‘Lapdog press’ blacks out explosive Tony Bobulinski claims as CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo skip story

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
now do a study over the last 4 years of how many times each has had to print retractions and/or apologies.
News outlets don’t “have” to print retractions or apologies, so the number of times they do is not necessarily correlated to the number of times they were wrong. In fact, it is more suspect when a news outlet rarely or never admits they were wrong. If, however, you insist on making that correlation I think you will find that 99.9% of the stories earns by the NYT do not get retracted.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The reason this story isn't gaining any traction in the media, including mainstream right leaning media outlets, is because it lacks evidence. So far all that's been presented is hearsay.

You mean like Russian collusion lacked evidence? Seems that the media ate that up, so I seriously doubt that is the reason here. The media is simply biased, even dems should be able to see that by now

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
From the "Election interference", files: ‘Lapdog press’ blacks out explosive Tony Bobulinski claims as CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo skip story

While the mainstream media has scrutinized President Trump and his family members at every turn, there has been a near blackout of coverage of Bobulinski’s shocking claims.
“Even if this story is not front and center on the news agenda, it does need to be approached somewhere along the way. Odds are that most mainstream media outlets are devoting very few reporting resources, if any, to the Bobulinski story,” McCall added. “It would seem those outlets could at least be investigating the accusations to try to prove them invalid.”
“What little coverage has surfaced has basically just been running without challenge the boilerplate denials and indignation from the Biden camp. The manner in which this story has been covered can only be described as the ‘lapdog press,’ as contrasted with the ‘watchdog press,’” McCall said.
“When you realize that major media organizations such as CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post and the NY Times ran completely unsubstantiated stories like the pee tape from the dossier, Julie Swetnick and Michael Avenatti's claims against now Justice Kavanaugh, and numerous anonymous senior administration officials statements that 'would definitely prove the Trump campaign colluded with Russia' yet haven’t touched direct testimony with direct evidence and easily provable points from Tony Bobulinski after his Tucker Carlson interview, it goes beyond hypocrisy," he said, "it's election interference to try to install a potentially seriously corrupt candidate in Joe Biden.”
“Over the course of the full hour, Bobulinski came across as credible and, most importantly, brought e-mails, texts, and a recording of Biden family confidante Bob Walker pleading with him not to go public,” NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck wrote.
Richard Grenell responded, “Reporters think because they don’t cover this story that people don’t see it. But they certainly do. They also see the bias in ignoring it to help Joe Biden.”

Grenell is correct that a significant amount of voters presumably saw the interview, as “Tucker Carlson Tonight” delivered the highest-rated primetime show average in the history of cable news this month
.​
I hope to watch the interview tonight, but can you lay out the basic allegations? What Joe Biden did that was illegal
or unethical, and when he did it? What I’ve seen is mostly referring to the fact that there are emails and recordings and they make Biden look bad but not clear statements of what he allegedly did, and when he did it.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Credible journalist and media organizations have looked into the emails and other documents and can’t validate the claims being made by Bobulinski.

There is no credible journalism left in America - in fact for the most part, real journalism is dead. What is left are factions attached to a political party who pick and choose what stories to published based on their propaganda goals.

In addition, the FBI has had the laptop that supposedly belongs to Hunter Biden in its possession since December of last year. If there was anything incriminating to be found, don't you think they would have acted on it before now?

Supposedly?

It was dropped off by Hunter to the repairs shop - proven true and not contested.

Hunter signed the repair order, his signature has been shown proven true and not contested.

The Computer was taken by the FBI for an investigation of money laundering - proven true and not contested.

The emails show the headers and identifiers for each individual - proven true and not contested.

The recipient of some of the emails has just come forward stating they are the originals.

What more do you need to open an investigation?

Another good question would be, if these emails and documents were as incriminating as Giuliani and Bobulinski make them sound, why did they sit on this information for months and only bring it up a few weeks before the election? And let's not forget that Giuliani has been confirmed by our intelligence agencies to have been compromised by Russian agents.

The same intelligence agency that said the emails are NOT Russian misinformation. Do you believe only half of what they say?

The claims being made by Giuliani and Bobulinski are totally without merit and are obviously a desperate attempt to sway the American public to vote for Trump. It's a disinformation campaign against Joe Biden and nothing more.

They are not without merit. There is verbal and written proof - none of which is in dispute by Biden.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
now do a study over the last 4 years of how many times each has had to print retractions and/or apologies.
I don't believe that any reporting outlet ever "has" to issue retractions unless ordered to as part of restitution by the courts. So that's hardly a useful metric. Personally, I'd consider an outlet with the integrity to own up to their mistakes far more trustworthy than one that ignores them - as the Post is wont to do.

• Agree
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
News outlets don’t “have” to print retractions or apologies, so the number of times they do is not necessarily correlated to the number of times they were wrong. In fact, it is more suspect when a news outlet rarely or never admits they were wrong. If, however, you insist on making that correlation I think you will find that 99.9% of the stories earns by the NYT do not get retracted.

citation requested.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe that any reporting outlet ever "has" to issue retractions unless ordered to as part of restitution by the courts. So that's hardly a useful metric. Personally, I'd consider an outlet with the integrity to own up to their mistakes far more trustworthy than one that ignores them - as the Post is wont to do.

