Mattell makes Wiccan Barbie - Is this right?

azzy

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Rock Hill SC
✟49,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
MrsMom said:
I can't make a link (I haven't posted before today, been lurking a while) but if you do a search on Google on "Secret Spells Barbie" you will get a picture of the doll. Apparently there are already some groups complaining, and one Wiccan group praising! One online newsletter shows the picture and says "Now your daughter can learn how drawing your power from Satan is fun". I don't know what to think!
This is BS,because wiccans dont believe in the devil.

They find it offensive to call thier dietys,the devil.
Some traditional witches will call thier ancient God the devil(not the christian devil,but thier ancient god)But wiccans dont.

Wicca is a religion,and thier dietys are the Lord and the Lady,most wiccans wont even acknowledge demons,and God forbid,they would never invoke a demon.

You will be hard pressed to find anyone wiccan who believes in the devil.Just because thier diety has horns,and goats foot,doesnt mean its the devil.

No more than any hindu god,who may look like the devil.They dont see it that way.

Wiccans do not acknowledge the existence of the christian devil,and probably never will.

Upvote 0

meebs

The dev!l loves rock and roll
Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Angel4Truth

Legend
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I checked to see if anyone on ebay had one for sale to see if it was indeed real too and yes indeed it was real and ended up pulled here is a pic of the packaging :

ba_1.JPG

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[jaded]So what, does this Secret Spells Barbie tell girls what diet pills to take, what growth hormones to swallow, which plastic surgeons to see so they can look like Barbie?
[/jaded]

What happened to Career Barbies from the 80's? They were cool...

Upvote 0

meebs

The dev!l loves rock and roll
Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
SallyNow said:
[jaded]So what, does this Secret Spells Barbie tell girls what diet pills to take, what growth hormones to swallow, which plastic surgeons to see so they can look like Barbie?
[/jaded]

What happened to Career Barbies from the 80's? They were cool...

80's career barbies :eek: oh no, dont tell me they had enourmous shoulder pads on their jackets.

EDIT (i may point out this was when i was waaaay younger :D ): my barbies wore no clothes sometimes, i had ken. also i had cindy. they all got on. they would fly around cos they had super powers like Superman and supergirl.

...:sorry:

a mad wander down memory lane.

*runs away*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
jellybean said:
80's career barbies :eek: oh no, dont tell me they had enourmous shoulder pads on their jackets.

EDIT (i may point out this was when i was waaaay younger :D ): my barbies wore no clothes sometimes, i had ken. also i had cindy. they all got on. they would fly around cos they had super powers like Superman and supergirl.

...:sorry:

a mad wander down memory lane.

*runs away*

See, that's the point: while the name or clothing of the Barbie might influence what a kid does with a little, it's still up the child's imagination! Every kid does wierd things with their Barbies or Kens, because each child is learning and developing their imagination and using their imagination to develop a sense and understanding of reality!

Children will take a Secret Spells Barbie and make them into a teacher. Or they will take Fashion Barbie and turn them into a SAHM. Or they will take Career Ken and turn him into a surfer dude.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jul 21, 2006
Wyoming
✟7,641.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Zoot said:
Wiccan Barbie. I can imagine it now. "Press the button on Wiccan Barbie's back and she spouts Genuine Wiccan Phrases and Bad Poetry!"

Press. "Don't be so closed-minded!"

Press. "Wear your butterflies with pride!"

Press. "I am really interesting and freaky and not at all boring, as you can tell by my clothes and manner of speech! Let's go listen to Sarah McLaughlin!"

It's lucky no Wiccan Barbie actually exists. Children would end up growing up to be Wiccans!
It is funny to me that you are practicing the same religious intolerance that our military is fighting against in the middle east. Perhaps a little study would reveal some interesting "truths" about paganism and christianity.

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
MrsMom said:
"knockoffs" of Barbie

I wonder if there is a "Teen preggo barbie"

and here are a few I would love to see (to name but a few):

Chat Room Barbie (with head set)
Atheist Barbie (with ACLU manifest)
Progressive Barbie (with Hillary Clinton t-shirt)
Democrat Barbie (with batterie-driven donkey)
Republican Barbie (with Iran invasion maps)

Upvote 0