptures make it abundantly clear that salvation is eternal (John 10:27-29; Romans 8:35, 38-39; Philippians 1:6; 1 Peter 1:4-5), and Hebrews 6:4-6 confirms that doctrine.

www.gotquestions.org/Hebrews-6.html
Yes it does. The rest is really weasling out of the obvious thinking the author presented. It is actually what one could laugh about if it were not so serious that some who believed this did not take the warnings of JEsus to take care and were careless in their lives. They came to him "Lord, lord" expecting a welcome and he said he did not know them. HUmmmm. The theology was not a substitute for knowing Jesus.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Repentance is only possible if the Spirit will grant me it and so far I haven't been able to.

That is a bunch of hooey, repentance comes from your heart. I have noticed a pattern that you believe many wrong things

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟674,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Repentance is only possible if the Spirit will grant me it and so far I haven't been able to.

Why is repentance only possible if the Spirit will grant it to you? In Acts 2:38 , sinners were called to repent first, " Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'
Repentance came first. It sounds like you have already repented which is evidenced by your having changed your habits. What do you mean by repentance when you say it is only possible if the Spirit grants it? Isn't the repentance the part that is our responsibility and salvation the free gift we are given?

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
However my numbness is more of a moral thing. I can still function but I have no passion as a human being. Like I don't have any dreams or ambitions. When I was a teenager I was FULL of ambition and dreams. Now I'm just an empty shell. This happened shortly after I backslid as a Christian so I think it's a spiritual matter but you might be right.
Your spiritual numbness is likely caused by the many troubles in your life which were the results of your sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking, eg imbibing mentally intoxicating stuffs, sexual immorality, following the greed/lust/pride of the world, etc = the absence of a healthy mind, peace, love and joy in your earthly life. You may be like a mentally or physically disabled person.

So, first you need to accept the fact that "you reap what you have sown", then minimize the damage done by your sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking and try to recover and adapt the best you can.
........ Remember that this temporary life on earth, no matter how depressing and sad, is a small thing compared to eternal life in the kingdom of heaven through faith in Jesus Christ, ie die a natural death, be resurrected/raptured, ... and spend an eternity with God.

P S - The false Hyper-Grace doctrine gives Christians the license-to-sin, ie the half-true belief that no sin/evil-deed/law-breaking, even if intentional, can cause them to lose their salvation, which has been attained by faith in Christ. Some adherents even falsely believe that God will not curse/punish them for their sins/evil-deeds because of the atoning blood of Jesus Christ.(cf; HEBREWS.10:26-31) Problem is, the truth is that the wages of sin are early death, sicknesses, calamities, terror, etc on earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That is a bunch of hooey, repentance comes from your heart. I have noticed a pattern that you believe many wrong things
Why is repentance only possible if the Spirit will grant it to you? In Acts 2:38 , sinners were called to repent first, " Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'
Repentance came first. It sounds like you have already repented which is evidenced by your having changed your habits. What do you mean by repentance when you say it is only possible if the Spirit grants it? Isn't the repentance the part that is our responsibility and salvation the free gift we are given?

There's two stages of repentance. There's a mental turning around of 180 degrees. Then after that comes the other stage of repentance which is the regeneration(being reborn into God's family which changes your nature). I can achieve the first part but I am not getting regenerated again. That can only happen once apparently.

Your spiritual numbness is likely caused by the many troubles in your life which were the results of your sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking, eg imbibing mentally intoxicating stuffs, sexual immorality, following the greed/lust/pride of the world, etc = the absence of a healthy mind, peace, love and joy in your earthly life. You may be like a mentally or physically disabled person.

So, first you need to accept the fact that "you reap what you have sown", then minimize the damage done by your sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking and try to recover and adapt the best you can.
........ Remember that this temporary life on earth, no matter how depressing and sad, is a small thing compared to eternal life in the kingdom of heaven through faith in Jesus Christ, ie die a natural death, be resurrected/raptured, ... and spend an eternity with God.

