Mattell makes Wiccan Barbie - Is this right?

Sabina41

Oct 27, 2005
Maryland
Visit site
✟944.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Chajara said:
Well this is an example of thread necromancy if I ever saw one.

Whoops, did I say "necromancy"? Sorry, I meant... er... some other word for raising of the dead that, um... doesn't involve magic? XD

lol...yea I thought that as well. I was going to post something asking the OP if she opposed the promotion of unrealistic body images as fiercely as a supposed Wiccan Barbie...and then realized the thread was 3 years old. But then, I guess I just posted my inital point anyway :p

Reactions: BigToe
Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
LouTheWicked said:
Haha, yes, I'm sure every girl who gets one will be inspired to sacrifice their younger siblings to Satan and drink goat's blood and scribble pentagons on their walls.

Sacrificing younger siblings to Satan?

So I can see Satanism hasn't changed...

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Vylo said:
I don't think any of us would complain about a christian barbie, at least I wouldn't.

My one friend owns a Jesus action figure, "with real gliding action!".

No walk on water?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
hardcoreGL1229 said:
Wow...whatever happened to just Barbie?:confused: Now there is like Shopping Barbie...rockstar Barbie...cheerleader Barbie...it's all very interesting. I guess they are trying to broaden their Barbie horizons.
It's just getting kids to buy more. Look at any toy, like Batman for instance. They have Jungle Batman, Ice Storm Batman, Firesuit Batman, Nightvision Batman, Knight Batman, and the list goes on.

Toys are about creating a product with an extensive line. You then try to convince kids that they need the whole collection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thenewageriseth

Stranger in my town, commoner in my realm
Apr 28, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟27,180.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Mandrake said:
I have Moses, who comes with detachable 10 Commandments tablets for real wrath-of-God action.

LMBO! Oh that's rich LOL :D :D where do you find these action figures? LOL Cool! They sound like they really kick some Demonic tail LOL ^_^

Upvote 0

thenewageriseth

Stranger in my town, commoner in my realm
Apr 28, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟27,180.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
correlationrevelation said:
That is awful! I will never allow my daughters to own a My Scene or Bratz doll, because they look like prostitutes, but my 4 year old has 3 Barbie dolls. Sheesh.
correlationrevelation said:
- Adrienne

My small observations go to those small Bratz baby dolls with those clothes on. And I debated to myself: was it even right for lil baby dolls like that, to wear that kinda stuff? Or am I just tweaking on that issue?

Upvote 0