Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In Isaiah 14, the person's soul in hell, he is not the Antichrist, King of Israel any longer at that time. When he goes into the temple sits, claims to be God, the Jews will be mortified and reject him as continuing as their King of Israel.

It ends his stint as the Antichrist. He becomes the revealed man of sin. Who will be killed and brought back to life as the beast.

You have two things you need to change in your end times view.

1. The Antichrist is only for when the person is in the role of the King of Israel, perceived messiah by the Jews.... for about 3 years.

2. Before becoming the Antichrist, he is the King of the Roman Empire. And after his 3 years (thereabouts) stint as the Antichrist, he becomes the beast, the King of the Roman Empire.

How do you get any of this out of DANIEL and REVELATION? This is only your own private interpretation. For me brother (please forgive me) but I cannot see how you have proven any of what you have stated above in the scriptures.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not really brother. As posted earlier it can be shown very clearly through the books of DANIEL AND REVELATION who the antichrist is they are the Little Horn of the 4th BEAST of DANIEL 7, the first BEAST of REVELATION 13, BABYLON the Mother of harlots. These are all the same power that deceive the world into receiving the MARK OF THE BEAST. The number of the BEAST is the number of a man and it's number is 666. (See the OP for scripture support).
You are regarding only part of the bible, and disregarding the other parts - that show your position flawed.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are regarding only part of the bible, and disregarding the other parts - that show your position flawed.

No brother, not at all but let me prove it by taking what you have posted to the light of God's Word.

As shown ealier we need to follow the rules of prophetic interpretation and that is...

2 PETER 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

That is we must let the scriptures interpret the scriptures brother. We are not to put our own private interpretation on them.

Please forgive me but if you do not mind let's look at an example here. You claim in your previous post in your own words that in your view the antichrist...

Douggg said: 2. Before becoming the Antichrist, he is the King of the Roman Empire. And after his 3 years (thereabouts) stint as the Antichrist, he becomes the beast, the King of the Roman Empire.

The red emphasis was added by me. So your interpretation of a BEAST in bible prophecy is that of a man turning into a beast. Yet if we use the biblical rules of prophecy interpretation of letting the scriptures interpret themselves as shown in 2 PETER 1:20 we get a totally different interpretation and meaning of as BEAST and a KING

If we let the scriptures interpret the scriptures this is what we get....

DANIEL 7:23-25
[23], Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
[24], And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
[25], And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Ok now if we let the scriptures interpret the scripture according to the rules of prophetic interpretation found i 2 PETER 1:20 we see that a BEAST = a KINGDOM and a HORN on a BEAST = a KING. This is God's WORD and GOD's definition of the symbols used in prophetic scripture (not mine).

Can you see your error here brother in adding your own private interpretation to God's WORD?

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How do you get any of this out of DANIEL and REVELATION? This is only your own private interpretation. For me brother (please forgive me) but I cannot see how you have proven any of what you have stated above in the scriptures.
It is not out of just Daniel and Revelation. It is not simple, but complex. And from the segments I do give - you are not going to be able to the piece together. I can just give you the fundamental principles and point you in the right direction.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is not out of just Daniel and Revelation. It is not simple, but complex. And from the segments I do give - you are not going to be able to the piece together. I can just give you the fundamental principles and point you in the right direction.

It is ok brother Dougg. I appreciate your thoughts though and sharing. We will have to agree to disagree I guess but I did enjoy discussing the scriptures with you. May God bless you as you seek him through his Word. I have to go for now. Happy to chat more latter Dougg. :wave:

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ok now if we let the scriptures interpret the scripture according to the rules of prophetic interpretation found i 2 PETER 1:20 we see that a BEAST = a KINGDOM and a HORN on a BEAST = a KING. This is God's WORD and GOd's definition of the symbols used in prophetic scripture.

Can you see your error here brother in adding your own private interpretation to God's WORD?
You are reading only what you want to read.

From Daniel 7...
17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

From Revelation 17...

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are reading only what you want to read.

