Mattell makes Wiccan Barbie - Is this right?

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Satan is actually laughing at people being sucked in by Witchcraft and Wicca because that is exactly what he wants is for people especially children to start messing around with it. It is very disturbing but I am not shocked that there is a Wiccan Barbie. Witchcraft is real and is of Satan and when you combine children's toys with something like that it makes it appear to be for fun or no big deal and just pretend which is very wrong because it is a big deal and should not be taken lightly. And we wonder why the world is so evil and why kids are doing drugs and everybody is killing everybody else. It's because in alot of people's eyes nothing is wrong as long as it feels good. Anything that messes around with spirits or spells or anything is dangerous whether it is called White or Black it is all coming from the same place and people are being made to believe that as long as it is White Magic it is ok and only the Black is bad. Very sad and scary what our children are being exposed to.

That's fine, were laughing at people like you who lack the ability to tell the difference between reality and fantasy.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1. It is secret spells barbie, like Sabrina or Charmed, not Wicca Barbie.

2. Even if it was Wicca Barbie do you actually know what you are talking about?

Do you know good from evil? Do know which side of the fence Wicca is on?

I don't mean the round about reasoning Evil = Satan = Witches = Wicca = Trees = Nature = Science = Books = learning = internet = computers sort of way of thinking by association.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course it is.

If you don't like the doll, don't buy it for your children. If we censored everything which with we disagreed, there'd be nothing left.

It's not Mattel's responsibility to raise your children. It's yours. If your children can't tell the difference between a doll and reality, that's a problem that goes beyond any kind of "objectionable" doll - a problem which isn't Mattel's fault.
Ringo

Upvote 0

aspirine

May 7, 2007
✟7,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah they should do something about it like... not buying one for their children if they do not think it is a good thing. Mattell is in the business of making a profit for their shareholders. If Wicca Barbie sells then Mattell has done the job Mattell is supposed to do.

Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mattel has the right to produce the kind of toys they want, and we the consumers can vote with our wallets; no one is forcing us to buy Barbies, just like no one is forcing us to buy those killing machine toys for boys. Our choice. If the consumers reject this particular "Wiccan" Barbie and the doll does not fly out of the shelves, Mattel will drop the unprofitable product. Simple as that.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Everyone!

It has been brought to my attention that there is a new "Secret Spells" (Wiccan) Barbie that teaches young impressionable girls how to mix potions and cast spells. Mattel promotes this Barbie by putting words like "Barbie Hides Magic Supplies in a trick school book" on the box and "No one suspects that this ordinary school girl is actually one of the Secret Spells girls!". The box goes on to say "It's a night of white magic and spells for the Secret Spells trio" (there are three dolls). I saw a commercial for this Barbie and it featured three little girls mixing potions in a cauldron at night. Since when does Barbie promote witchcraft?!?!?!?!?! I'm outraged! Someone ought to do something about this.

-MrsMom
Barbie has promoted sick and twisted things since her dawn. Unhealthy ideas about one's looks primarily. Barbies are so thin a real-life counterpart would not be able to support her own weight, but her back would snap under the strain.
She's far too thin.
But oh well. If this is what it takes for people to switch from giving their daughters barbies to giving them something promoting stuff that is less dubious, I say they should create a warlock Ken.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Barbie has promoted sick and twisted things since her dawn. Unhealthy ideas about one's looks primarily. Barbies are so thin a real-life counterpart would not be able to support her own weight, but her back would snap under the strain.
She's far too thin.
But oh well. If this is what it takes for people to switch from giving their daughters barbies to giving them something promoting stuff that is less dubious, I say they should create a warlock Ken.

Good point.

Upvote 0

AriaSawn

Jan 26, 2013
✟15,111.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
ok you are completly over reacting ok. im a wiccan and im not consomed by the devil. i think it is great that mantel is doing this. i think that all children need to learn about other religions so that when they are old enough to chose there religon they have the right understanding of all religions. i do belive that the doll has a misconseption about wicca to. its not all like -poof- and the whole class turns into frogs. and some people belive that wicca is the worsope of the devil but its not if any thing it is the worsip of nature. also when people say that wiccans take living sacrifices that is a stereotype. wiccans are pacifists which means we will not hurt any thing.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It must be close to Halloween. Threads are rising from the grave.
Great, this topic got resurrected...
ok you are completly over reacting ok. im a wiccan and im not consomed by the devil. i think it is great that mantel is doing this. i think that all children need to learn about other religions so that when they are old enough to chose there religon they have the right understanding of all religions. i do belive that the doll has a misconseption about wicca to. its not all like -poof- and the whole class turns into frogs. and some people belive that wicca is the worsope of the devil but its not if any thing it is the worsip of nature. also when people say that wiccans take living sacrifices that is a stereotype. wiccans are pacifists which means we will not hurt any thing.

Zombie Thread, 10 Years OLD

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I count three. Once for each Wiccan Barbie. Coincidence? I think not. :waaah:
Look, when a rotting corpse of a thread comes stumbling through my living room I don't really count how many times it has been raised. I just aim for the brain pan and grab a lighter and some Ronsol.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Zombie Thread, 10 Years OLD
I can't believe this forums been around ten years. I'm more surprised this thread hasn't been deleted yet. I guess nothing gets deleted around here. I'm not sure what to think about the doll. I think most barbie dolls aren't appropriate for Christians, but thats the parents job, to not to get it, if that the case.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't believe this forums been around ten years. I'm more surprised this thread hasn't been deleted yet. I guess nothing gets deleted around here. I'm not sure what to think about the doll. I think most barbie dolls aren't appropriate for Christians, but thats the parents job, to not to get it, if that the case.

If you look at Erwin's Profile it was created in 2001 :)
http://www.christianforums.com/users/1/

Upvote 0