P S - The false Hyper-Grace doctrine gives Christians the license-to-sin, ie the half-true belief that no sin/evil-deed/law-breaking, even if intentional, can cause them to lose their salvation, which has been attained by faith in Christ. Some adherents even falsely believe that God will not curse/punish them for their sins/evil-deeds because of the atoning blood of Jesus Christ.(cf; HEBREWS.10:26-31) Problem is, the truth is that the wages of sin are early death, sicknesses, calamities, terror, etc on earth.

You are so right. I keep thinking to myself about how I am reaping what I've sown. If only I had listened to the verse that says "Those who sow according to the flesh will reap destruction." but like the fool I was, I didn't think that applied to me. Well it clearly does.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anger is a root of depression. That you cannot feel anger might mean that you really have pushed those feelings deep... I will pray for you that you can find a way to write down all the things that you remember used to make you angry... and be able to talk back to them and be well. :prayer:

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Yes it does. The rest is really weasling out of the obvious thinking the author presented. It is actually what one could laugh about if it were not so serious that some who believed this did not take the warnings of JEsus to take care and were careless in their lives.

Eternal security of the believer versus losing one's salvation is a very old debate. After much study, I believe a believer's salvation is eternally secure. It is taught throughout the Scriptures. The most powerful argument for eternal security is Romans 8:38-39:

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
God's greatest act of love was the giving of His only Son, that whoever believes in Him, will not perish but have eternal life. As the verse above says, nothing in all of creation can separate us from that love, nothing.

They came to him "Lord, lord" expecting a welcome and he said he did not know them. HUmmmm. The theology was not a substitute for knowing Jesus.

These people were not known by Jesus because they were never saved. They had never rightly believed in Jesus and his Gospel, for the salvation from the penalty of their sins. A couple groups that fit into this category are the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons, as well as, ever professing believer who is trusting in anything else (church attendance, good works, moral behavior, 'my good will outweigh my bad', etc) other than Jesus alone, to save them from their sins.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's two stages of repentance. There's a mental turning around of 180 degrees. Then after that comes the other stage of repentance which is the regeneration(being reborn into God's family which changes your nature). I can achieve the first part but I am not getting regenerated again. That can only happen once apparently.

You can only receive initial salvation once, it seem your trying to do something that well frankly does not need to be done. You also have some very wrong ideas, once you repent that is it now you must accept it and I can see you do not want to accept forgiveness because you think your so bad. The truth is your forgiven and big deal you do not feel anything sometimes you will not; I do not feel saved all the time and to think someone would is just feel saved all the time is just silly.

Everyone goes through what your experience stop whining and accept God forgiveness. God has forgiven you but you refuse to let Him because you will not forgive yourself. It is just that simple learn to forgive yourself. You learned many lies you need to let them go.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eternal security of the believer versus losing one's salvation is a very old debate.
No, actually it is relatively new. No one who wrote the Bible believed this nor taught it. You will not find those words in the Bible at all. And they warned against falling away.
After much study, I believe a believer's salvation is eternally secure. It is taught throughout the Scriptures. The most powerful argument for eternal security is Romans 8:38-39:

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus taught that in the last days he was speaking of, many would fall away from the faith. Jesus taught clearly in the parable of the different kinds of dirt that some become believers for a time. They are saved but fall away. This is exactly what we see in people we know.

The verse you present leaves out personal choice. Nothing from the outside can do this but we from the inside can. This you have to ignore. Free will is suddenly gone.​

