Mayorkas Impeachment Fails (Succeeds a week later)

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
There are children being trafficked and dying every day because of Joe's border policies.
Unless you have evidence for this, this is a blatant lie against the President. Present your fact-based evidence or delete the comment.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The whole purpose of the bill was to get some bill passed (Chuck Shumer knew this bill, which would make the disaster worse, had zero chance of passing the House) could give Democrats running for re-election some talking point--to try and blame their own purposeful disaster on Trump and "extreme MAGAs." They throw up their hands and say we really wanted to solve the problem but it was the fault of those darn Trump fanatics.
Can you be more specific about how the bill makes the border crisis worse? I'm no particular fan of the bill, but I don't see how it makes things worse.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Unless you have evidence for this, this is a blatant lie against the President. Present your fact-based evidence or delete the comment.
It depends on how you define "traffic." If it means that you have to bribe the cartels to cross territory they control, then yes, there is trafficking going on, And, because the trip is through hazardous terrain, people die along the way.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
We may well see that. Apparently they will try again when Steve Scalise is back from medical treatment, which may be enough to push it through.
Speaking of medical treatment...

Al Green leaves hospital to cast vote against Alejandro Mayorkas impeachment

A Democratic lawmaker from Texas left the hospital briefly to cast a crucial vote against the impeachment of the homeland security secretary.

Al Green surprised the House floor by entering the chamber being pushed on a wheelchair and wearing hospital scrubs.

The 76-year-old's trip from the emergency room where he was having abdominal surgery was decisive.

"I didn't come assuming that my vote was going to make a difference. I came because it was personal."

The impeachment proceedings were initiated by Marjorie Taylor Greene, [who] accused Democrats of playing a "game" for not revealing earlier that Mr Green would cast a vote despite being in hospital.

"They hid one of their members, waiting to the last minute, watching to see our votes, trying to throw us off," she told reporters after the vote.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It depends on how you define "traffic." If it means that you have to bribe the cartels to cross territory they control, then yes, there is trafficking going on, And, because the trip is through hazardous terrain, people die along the way.
You missed the point. The quote "There are children being trafficked and dying every day because of Joe's border policies."

I asked for the poster to prove the comment with factual evidence.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You missed the point. The quote "There are children being trafficked and dying every day because of Joe's border policies."

I asked for the poster to prove the comment with factual evidence.
I know, but I was amused by the precious use of the term "traffic" with its overtones of pedophilia and sexual slavery. One has to admire clever sophistry like that.

• Agree
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know, but I was amused by the precious use of the term "traffic" with its overtones of pedophilia and sexual slavery. One has to admire clever sophistry like that.
The number of children being sex trafficked has skyrocketed under Joe Biden's regime.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The number of children being sex trafficked has skyrocketed under Joe Biden's regime.
If that's true then it sounds like we need to devote more resources to vetting the people who come across

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It is nothing more than an appeal to emotion fallacy.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Can you be more specific about how the bill makes the border crisis worse? I'm no particular fan of the bill, but I don't see how it makes things worse.
The bill normalizes 5000 illegal illegals a day, and even if the limits are exceeded it allows the president to suspend closing the border for 45 days. And plenty of money goes to left wing causes. Dead on arrival in the House, and the authors certainly knew that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The bill normalizes 5000 illegal illegals a day, and even if the limits are exceeded it allows the president to suspend closing the border for 45 days. And plenty of money goes to left wing causes. Dead on arrival in the House, and the authors certainly knew that.

"normalizes 5000 illegal illegals a day" Word salad.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If that's true then it sounds like we need to devote more resources to vetting the people who come across
Joe delegates the resources to processing more illegals into the countries. He has been told to do the DNA testing on ALL children accompanied by adults, he should not let kids into the country with adults who are not related. But the bottom line is he's had three years of lying to the American people and breaking the border laws.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Illegal illegals? Never mind. But if you think 5000 is too many, do you have a figure of your own in mind? How many asylum claimants should we accept per day?