From Daniel 7...
17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

From Revelation 17...

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Not at all brother, I think it is the other way around. Actually did you know brother that the Septuagint, Vulgate Latin, and Arabic versions all translate DANIEL 7:17 as KINGDOMS? This does not really matter however as the context of my previous post was the 4TH BEAST where the Antichrist comes from, not that other BEASTS. The scriptures that have been posted to you are specific to the 4TH BEAST.

We are talking about the 4th BEAST with 10 HORNS from DANIEL 7:23-25, God's WORD says that the BEAST represents a KINGDOM and the HORNS on the 4th BEAST (KINGDOM) represent a KING.

If we let the scriptures interpret the scriptures this is what we get....

[23], Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
[24], And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
[25], And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Ok now if we let the scriptures interpret the scripture according to the rules of prophetic interpretation found i 2 PETER 1:20 we see that a BEAST = a KINGDOM and a HORN on a BEAST = a KING. This is God's WORD and GOD's definition of the symbols used in prophetic scripture (not mine).

I am not normally one for commentaries but perhaps these may help the discussion here...

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
These great beasts, which are four, are four kings,.... Or kingdoms, as the Septuagint, Vulgate Latin, and Arabic versions; and so Jarchi, Aben Ezra, and Saadiah; so the fourth beast is called the fourth kingdom, Daniel 7:23 or a succession of kings in four kingdoms or monarchies, comparable to beasts for their strength, cruelty, and tyranny: these are the words of him that stood by, of one of the angels Daniel applied to, to know the meaning of his dream; and might be better rendered, "as to these (c) great beasts, which are four"; for their quality beasts, for their quantity great, and for number four. The meaning is, four kings shall arise out of the earth; or kingdoms; which have an earthly original and foundation; are supported by earthly and worldly means, and with earthly and worldly views; and are different from the kingdom of Christ and his saints, which is not of the world, though it may be in it: this explains what is meant by the great sea, from whence these beasts are said to come up, Daniel 7:3, nor is it any material objection that the first of these kingdoms, the Babylonian, was risen already, and almost at an end; since the denomination is taken from the larger number; three of them were to arise, and the first was of the same original with them; thus it is said, Daniel 11:2, that three kings of Persia should stand up, and yet Cyrus, who was one of them, reigned already.

Barnes' Notes on the Bible
These great beasts, which are four, are four kings - Four kings or four dynasties. There is no reason for supposing that they refer to individual kings, but the obvious meaning is, that they refer to four dominions or empires that would succeed one another on the earth. So the whole representation leads us to suppose, and so the passage has been always interpreted. The Latin Vulgate renders it regna; the Septuagint βασιλεῖαι basileiai; Luther, Reiche; Lengerke, Konigreiche. This interpretation is confirmed, also, by Daniel 7:23, where it is expressly said that "the fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth." See also Daniel 7:24.Which shall arise out of the earth - In Daniel 7:2 the beasts are represented as coming up from the sea - the emblem of agitated nations. Here the same idea is presented more literally - that they would seem to spring up out of the earth, thus thrown into wild commotion. These dynasties were to be upon the earth, and they were in all things to indicate their earthly origin. Perhaps, also, it is designed by these words to denote a marked contrast between these four dynasties and the one that would follow - which would be of heavenly origin. This was the general intimation which was given to the meaning of the vision, and he was satisfied at once as to the explanation, so far as the first three were concerned; but the fourth seemed to indicate more mysterious and important events, and respecting this he was induced to ask a more particular explanation.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
17. kings—that is, kingdoms. Compare Da 7:23, "fourth kingdom"; Da 2:38; 8:20-22. Each of the four kings represents a dynasty. Nebuchadnezzar, Alexander, Antiochus, and Antichrist, though individually referred to, are representatives of characteristic tendencies.

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
(17) Four kings.—Kingdoms are frequently represented by their heads or founders; hence kings and kingdoms are occasionally used synonymously. (Comp. Daniel 8:21.)

Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges
17. The four beasts represent four kings, or (Daniel 7:23) four kingdoms, the ‘king’ in each case being not an individual king, but a typical king, embodying the characteristics of the empire ruled by him. The angel does not however dwell more fully on the ‘beasts,’ or interpret their symbolism; but hastens (Daniel 7:18) to explain the nature of the kingdom which is to succeed theirs.

REVELATION 17 brother only supports what I have been sharing with you when shown in context. Let's look at it with the surrounding scriptures.

REVELATION 17:3; 8-12

[3], So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit on a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

[8], The beast that you saw was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
[9], And here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sits.
[10], And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space.
[11], And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.
[12], And the ten horns which you saw are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

The SEVEN Heads of the BEAST are the SEVEN KINGDOMS (KINGS) of TIME.

FIVE KINGS and their KINGDOMS have fallen
1. Egypt,
2. Assyria
3. Babylon,
4. Medes and Persians,
5. Greece

6. One is (John's time) = Roman Empire.

7. One to come = Daniel 7 shows as the little Horn that comes out of the Roman Empire (Roman Catholic Church) This is the BEAST that was and is not and is the eighth and of the seven v11.

v12 And the ten horns which you saw are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. Yet to come...

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
Revelation 17:10. there are—Translate, "they (the seven heads) are seven kings."
five … one—Greek, "the five … the one"; the first five of the seven are fallen (a word applicable not to forms of government passing away, but to the fall of once powerful empires: Egypt, Eze 29:1-30:26; Assyria and Nineveh, Na 3:1-19; Babylon, Re 18:2; Jer 50:1-51:64; Medo-Persia, Da 8:3-7, 20-22; 10:13; 11:2; Greece, Da 11:4). Rome was "the one" existing in John's days. "Kings" is the Scripture phrase for kingdoms, because these kingdoms are generally represented in character by some one prominent head, as Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar, Medo-Persia by Cyrus, Greece by Alexander, &c.

Sorry brother I think God's WORD is very clear here. Ok I have to go for a while now. Perhaps we can talk more latter.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not at all brother, I think it is the other way around. Actually did you know brother that the Septuagint, Vulgate Latin, and Arabic versions all translate DANIEL 7:17 as KINGDOMS? This does not really matter however as the context of my previous post was the 4TH BEAST where the Antichrist comes from, not that other BEASTS. The scriptures that have been posted to you are specific to the 4TH BEAST.

We are talking about the 4th BEAST with 10 HORNS from DANIEL 7:23-25, God's WORD says that the BEAST represents a KINGDOM and the HORNS on the 4th BEAST (KINGDOM) represent a KING.
I have no disagreement that the first beast in Revelation 13 represents a kingdom. But the first beast represents both a kingdom and a king.

The end times beast and the end times kingdom of the beast, and the ten horns kings that rule with him. (signified by having their crowns in Revelation 13:1).

The one wounded, but recovered, head is king 7, The heads do not have crowns because the prophecy of the 7 kings in Revelation 17:10 is over at that point.

The SEVEN Heads of the BEAST are the SEVEN KINGDOMS (KINGS) of TIME.

FIVE KINGS and their KINGDOMS have fallen
1. Egypt,
2. Assyria
3. Babylon,
4. Medes and Persians,
5. Greece
After telling me that the beast comes out of the fourth kingdom, you want to turn around and ditch the fourth kingdom to come up with five kingdoms in Revelation 17:10 ? Really?

The 7 kings are kings of the fourth kingdom. The Roman Empire. The beast in Revelation 17:11 will be the 8th king of that kingdom.

1. Julius Caesar
2. Augustus
3. Tiberius
4. Caligula
5. Claudius
6. Nero - last of the historic Julio-Claudians

7. end times little horn, 7th Julio-Claudian family king.
8. the beast, 8th Julio-Claudian family king (same person as king 7)

Revelation 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

.....continues the short space, the 42 months, after he is killed and brought back to life as the 8th Julio-Claudian family king - becoming the beast.