God's greatest act of love was the giving of His only Son, that whoever believes in Him, will not perish but have eternal life. As the verse above says, nothing in all of creation can separate us from that love, nothing.
So the greatest act of love is followed by a mental prison where man is robbed of free will. Even the Devil does not do that although in his evil mind he would like to do so. God does not rob any man of free will. All can come and all can go. He does not stop us. Notice JEsus never promised to keep your decision to believe for you.
These people were not known by Jesus because they were never saved.
They called out on the name of the Lord. They were saved and walked away. NO atheist is going to come to Jesus and say "lord lord."
They had never rightly believed in Jesus and his Gospel, for the salvation from the penalty of their sins.
That is not the reason JEsus gave. He said it was because they never had relationship with him. He did not tell them that they did not believe in Him or the Gospel.
A couple groups that fit into this category are the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons, as well as, ever professing believer who is trusting in anything else (church attendance, good works, moral behavior, 'my good will outweigh my bad', etc) other than Jesus alone, to save them from their sins.
That is what the men you studied instead of the Bible say. I have heard them too. But Jesus said it was because they did not have relationship with Him, not because they believed the wrong theology. See the difference? Wrong theology is not the problem, not knowing Jesus is the problem, according to Jesus. Study the Bible instead of studying men who promise you eternal security no matter what evil you do in life.

Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For their involuntary/unintentional and inherited/inborn Adam's Original Sin, God will be sending all fallen Man to hell when they die = they need to believe in Jesus Christ to save them from hell = believers will die, be resurrected/raptured, ... and inherit the kingdom of heaven.(ROMANS.5:12)
Untrue. Rev 20:12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were ju

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned--

Judgement comes based on the sins we actually did.
Believers should not fear hell, but they should fear falling into sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking because they risk losing their faith and salvation while suffering for their sins, eg the wife of Job(JOB.2:9). Gentile Christians who ignore God's laws and the Old Testament are more easily ensnared by sins.
Had not noticed that non-Gentile (Jewish) Christians who ignore God's laws are less easily ensnared by sins. Actually in the NT there is no Jew nor Gentile.

It is more likely that those who have embraced a theology that promises them Heaven no matter what evil they do and eventually become who are more likely to sin and that is also what I observe. The reasons are obvious. Sin no longer matters to the self. It always matters to God and the victim but these they do not consider, only the self is important.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Please don't turn this thread into another OSAS vs. losing salvation argument. I personally am sick of the argument and nobody is going to convince the other person that they're wrong. All this argument does is entrench people in their opinions.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
No, actually it is relatively new. No one who wrote the Bible believed this nor taught it. You will not find those words in the Bible at all. And they warned against falling away.
Jesus taught that in the last days he was speaking of, many would fall away from the faith. Jesus taught clearly in the parable of the different kinds of dirt that some become believers for a time. They are saved but fall away. This is exactly what we see in people we know.

The verse you present leaves out personal choice. Nothing from the outside can do this but we from the inside can. This you have to ignore. Free will is suddenly gone.​

So the greatest act of love is followed by a mental prison where man is robbed of free will. Even the Devil does not do that although in his evil mind he would like to do so. God does not rob any man of free will. All can come and all can go. He does not stop us. Notice JEsus never promised to keep your decision to believe for you.
They called out on the name of the Lord. They were saved and walked away. NO atheist is going to come to Jesus and say "lord lord."
That is not the reason JEsus gave. He said it was because they never had relationship with him. He did not tell them that they did not believe in Him or the Gospel.
That is what the men you studied instead of the Bible say. I have heard them too. But Jesus said it was because they did not have relationship with Him, not because they believed the wrong theology. See the difference? Wrong theology is not the problem, not knowing Jesus is the problem, according to Jesus. Study the Bible instead of studying men who promise you eternal security no matter what evil you do in life.

Obviously, we are miles apart and you've made some assumptions here that are not true, but I digress, as the OP has expressed their desire to keep this particular debate out of their thread.

Forgive me LORD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please don't turn this thread into another OSAS vs. losing salvation argument. I personally am sick of the argument and nobody is going to convince the other person that they're wrong. All this argument does is entrench people in their opinions.
Then don’t tell people they can never lose their salvation.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Obviously, we are miles apart and you've made some assumptions here that are not true, but I digress, as the OP has expressed their desire to keep this particular debate out of their thread.
We are miles apart and you’ve made huge assumptions based on a lack of understanding of the thinking of the NT writers but let’s keep this out if the thread by you not introducing it.

Upvote 0