Getting awards from your peers does not offer proof of accuracy, nor does it guarantee anything except your peers think you are good.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Im surprised people here are trusting the media sources that say there is no evidence as a reason for not reporting this

Im not taking sides but i saw a little bit and this Tony fella did seem credible. He seemed very authentic about clearing his families name

It would be nice if those emails were released to the public, then we would know for sure

You do realize that the information Tony Bobulinski did provide (which hasn't even been verified) is from an alleged meeting in May 2017. You realize that Joe Biden held no public office (nor was he running for one) at that time.

The "scandal" is a poorly manufactured October surprise.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
citation requested.
The Times has a "Corrections" section. You can read through it. Note that a correction does not necessarily mean a retraction. So far, I haven't found any retractions of recent articles.

Corrections

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Getting awards from your peers does not offer proof of accuracy, nor does it guarantee anything except your peers think you are good.
True, it doesn't. However, you're addressing this to the wrong person - I never made that argument. How's about you address the point I did make?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You do realize that the information Tony Bobulinski did provide (which hasn't even been verified) is from an alleged meeting in May 2017. You realize that Joe Biden held no public office (nor was he running for one) at that time.

The "scandal" is a poorly manufactured October surprise.
This sounds like an opinion to me, just like what i said. Unless i can see the emails myself im not trusting any news sources

And i did say he seemed credible, i didnt say hes definitely credible. I dont know for sure and its hard to imagine how anyone could know for sure unless they were involved

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Im surprised people here are trusting the media sources that say there is no evidence as a reason for not reporting this
Especially after four years of them trafficking heavily in anonymous leaks.

• Winner
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Times has a "Corrections" section. You can read through it. Note that a correction does not necessarily mean a retraction. So far, I haven't found any retractions of recent articles.

Corrections

Does that equate to 0.1%?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not surprised.

Didn't the Wall Street Journal look at these emails and determine they were nothing?
Yeah, in just a few days the manufactured outrage has morphed from "Look at how bad Biden is" to "Look at no one reporting on this stuff which doesn't show Biden to be as bad as we hoped it did".

I kinda long for the days when the GOP was able to manage a reasonably believable character assassination. Guess we can chalk it up to another part of the job Donald just isn't very good at.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Does that equate to 0.1%?
So far, it equates to 0%. You made the initial claim that they've had to retract more stories than the NY Post in the last four years. So how many have they retracted?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The claims being made by Giuliani and Bobulinski are totally without merit and are obviously a desperate attempt to sway the American public to vote for Trump. It's a disinformation campaign against Joe Biden and nothing more.
The sad part is, it isn't even a reasonable attempt. I mean, even if Rudy and friends didn't get laughed off Fox News with how bad the story was, did the people running this op not understand that there's a pandemic going on leading to record high early voting? Why run this nonsense after the people whose vote you're trying to change have already voted? It's just a sign how low effort this attempt was.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,938.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It was dropped off by Hunter to the repairs shop - proven true and not contested.
Hunter signed the repair order, his signature has been shown proven true and not contested.
The Computer was taken by the FBI for an investigation of money laundering - proven true and not contested.
The emails show the headers and identifiers for each individual - proven true and not contested.
The recipient of some of the emails has just come forward stating they are the originals.
What more do you need to open an investigation?
Apparently more than that. Much of what you stated hasn't been proven by the way.

As for the claims not being contested, why would Joe or Hunter Biden want to get into a he said she said contest with the likes of Giuliani and associates? What would be the benefit of that? Sometimes when you're accused of doing something that you didn't do it's better to just ignore it and stay the course.

The same intelligence agency that said the emails are NOT Russian misinformation. Do you believe only half of what they say?
Did I say the emails and claims by Giuliani and Bobulinski are part of a Russian disinformation campaign? I only said that it has been proven that Giuliani has been compromised by Russian agents. He has also been compromised by a comedian. Therefore, Giuliani could be compromised by just about anyone and his claims along with those associated with him should be taken with a grain of salt. There are also many in the intelligence community that still believe this to be a Russian disinformation campaign.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So far, it equates to 0%. You made the initial claim that they've had to retract more stories than the NY Post in the last four years. So how many have they retracted?

Some posters see a lack of corrections as a sign of virtue.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
This sounds like an opinion to me, just like what i said.

It's not an opinion that Joe Biden held no office at the time when the alleged meeting took place. That is a fact.

Unless i can see the emails myself im not trusting any news sources

And i did say he seemed credible, i didnt say hes definitely credible. I dont know for sure and its hard to imagine how anyone could know for sure unless they were involved

Since Giuliani hasn't released any actual emails, only pdf copies of emails, you'll not be making any independent verification any time soon.

Upvote 0