United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For example?
{ name a specific example of a Mayorkas' decision that you find impeachment worth }
Seriously? Is that really a serious question?

How about the FACT that our borders are wide opened for illegal immigrants and he has consistently and constantly lied about it. Under his direction as well as the direction of the Biden Administration, their answer about the illegal immigrant crises only makes the problem worse for the citizens of the United States of America. Do the liberal politicians really care about the citizens of the USA? Do the liberal politicians care that our cities are unable to handle the massive influx of illegal immigrants?

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Seriously? Is that really a serious question?

How about the FACT that our borders are wide opened for illegal immigrants and he has consistently and constantly lied about it. Under his direction as well as the direction of the Biden Administration, their answer about the illegal immigrant crises only makes the problem worse for the citizens of the United States of America. Do the liberal politicians really care about the citizens of the USA? Do the liberal politicians care that our cities are unable to handle the massive influx of illegal immigrants?
What I'd like to see, is people saying this nonsense, I'd like them to leave their passports and IDs at home. Drive over the Southern Border, turn around and try to enter USA's border. See what happens. Do you get stopped? Do you get asked for ID? Do you get turned around? Do you get locked up? or do you just get to drive on through, no questions asked?

Give it a try. If it's open borders then you wont have any problems.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's not a fact.
How would you define a wide opened border? Perhaps I exaggerated a little bit in order to make a point. But if you really think that millions of illegal immigrants crossing the borders of the USA is not a wide opened border, then you and I have completely opposite definitions of the term.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How would you define a wide opened border? Perhaps I exaggerated a little bit in order to make a point. But if you really think that millions of illegal immigrants crossing the borders of the USA is not a wide opened border, then you and I have completely opposite definitions of the term.
It seems "my" definition is the one which isn't admittedly using dishonest language in an attempt to further a partisan political stance.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How would you define a wide opened border? Perhaps I exaggerated a little bit in order to make a point.
It's much more conducive to discussion if you don't resort to hyperbole.
Perhaps rather than parroting Right Wing opinion show hosts or MAGA Republican politicians, use terms such as "porous, or lax" then people can either agree with you or debate that.
But when you say "Open Borders" people will keep pointing out that this isn't factually true, and the conversation then goes nowhere.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It seems "my" definition is the one which isn't admittedly using dishonest language in an attempt to further a partisan political stance.
Nothing dishonest at all with the fact about the numbers of illegal immigrants who have entered into the USA within the last 2 or 3 years.

For those whom disagree, what terms would you use to describe the southern borders of the USA?

May the Grace and Mercy of the Lord God of the Heavens be with you, and may His Blessings and Love shine down upon you.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nothing dishonest at all with the fact about the numbers of illegal immigrants who have entered into the USA within the last 2 or 3 years.

For those whom disagree, what terms would you use to describe the southern borders of the USA?
You are conflating a few things here.
I assume people enter the USA in many different places, not just the southern border.
I also assume that many people enter the USA legally, like on VISAs or with a border crossing pass for short visits. And some of these people then become illegal immigrants, not via passing through the southern border, but instead by simply overstaying beyond their VISA or pass.

I assume that the influx or amounts of people coming to the Southern Border is more to do with what is going on in their country rather than on who is the current President of USA.
At the moment there is an influx of migrants from Venezuela, due to an economic and political crisis in Venezuela right now.

The Border Management people are stopping people and checking papers and following the process.
For many people seeking asylum the process is to let them in, but to schedule a court appointment, where they can prove their case.
The big problem with this is that USA don't have enough courts to deal with the numbers and there is a large backlog of over 2 million unresolved cases.

So the problem isn't at the border. The problem is with the court system in processing asylum seekers and is with overstayers. It isn't that illegal immigrants are simply being given a pass at the border.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You are conflating a few things here.
I assume people enter the USA in many different places, not just the southern border.
I also assume that many people enter the USA legally, like on VISAs or with a border crossing pass for short visits. And some of these people then become illegal immigrants, not via passing through the southern border, but instead by simply overstaying beyond their VISA or pass.

I assume that the influx or amounts of people coming to the Southern Border is more to do with what is going on in their country rather than on who is the current President of USA.
At the moment there is an influx of migrants from Venezuela, due to an economic and political crisis in Venezuela right now.

The Border Management people are stopping people and checking papers and following the process.
For many people seeking asylum the process is to let them in, but to schedule a court appointment, where they can prove their case.
The big problem with this is that USA don't have enough courts to deal with the numbers and there is a large backlog of over 2 million unresolved cases.

So the problem isn't at the border. The problem is with the court system in processing asylum seekers and is with overstayers. It isn't that illegal immigrants are simply being given a pass at the border.
The border is open because Donald J Trump was cheated out of his second term when he would have completed the other 98% of “The Wall”.
It’s like a slow-motion invasion.
In twenty years it’ll be mandatory to have direction signs in English and Spanish, though, by that time, it‘ll be a “good thing”.
Our grandchildren will be bilingual.
The horrors.

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

But it was dishonest to say the borders are open.

And why the focus on just the last 2 or 3 years? That seems like a really short amount of time if we're looking for trends - especially considering the whole pandemic thing.

The misleading language plus a desire to focus on just Biden's term doesn't lead me to believe that these assertions are anything more than partisan rhetoric.

Ones which don't require immediate backtracking when confronted with reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What else should I call a border that allows thousands upon thousands of illegal immigrants to come on in?
If the border is letting people in, then at that moment, those people aren't illegal immigrants.

If they are letting them in on Visas or border passes then they are legal.
If they are letting them in for asylum or refugee reasons then again they are legal.

They would become illegal only if they overstay their Visa, or if they fail to turn up for their asylum court case.
If people are crossing at non border control places, then those are illegal, but they aren't being let in, they are sneaking in.

So can you please be more specific when you are complaining about illegal immigrants coming into the country.
Where is the actual problem? and how do you propose fixing it?

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It appears that you don't even believe that there's a problem that should be fixed.
Not what I've said at all.
I'm saying that claiming "Open borders" is hyperbolic and disingenuous and doesn't help for a productive discussion on the topic.
Speaking of specifics with details and maybe presenting potential solutions would help greatly towards open and productive discussion.

Upvote 0