Durban
✟30,451.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
In America, our free speech and religious freedom rights are constantly under increasing attack despite the efforts of the current Presidential administration to protect them and there are an increasing number of people, especially amongst college-age people who believe there should be some speech restrictions. But again, you cannot have either a Constitutional republic or even a thriving democracy when speech is restricted. Once speech is censored, a democracy is dead and the retaining of representative governments only gives the illusion of a democracy.

If don’t like what you see on a certain television station, change the channel and if need be, don’t watch television at all. If you don’t like what you are hearing on the radio or your Sirius XM satellite network, change the dial. If you don’t like what the Pastor is preaching in church, leave. If you don’t agree with the doctrine of a certain ministry, do not give them any support. And if you don’t like the lyrics of a certain music artist, don’t buy their music.

It is a simple as that, but unfortunately, there are people who are not content with being able to choose what to read or not and what to listen to or not to listen to, but instead seek to silence those with whom they disagree.

One thing encouraging about this is that those who seek to silence us have already lost the debate because if they thought they could prevail against us with their arguments, they would see no need to silence or censor us.

I agree. The problem is that the truth is offensive since it's opposes their believes and their conscience is pricked which makes them really upset and takes them out of their comfort zone. They want only their voice to be heard and so doing completely contradict themselves saying that they re against discrimination. There are collage lecturers and professors are indoctrinating some impressionable kid's. I know personally that in your early 20s you still lack a great amount of discernment and common sense. There people are completely shameless.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree. The problem is that the truth is offensive since it's opposes their believes and their conscience is pricked which makes them really upset and takes them out of their comfort zone. They want only their voice to be heard and so doing completely contradict themselves saying that they re against discrimination. There are collage lecturers and professors are indoctrinating some impressionable kid's. I know personally that in your early 20s you still lack a great amount of discernment and common sense. There people are completely shameless.

That is why we have to be that voice of truth Christ has called us to be in every way provided for us to be and we need to be prepared to take down those “strong holds,” cast down those “wicked imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God” and to bring into captivity “every thought to the obedience of Christ.” (2 Cor. 10:4), to be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks about the faith that lies within us, (1 Pet. 3:15) and to contend for the faith delivered to us. (Jude 3)

And as we do so, we also need to ready ourselves to stand firm against the hostilities we are destined to face, the attacks that will come against us, and the persecution that we are told by our Lord that we will suffer for His namesake, looking ahead to the honors that we will receive from Him if we will be steadfast faithful and obedient servants to Him.
That is why we have to be that voice of truth Christ has called us to be in every way provided for us to be and we need to be prepared to take down those “strong holds,” cast down those “wicked imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God” and to bring into captivity “every thought to the obedience of Christ.” (2 Cor. 10:4), to be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks about the faith that lies within us, (1 Pet. 3:15) and to contend for the faith delivered to us. (Jude 3)

And as we do so, we also need to ready ourselves to stand firm against the hostilities we are destined to face, the attacks that will come against us, and the persecution that we are told by our Lord that we will suffer for His namesake, looking ahead to the honors that we will receive from Him if we will be steadfast faithful and obedient servants to Him.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In America, our free speech and religious freedom rights are constantly under increasing attack despite the efforts of the current Presidential administration to protect them and there are an increasing number of people, especially amongst college-age people who believe there should be some speech restrictions. But again, you cannot have either a Constitutional republic or even a thriving democracy when speech is restricted. Once speech is censored, a democracy is dead and the retaining of representative governments only gives the illusion of a democracy.

If don’t like what you see on a certain television station, change the channel and if need be, don’t watch television at all. If you don’t like what you are hearing on the radio or your Sirius XM satellite network, change the dial. If you don’t like what the Pastor is preaching in church, leave. If you don’t agree with the doctrine of a certain ministry, do not give them any support. And if you don’t like the lyrics of a certain music artist, don’t buy their music.

It is a simple as that, but unfortunately, there are people who are not content with being able to choose what to read or not and what to listen to or not to listen to, but instead seek to silence those with whom they disagree.

