Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lifesite News is not exactly what I would consider the most trustworthy site in the world. They probably think that a Target employee failing to say 'Merry Christmas' to them is the equivalent of Christians being put on the rack.

As I said, I don't deny that Youtube corporate makes mistakes, but I am very skeptical of claims that Christians are systematically being silenced. That reminds me of this: Imgur
Ringo
OK, I guess who really knows....

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Do you have any examples of something banned explicitly for being Christian, or conservative?
Hi Tom,

Of course a particular ban does not have to state explicitly the cause of such ban in order to accurately infer that the cause is anti-Christian bias.

I believe PragerU is a good example of YouTube's active bias. Some details have been provided in the posts on this thread.

Here is another interesting case. Watch the whole vid and consider the speaker's own experimentation in comparing Islamic oriented advertising compared to Christian advertising as pertains to Youtube's filtering practice.

YouTube rejects veteran's ministry ad for using the word 'Christian'

Youtube has already made clear many of its godless commitments concerning its filtering program standard. It is naive, at best, to assume that such filtering will not rigorously line up with such prior commitment.

Praying the Google leadership is changed or removed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Tom,

Of course a particular ban does not have to state explicitly the cause of such ban in order to accurately infer that the cause is anti-Christian bias.

I believe PragerU is a good example of YouTube's active bias. Some details have been provided in the posts on this thread.

Here is another interesting case. Watch the whole vid and consider the speaker's own experimentation in comparing Islamic oriented advertising compared to Christian advertising as pertains to Youtube's filtering practice.

YouTube rejects veteran's ministry ad for using the word 'Christian'

Youtube has already made clear many of its godless commitments concerning its filtering program standard. It is naive, at best, to assume that such filtering will not rigorously line up with such prior commitment.

Praying the Google leadership is changed or removed.
PragerU is clearly politically motivated, so spare me the crocodile tears.
PragerU - Wikipedia
Two of PragerU's largest donors are the hydraulic fracturing billionaires Dan and Farris Wilks.[7] Two members of the Wilks family are on PragerU's board.[7]The next-largest donor is the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation.[5][17]Other donors include the Morgan Family Foundation, Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund, Donors Trust, and the Minnesota-based Sid and Carol Verdoorn Foundation, led by former C.H. Robinson CEO Sid Verdoorn.[17]

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Youtube is not a platform that welcomes dissident voices or controversial voices. For years now they've been moving in a more TV orientated, commercialized direction that encourages safe and politically correct content. They are no longer a platform for content creators to express themselves but instead are a publisher who decides who they do and do not approve of making a living on their site.

If they were honest they would admit it.
You mean like every other publishing company in the world?

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Google and Firefox blocked Dissenter.
What does this mean exactly? I just used Firefox to Google Dissenter and it was the second link given (after the definition of "dissenter"). I was able to download Dissenter through Firefox and run it on my computer just fine. So how did they "block" Dissenter?

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
You need to learn the difference between state, nation, and nation-state. basic civics.

Also, several states actually had state churches, and it was completely Constitutional. Go study some fifth grade history.
Just because it wasn't challenged doesn't mean it was Constitutional. Many states had a religious test for office as well. The Constitution specifically forbids that. Yet those requirements stayed on the books for decades because no one challenged them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,868.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What does this mean exactly? I just used Firefox to Google Dissenter and it was the second link given (after the definition of "dissenter"). I was able to download Dissenter through Firefox and run it on my computer just fine. So how did they "block" Dissenter?

They removed it from their extension store and app store I believe.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
They removed it from their extension store and app store I believe.
I just went to Gab's site and their Firefox extension loaded right into my browser with no problem. As for the app store, was Dissenter blocked on content grounds or compatibility issues?

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,868.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I just went to Gab's site and their Firefox extension loaded right into my browser with no problem. As for the app store, was Dissenter blocked on content grounds or compatibility issues?

You can install the extension manually. That's not the problem. Both Firefox and google removed it from their extension store.

I believe they blocked it on the grounds that it allowed people to post whatever they wanted with complete freedom on any page of the internet.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
PragerU is clearly politically motivated, so spare me the crocodile tears.
PragerU - Wikipedia
Two of PragerU's largest donors are the hydraulic fracturing billionaires Dan and Farris Wilks.[7] Two members of the Wilks family are on PragerU's board.[7]The next-largest donor is the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation.[5][17]Other donors include the Morgan Family Foundation, Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund, Donors Trust, and the Minnesota-based Sid and Carol Verdoorn Foundation, led by former C.H. Robinson CEO Sid Verdoorn.[17]
So what if they are partially politically motivated. I can't imagine any organization of people that are not at least partially politically motivated. This is not surprising considering that most social issues are also political issues and vice versa.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean?

Being demonetized is not censoring. Do street preachers get paid by the city for preaching on the sidewalk? Demonitization shouldn't cause an evangelist a moment of pause.

And as for YouTube being a "publisher," they of course always were. It was never possible to put anything and everything on YouTube. Anyone should have known that.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,868.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Being demonetized is not censoring. Do street preachers get paid by the city for preaching on the sidewalk? Demonitization shouldn't cause an evangelist a moment of pause.

And as for YouTube being a "publisher," they of course always were. It was never possible to put anything and everything on YouTube. Anyone should have known that.
Did I bring up censorship?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Not only is YouTube demonetizing Christian sites.. it is changing algorithms that help show you video's that are like the others you are interested in.........if they are to far right wing or Christian views.

Not only that but "Google" is also very left based and the company has been called out for anti right documents and slandering right viewed people. It is also changing it's algorithms to make it difficult to search for topics that are considered to be right wing views.

It seems, from the talks that I have seen in the US congress and other areas... that the left is so far left that the old middle ground is now the right wing and far right is just the old right wing views.... which are now heavily discriminated against in on line media sources.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It isn’t your platform. Complaining about something you’re using free of charge is pointless.

If you want to avoid censorship, host it on your server. Problem solved. You get what you pay for.

Upvote 0