Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thanks. but you can address the part of what I wrote about jesus judging woman according to what they do, say, are, and so on... not according to who is their husband (which they might not have).
Women are accountable for themselves, yes I agree.....is that what you mean Noam?

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
New Testament written by false prophets........? Hmmm...if anyone needs wisdom to understand why they wrote what they wrote, then ask God to give you His wisdom on it. His truth does not usually make sense to the carnal mind....but that is presumptuous and dangerous to just throw it out because we have not wisdom to understand it. This teaching does not make women inferior, it makes us protected and cared for.......for our good and the good of the whole church.........because the spirit of Jezebel leads to wrack and ruin. We must understand and hold truth in spirit though, not in flesh of carnal mind, otherwise it can easily go askew, like with anything in His word.
That is precisely why Paul gave those instructions to men in Ephesians 5. Now if men were following those women would have felt protected, comforted and fortunate. Then there wouldn't have been womens lib. A woman would prefer a husband described in Ephesians 5 than being a single woman. They weren't built to need to have to make all the decisions. I don't think it comes down to only one gender not being modest. Men taking advantage of submissiveness to abuse or enslave would have had a part to play.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Saying that women need to be "protected and cared for" implies that women are somehow inferior.
No, actually it is because women are superior as caregivers and nurturers, our superior strength in those areas, makes us more vulnerable in other ways. God's design.....for His glory......when we follow Him.

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
you might want to talk lady to lady with red pony
let her know the real joy of following the real pattern of Christ .

Are you implying that somehow my faith is less? Careful there...

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
No, actually it is because women are superior as caregivers and nurturers, our superior strength in those areas, makes us more vulnerable in other ways. God's design.....for His glory......when we follow Him.

I'm missing those things. Never had them. Never wanted or had kids, was in my 30's before I decided that getting married wasn't a bad idea. Still independent, still neither a caregiver or nurturer. It's never, ever been part of my makeup.

Reactions: SnowyMacie
Upvote 0

noam burde

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
zikim israel
Visit site
✟57,439.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While I appreciate your post, I am really not trying to the discuss the authority of Paul. My post is based on the assumption that Paul's words are God-breathed.
thanks. but you can address the part of what I wrote about jesus judging woman according to what they do, say, are, and so on... not according to who is their husband (which they might not have).

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is precisely why Paul gave those instructions to men in Ephesians 5. Now if men were following those women would have felt protected, comforted and fortunate. Then there wouldn't have been womens lib. A woman would prefer a husband described in Ephesians 5 than being a single woman. They weren't built to need to have to make all the decisions. I don't think it comes down to only one gender not being modest. Men taking advantage of submissiveness to abuse or enslave would have had a part to play.
Amen sister........the Lord had reasons for making them male and female, with differing complimentary qualities......to show forth His glory and nature through both genders. How sad that the fall ruined what should have been so beautiful.......well we can look forward to the restoration and millennial reign though! Meanwhile with the Help of His Spirit we try to let His glory shine through us according to our measure, and let it increase.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes it is Psalm 133
1 How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!
2It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron’s beard, down on the collar of his robe.
3 It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm missing those things. Never had them. Never wanted or had kids, was in my 30's before I decided that getting married wasn't a bad idea. Still independent, still neither a caregiver or nurturer. It's never, ever been part of my makeup.

That's because you've been robbed, sister..........but there is hope of restoration, because Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. Harden not your heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
NO , I am trying to help your faith
help what is lacking . Truly I desire only your good.
Maybe at a point when not in a thread which has become a sensitive issue? A harsh word stirs up wrath but a gentle answer... paraphrased... The Lady is a christian and I bet has many strengths.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
NO , I am trying to help your faith
help what is lacking . Truly I desire only your good.

Careful, it's against the rules of this site to state or imply that a professed Christian is not a Christian.

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
That's because you've been robbed, sister..........but there is hope of restoration, because Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. Harden not your heart.

I'm 53 years old. It ain't gonna happen now. However, folks like to put people in boxes and make those who don't fit in those boxes feel "less than". I'm not less than anyone. I've had a wonderful and successful life. I have a wonderful family. I have a great church family. There are plenty of places for me to expend my energy for good other than "nurturing and caregiving". I've taken on projects to help others. I've financed those projects, set up foundations to keep those projects going. Just because I have never had a desire for kids doesn't mean I'm less than someone who kept breeding just because they could.

Upvote 0

noam burde

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
zikim israel
Visit site
✟57,439.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New Testament written by false prophets........? Hmmm...if anyone needs wisdom to understand why they wrote what they wrote, then ask God to give you His wisdom on it. His truth does not usually make sense to the carnal mind....but that is presumptuous and dangerous to just throw it out because we have not wisdom to understand it. This teaching does not make women inferior, it makes us protected and cared for.......for our good and the good of the whole church.........because the spirit of Jezebel leads to wrack and ruin. We must understand and hold truth in spirit though, not in flesh of carnal mind, otherwise it can easily go askew, like with anything in His word.
Women are accountable for themselves, yes I agree.....is that what you mean Noam?
actually that message was meant for tstor I just forgot to post it as a reply to him (i'm a bit new here). I latter posted it as reply to him.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
However, folks like to put people in boxes and make those who don't fit in those boxes feel "less than".

Yup, exactly. I'm a guy and I can honestly say there's not a protective or leading bone in my body. I am very much a "caregiver and nurturer".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Yup, exactly. I'm a guy and I can honestly say there's not a protective or leading bone in my body. I am very much a "caregiver and nurturer".

My husband is also that way. It works for us. I am a leader, I can be VERY protective. However, that mushy stuff...not on your life. He is more like that. I was in a car accident about a week ago and he's the one who's taking care of me (got banged up pretty good, got sideswiped at 45mph). He drives me all over town, to work, to physical therapy, makes sure I'm feeling ok (I'm sore and have some pinched nerves in my upper back) and is handling everything.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is being closed for staff review. There is too much flaming!

Edit - the thread is staying closed. The clean up would be big.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.