Media ignores newly declassified documents that undercut once-hyped Steele dossier

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And Biden can not even respond to the most simple questions it seems
without putting his foot in his mouth.
The debate will not be a pretty day for Biden.
M
Could be wrong, we'll see but I don't believe there will be debates. The Dems will take the position that the President isn't even worthy to voice his opinions on a national stage. Of course all the time it'll be they know that Joe just can't go up against him.

Lest some think I don't think Joe has had any speaking talents whatsoever I do think he did. Years back when a bit younger I thought he articulated well in a debate with Sarah Palin. Joe IMO just isn't the same guy now.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Everyone knows that.

Even the ones opposing Biden
will feel sorry for him
after the debates.

M
Truly I already feel sorry for him, no one likes to see the decline of any man due to age, it reminds us all the we are vulnerable

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Truly I already feel sorry for him, no one likes to see the decline of any man due to age, it reminds us all the we are vulnerable

Most in that condition call it a day and retire.
M

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the article-
'The hype and the disregard are flip sides of the same biased media coin,' professor says

The infamous Steele dossier from the Russia probe barely generated any attention from the mainstream media when it was largely discreditedlast week -- but critics feel the same pundits who once hyped the story are showing bias by ignoring the latest development.

Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee Friday released newly declassified documents that they say “significantly undercut” the “reliability” of the dossier. MSNBC was arguably the most egregious when it came to pushing the Steele dossier, as Rachel Maddow and Joy Reid were two of its most high-profile cheerleaders -- but MSNBC did not cover the latest news from the time it broke on Friday through Wednesday afternoon, according to transcripts.

CNN didn't cover the newly declassified documents either, according to a search of transcripts. ABC's "World News Tonight," "NBC Nightly News" and "CBS Evening News" didn't cover the documents from July 17-20.

Cornell Law School professor and media critic William A Jacobson feels the lack of coverage is simply an example of media bias.

Continued below.
Media ignores newly declassified documents that undercut once-hyped Steele dossier

What nonsense. The 'media' has identified the report as unsubstantiated since 2017, reporting about it makes it clear throughout that many of the claims remain unconfirmed. This 'hype' is that there would be anything unusual about the basis for an investigation being, at the beginning of an investigation, unconfirmed.

From 2017: WASHINGTON — Seven months ago, a respected former British spy named Christopher Steele won a contract to build a file on Donald J. Trump’s ties to Russia. Last week, the explosive details — unsubstantiated accounts of frolics with prostitutes, real estate deals that were intended as bribes and coordination with Russian intelligence of the hacking of Democrats — were summarized for Mr. Trump in an appendix to a top-secret intelligence report.

and

Late Wednesday night, after speaking with Mr. Trump, James R. Clapper Jr., the director of national intelligence, issued a statement decrying leaks about the matter and saying of Mr. Steele’s dossier that the intelligence agencies have “not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable.” Mr. Clapper suggested that intelligence officials had nonetheless shared it to give policy makers “the fullest possible picture of any matters that might affect national security.”

Just look at them claiming it was all true!

The flip side of the 'newly declassified documents' is that they callously expose the source of some of the original intelligence. I'm sure you are not unaware of how Putin deals with the disloyal. Here is the news as reported in the NYT on Saturday, i.e. 2 days ago regarding the same documents: The F.B.I. Pledged to Keep a Source Anonymous. Trump Allies Aided His Unmasking.

Every day on this site people claiming to follow Christ post a series of easily checked lies about 'the media'. What's the game?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most in that condition call it a day and retire.
M
I thought he did that once. Obama tried to tell him, Joe you do not have to run, but Biden just could not get the hint.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Obama tried to tell him, Joe you do not have to run, but Biden just could not get the hint.

Just proves once again
Biden is not smart when it comes to
taking good advice.

For the radical left it's all about
getting someone into the White House
who they can control
and won't know better.
M

Upvote 0