One thing encouraging about this is that those who seek to silence us have already lost the debate because if they thought they could prevail against us with their arguments, they would see no need to silence or censor us.
So, you want CF to stop censoring speech here?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agree with you there. Apparently the people in charge are leftist. So there would be a automatic bias. The political left are trying to silence conservative Christian voices ahead of the elections. The seem to believe nobody's opinion matters but theirs. That's just totalitarianism. If someone would take it to court they would lose their case since it violates the first amendment in the constitution and they will have to clearly define what is considered hateful and not their version of hate speech.
You think Jeff bezos, possibly the most successful capitalist in the world, is a leftist? And you think the first amendment applies to private entities?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am afraid that you have completely missed the point of the post you replied to.

Why wouldn’t the above apply to CF? CF does not allow certain views to be expressed here, as is their right under the law. How would you change the law for YouTube without it also applying to CF?

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why wouldn’t the above apply to CF? CF does not allow certain views to be expressed here, as is their right under the law. How would you change the law for YouTube without it also applying to CF?

I did not say anything about changing laws for YouTube. Anything that was said about campaigning for a change in laws to prohibit censorship was in relation to the public sector, not the private. But to CF’s credit, they are at least honest about what viewpoints they will allow to be propagated and what they will not.

The same cannot be said for entities like Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Wordpress, or Twitter; all of which have been known to either ban access to Christian and conservative content on their platforms at times, or ban Christian and conservative accounts altogether while claiming to be free-speech platforms.

As I have mentioned in a previous response post, the only thing that could possibly be done to turn the tide in our favor would be if these platforms were sued for false advertising, because professing to be a free-speech platform while banning certain content is false advertising which is illegal.

If such a case could be successfully won, it would either compel these big-tech entities to cease censorship altogether, or at come clean about what viewpoints they will allow to be propagated on their platforms and what they will not so that Christians and conservatives will know to seek out other social media platforms to publish their content and perhaps form competing social platforms of their own and there are already a few conservative leaning and Christian social media platforms in existence, which I have been in the process of investigating to determine if they will serve the needs of my upcoming external blogsite which I will be set to officially launch any day.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Official YouTube Blog: Our ongoing work to tackle hate

Google has initiated a furtherance of its ongoing policy of censoring and banning conservative and Christian content on its YouTube streaming service.

YouTube’s official blog states it is prohibiting “videos alleging that a group is superior in order to justify discrimination, segregation or exclusion based on qualities like age, gender, race, caste, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.”

Of course their so called "hate speech" policy is partly guided by false presumptions pertaining to truth claims and competing worldviews. Such a broad outline is very subjective, and unless conservatives and Christians get serious in their prayers concerning a change in the Google’s leadership--as well as in its rank and file-- its employees will, in practice, interpret this in their usual biased fashion.

I would ask praying Christians everywhere to pray for a change in the leadership at Google/YouTube (and at other social media companies), and that any of its attempts to oppose the Christian worldview and agenda is disrupted and ultimately brought to absolutely nothing.

Edit: The YouTube blog apparently uses the words "group" and "ideology" interchangeably.

Edit:
Praying that the social media giants fail in their attempts to remove and or censor the Christian influence and work on their platforms. This is spiritual battle. Praying against the Enemy's work in this.

I believe that if we continue to pray that the people running YouTube will not curb the Christian influence and content on their service, then we will continue to have that platform to minister the Gospel, provide news form a Christian perspective, and promote the Christian worldview.

I am praying that alternatives to YouTube will gain in popularity and support.

So...Youtube is saying 'We're getting rid of people preaching white supremacy and similar hate', and OP's first reaction is "They're censoring me (https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://media.giphy.com/media/AhxCE3ZkSEvSg/giphy.gif&f=1)"?

I think some people need to take a good, hard look at themselves.
Ringo

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Official YouTube Blog: Our ongoing work to tackle hate

Google has initiated a furtherance of its ongoing policy of censoring and banning conservative and Christian content on its YouTube streaming service.

YouTube’s official blog states it is prohibiting “videos alleging that a group is superior in order to justify discrimination, segregation or exclusion based on qualities like age, gender, race, caste, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.”

Of course their so called "hate speech" policy is partly guided by false presumptions pertaining to truth claims and competing worldviews. Such a broad outline is very subjective, and unless conservatives and Christians get serious in their prayers concerning a change in the Google’s leadership--as well as in its rank and file-- its employees will, in practice, interpret this in their usual biased fashion.