Left wing causes like what? Aid to Ukraine?

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Joe delegates the resources to processing more illegals into the countries. He has been told to do the DNA testing on ALL children accompanied by adults, he should not let kids into the country with adults who are not related. But the bottom line is he's had three years of lying to the American people and breaking the border laws.
OK, we shouldn't let kids into the country unless there is a DNA match with the adult who brought them. I guess that sounds like a policy. What do we do with the kids, then? Throw them back over the razor wire and lt the cartels have them?

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The bill normalizes 5000 illegal illegals a day,
Which is much better than the current situation, where any number is "normalized"
and even if the limits are exceeded it allows the president to suspend closing the border for 45 days.
I thought it was generally a good thing to have checks and limits on governmental authority?
And plenty of money goes to left wing causes.
That's generally how compromise works. One side get some things that they want, and the other side gets some things that they want. You want Democrats to support some of the border security measures you're looking for? You have to throw them a bone. Just like they're throwing you a bone by backing some border security reforms in order to get Republicans to agree to fund some of their projects.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Speaking of speaking of medical treatment...

Shortly after the vote, [Speaker] Johnson devoted ample time to speak with the longest serving Republican in the House, Rep. Hal Rogers (R-Ky.). Rogers was recently hospitalized after a car accident, missing two weeks of votes to recover, but appearing this week in a full neck and chest brace to vote to impeach Mayorkas.

---
and in bitter recriminations and infighting news

Soon, [Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-Wis.), who voted against impeachment] was swarmed on the House floor by his colleagues, who engaged in an apparent last-ditch attempt to change his mind. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), who has tried multiple times to force the House to expedite impeaching Mayorkas, was spotted shouting at Gallagher. She was soon joined by Rep. Mark Green (R-Tenn.), the chairman of the Homeland Security Committee who spearheaded the investigation into Mayorkas. Rep. Jodey Arrington (R-Tex.), a close ally of Speaker Mike Johnson’s (R-La.), then animatedly tried to persuade Gallagher to flip his vote as Rep. Dusty Johnson (R-S.D.) listened in.

As the vote stayed open after time had expired, Democrats shouted “Order! Order” in unison to bring the tied vote to a close. Gallagher stood listening with his arms folded across his chest as he intermittently gesticulated and shook his head. He was unmoved.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Which is much better than the current situation, where any number is "normalized"

I thought it was generally a good thing to have checks and limits on governmental authority?

That's generally how compromise works. One side get some things that they want, and the other side gets some things that they want. You want Democrats to support some of the border security measures you're looking for? You have to throw them a bone. Just like they're throwing you a bone by backing some border security reforms in order to get Republicans to agree to fund some of their projects.
The Biden administration lied to the American people for three years. They covered up the truth and they cost a lot of people their lives. Enough have suffered, enough have died. The arrogance of them--they now want to put three years policy of wrongdoing into federal law.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The Biden administration lied to the American people for three years. They covered up the truth and they cost a lot of people their lives. Enough have suffered, enough have died. The arrogance of them--they now want to put three years policy of wrongdoing into federal law.
All of this is opinion, and not backed by any evidence whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps comprehension isn't your thing.
Nixon got caught in crimes, He then stood down from his president role. He didn't wait for impeachment.

It was coming though. The House Judiciary Committee had voted out articles of impeachment on Nixon and the full House would have gotten to them (and passed them) soon.

• Winner
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The whole purpose of the bill was to get some bill passed (Chuck Shumer knew this bill, which would make the disaster worse, had zero chance of passing the House) could give Democrats running for re-election some talking point--to try and blame their own purposeful disaster on Trump and "extreme MAGAs." They throw up their hands and say we really wanted to solve the problem but it was the fault of those darn Trump fanatics.

You guys keep making this claim that the Senate bill would worsen things, but give no details. But it doesn't matter anyway, Sec. Mayorkas doesn't have any official role in legislation and the "charged conduct" all occurred before this bill was even fully written.

Upvote 0