• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured More YouTube Biased Censorship

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by AACJ, Jun 5, 2019.

1. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+5,621
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Sure it is. Domain registrars, web hosts, DDoS mitigators, they've all proven again and again that they will bend the knee if someone decides that certain content is a no-no.

Meanwhile, the government cannot create laws or regulations concerning speech, unless it's to ensure and expand free speech. And I think that we've reached a point where that's necessary now.

2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+104,633
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    There have always been "builders", including the builders of the Tower of Babble.

Might doesn't always make right, and giants sometimes topple and lose their heads in the most unusual and unexpected of ways.

In addition, using technology to "spy on" and "control" others is corrupt, to say the least.

At any rate, you have your opinion, and i have mine.

Thank you for the clarification.

3. brinny

+104,633
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    What has what you posted got to do with my post that you quoted from?

4. Tom Farebrother

Tom Farebrother Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+7,833
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    The idea of dismantling Amazon and the rest, to be replaced with...what exactly? The various groups whose banning from social media sites is so bemoaned seem like nothing more than deep pits of nastiness and misinformation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. brinny

+104,633
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    :scratch:

6. Tom Farebrother

Tom Farebrother Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+7,833
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Maybe I misunderstood. You were saying that the dismantlement of Amazon and Google would be a start. A start to what? Are you saying those organisations should be replaced with something else, or that there shouldn’t be any organisations of that sort at all?

7. brinny

+104,633
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    I fear you have, sir.

For clarification, read over my posts in this thread.

Thank you kindly.

8. Petunia

Petunia Senior Veteran Supporter

+275
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others

I frequented several Christian Bulletin Boards back in the day! This was before the world wide web existed. Oh what a wonderful memory! Thank you! :D

9. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,974
    Christian
    Married
    Domain registrars don't care. Everything else belongs to you if you set up your own web host--which is certainly possible for a moderate entrepreneur outlay.

As I pointed out, Bluehost is owned by Mormons, and they do what they want.

10. RDKirk

+10,974
    Christian
    Married
    So did I. My favorite was actually a Catholic board.

11. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+5,621
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes, they do. Or they can at least be browbeaten. Some klan guy got his domain registration revoked a few years ago. I think the same thing just happened to 8chan as well.

Or, y'know, the government can issue regulations saying that legal, constitutionally-protected speech must be hosted by tech companies who operate as content platforms.

I will be vague on this. But I have professional experience relating to Bluehost. And not as a customer.

My experience has been that Bluehost admins are a joke. Bad comedy.

12. RDKirk

+10,974
    Christian
    Married
    We can also become domain registrars, as Bluehost is.

That law has been passed and revoked already as a violation of the First Amendment. But that's government and has nothing to do with the discussion of this thread.

That has nothing to do with my point, unless you're contending that Christians are inherently poor tech-company managers and thus must depend on pagans to handle our technical needs.