[moved] Why Is Walmart Selling Antifa Clothing?

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You got it right. It was just a stepping off point so I could voice my opinion on a range of things . The free market is amoral, no question, and I would not wish it to be otherwise. Just as the sun and the moon and the earth beneath our feet are all amoral, a free market should be amoral as well. A market is northing more than a device we use. It has no independent consciousness and no desire to be anything let alone to choose between being moral or immoral. Within a completely amoral system, humans can act as morally or as immorally as they decide to act, so under a free market the amoral nature of the system does not require anything in the way of action in either direction. People enter into relationships voluntarily and negotiate whatever they decide to negotiate and accept whatever they decide to accept with no outside force coercing them into conforming to the preferences of a third party. The problem with all the alternatives to the free market is that IMO they are all based on ideas that require at least some humans to act in an immoral fashion in order to implement them.
If I follow this line of thinking, no human collective can properly be considered along a moral dimension. This would include governments, corporations, private clubs, etc. Right?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This is a worldwide platform we are on right now that has so far garnered 727 international views. We have represented in this current conversation thus far: Germany, UK, Australia, and the USA. We have the following religions in this conversation: Atheists, Mormons, Humanists, Non-Denom, Muslim, Luthern, Catholic, Christian, Charismatic, Messianic, Agnostic, and seekers.

No, I would not bring more attention to it by writing a letter to Walmart. And it doesn't matter whether people agree or disagree. Someone might get interested and look into this topic. Some might look into the topic to prove me wrong. But they're looking into it. Others may talk offline about what they read here, and others might even start writing about it own their own twitter, and social media accounts.

It is about having the conversation, and sowing the seed. Not the outcome. Just getting people engaged.
Just take a knee that seems to be effective also.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I follow this line of thinking, no human collective can properly be considered along a moral dimension. This would include governments, corporations, private clubs, etc. Right?

Right, only the humans within the collective can be said to have a moral dimension because morality requires consciousness(i.e. they must be self aware and capable of taking decisions) and only the individuals have consciousness. The collective is merely a gathering or a grouping(either voluntarily involuntarily grouped) of individuals it is not a being unto itself. the grouping of the individuals does not possess a moral dimension outside of the moral decisions taken by the individuals within that grouping.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Right, only the humans within the collective can be said to have a moral dimension because morality requires consciousness(i.e. they must be self aware and capable of taking decisions) and only the individuals have consciousness. The collective is merely a gathering or a grouping(either voluntarily involuntarily grouped) of individuals it is not a being unto itself. the grouping of the individuals does not possess a moral dimension outside of the moral decisions taken by the individuals within that grouping.
I'm not sure.

I do think its possible to judge the morality of a written (or even unwritten) charter that guides an organization. We typically consider morals to be basically rules or guidelines for proper behavior. And the charter is basically the DNA of an organization. On that basis, organizations can be judged along a moral dimension, I'd think.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just take a knee that seems to be effective also.

Yeah if you say so, but look around. We have a conversation about the free market being amoral and questions being raised about the morality of organisations. Pretty interesting conversation actually.

Think about it, even if free-market capitalism is amoral, what does it say about an organisation that carries certain products? What does Antifa represent? What morals, code of ethics, and ideals do they practice?

I feel this is a representation of those who would carry said products. Same could be said of those who sell KKK swag. The free market itself may be amoral, but by being a representative of their product you become complicit in their actions. Do you not?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Poor Walmart.....

gonna fall just like..well, you know....

i'm gonna miss you Walmart.

source.gif

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Poor Walmart.....

gonna fall just like..well, you know....

i'm gonna miss you Walmart.

source.gif

If any woman accuses Walmart of sexual indecency...well, you never know.

Upvote 0