I would ask praying Christians everywhere to pray for a change in the leadership at Google/YouTube (and at other social media companies), and that any of its attempts to oppose the Christian worldview and agenda is disrupted and ultimately brought to absolutely nothing.

Edit: The YouTube blog apparently uses the words "group" and "ideology" interchangeably.

Edit:
Praying that the social media giants fail in their attempts to remove and or censor the Christian influence and work on their platforms. This is spiritual battle. Praying against the Enemy's work in this.

I believe that if we continue to pray that the people running YouTube will not curb the Christian influence and content on their service, then we will continue to have that platform to minister the Gospel, provide news form a Christian perspective, and promote the Christian worldview.

I am praying that alternatives to YouTube will gain in popularity and support.
You Tube is a business. Vote with your keyboard and seek your cat videos elsewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Agree with you there. Apparently the people in charge are leftist. So there would be a automatic bias. The political left are trying to silence conservative Christian voices ahead of the elections. The seem to believe nobody's opinion matters but theirs. That's just totalitarianism. If someone would take it to court they would lose their case since it violates the first amendment in the constitution and they will have to clearly define what is considered hateful and not their version of hate speech.
Hi and God bless. God bless the saints in South Africa. Praying for Africa and the nations of the world.

Google is a privately held company, and so it would be difficult to challenge any possible biased filtering on a first amendment basis. Dennis Prager of PraguU fame had his case dismissed, but as I understand, he is challenging them in court again on a number of grounds.

PragerU files second lawsuit against Google for restricting conservative YouTube videos

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
You Tube is a business. Vote with your keyboard and seek your cat videos elsewhere.
I am sure the Godless Left would love it if all active Christians-- along with their Christian vids, comments, and complaints-- would simply leave YouTube.

Sorry, no can do. Change, not abandonment.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
The day is coming soon when YouTube will have to decide if it is a content platform or a content producer.

I say regulate them until they're crying for mercy. Then regulate them some more just to be safe.
LOL. Lawmakers are considering it. Google had better wise up.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you did not read any of the youtube blog.
What are you preaching/saying/listening to that would cause Youtube to believe that they're dealing with hateful and/or authoritarian content? That's what I want to know.

People who tend to whine because they're being """""persecuted""""" by Youtube or Google tend to be the ones who post hateful stuff and then hide behind either ""irony"" or the First Amendment. White supremacy is not acceptable and should not receive a voice.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am sure the Godless Left would love it if all active Christians-- along with their Christian vids, comments, and complaints-- would simply leave YouTube.

Sorry, no can do. Change, not abandonment.
I can’t speak for them, but the ones I personally know don’t care.

I use You Tube when I am trying to repair something. I’ve saved hundreds of dollars. It baffles me that anyone would allow oneself to be influenced by the political drivel on You Tube and the like.

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I can’t speak for them, but the ones I personally know don’t care. I use You Tube when I am trying to repair something. I’ve saved hundreds of dollars. It baffles me that anyone would allow oneself to be influenced by the political drivel on You Tube and the like.
Young people of the world are majorly influenced by the content on youtube and the like. The reasons for this are not baffling.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Is this thread about a pagan operation actually acting like a pagan operation?

And Christians are surprised about that?

The world is what Jesus said the world is.

Stop acting surprised.

Stop whining. Grow up.
You'll notice there is nothing in the OP that suggests surprise.

Godless mandates and actions from a company can be majorly influenced by the real Church of God through prayer and other means. Do you believe this? Do you believe the Church should just lay down and allow godlessness to grow in the nations because of some some supposed biblical prediction? That type of thought and action renders professing Christians--to great extent--largely ineffective for the Kingdom of God in terms of being the Salt and Light of the World.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You'll notice there is nothing in the OP that suggests surprise.

Godless mandates and actions from a company can be majorly influenced by the real Church of God through prayer and other means. Do you believe this? Do you believe the Church should just lay down and allow godlessness to grow in the nations because of some some supposed biblical prediction? That type of thought and action renders professing Christians--to great extent--largely ineffective for the Kingdom of God in terms of being the Salt and Light of the World.

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds -- 2 Corinthians 10

Upvote 0