Revelation 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello brother Dougg, nice to see you again my friend. Some comments for the discussion below. Hope you are well.
I have no disagreement that the first beast in Revelation 13 represents a kingdom. But the first beast represents both a kingdom and a king.

You cannot have a kingdom without a having someone to rule it that someone being a king or the head of the kingdom.

The end times beast and the end times kingdom of the beast, and the ten horns kings that rule with him. (signified by having their crowns in Revelation 13:1).

This statement is very confusing the way you have worded it here brother. Did you wish to explain it further?

The one wounded, but recovered, head is king 7, The heads do not have crowns because the prophecy of the 7 kings in Revelation 17:10 is over at that point.

Partly correct brother but not completely. The scripture says...

REVELATION 17:10, And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space.

So 5 have fallen, one is (in John's time) and one was yet to come. So no brother if one was in John's time (Roman empire) and another was to come then the prophecy was NOT over as you claim.

After telling me that the beast comes out of the fourth kingdom, you want to turn around and ditch the fourth kingdom to come up with five kingdoms in Revelation 17:10 ? Really?

Absoluetly! Why not? You are comparing the different symbols used in the books of DANIEL and REVELATION. In DANIEL that Roman Catholic Church represented as the LITTLE HORN comes out of the 4th BEAST which is the Roman Empire *DANIEL 7:23-25. The 4th BEAST of DANIEL 7 is not the same BEAST (KINGDOM) of REVELATION 17. The BEAST of REVELATION 17 is the combination of all World powers that have persecuted God's people. Your mixing up your BEASTS *KINGDOMS between the book of DANIEL and the BOOK of REVELATION.

The 7 kings are kings of the fourth kingdom. The Roman Empire. The beast in Revelation 17:11 will be the 8th king of that kingdom.

1. Julius Caesar
2. Augustus
3. Tiberius
4. Caligula
5. Claudius
6. Nero - last of the historic Julio-Claudians

7. end times little horn, 7th Julio-Claudian family king.
8. the beast, 8th Julio-Claudian family king (same person as king 7)

Revelation 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

.....continues the short space, the 42 months, after he is killed and brought back to life as the 8th Julio-Claudian family king - becoming the beast.

Revelation 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Sorry brother too many holes in this interpretation and it is your own. Your interpretation here is that the BEAST of REVELATION 17 is that of the ROMAN empire alone. If this is true please answer the following questions.

1. Who is the Great harlot Woman BABYLON the mother of harlots that sits on the BEAST of *REVELATION 17:1-5?

2. How did the WOMAN BABYLON the mother of harlots that sits on this BEAST commit fornication with the kings of the earth making the kings of the eath drunk*REVELATION 17:2?

3. Why is the WOMAN BABYLON the mother of harlots drunk with the Blood of the martys of Jesus *REVELATION 17:6 ?

3. What was the BEAST that still is *REVELATION 17:10?

4. You claim that the SEVENTH BEAST (KINGDOM) which REVELATION 17:10 says is STILL TO COME as the LITTLE HORN of DANIEL 7:23-25 as Julio-Claudian family king. Please explain how this BEAST was and is not and will ascends out of the bottomless pit and how all those not written in God's book of life will wonder after it? According to your interpretation here one of your kings have died and comes back to life. Does this make sense?

5. How has the LITTLE HORN of DANIEL 7 which you claim is Julio-Claudian family king change TIMES AND LAWS * DANIEL 7:25

6. How does the LITTLE HORN subdue and pluck up three KINGDOMS on it's rise to power *DANIEL 7:8

7. Who are the 4 BEASTS that preceed the LITTLE HORN of DANIEL 7?

Brother the Roman Catholic Church fulfills all of the above and more.

May God help you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is only one - Jesus. ....

Likewise, there will be only one "the Antichrist".

Well, Someone must have forgotten to mention that to John:
1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

(Apparently, someone also forgot to mention to John that it was NOT the "last Hour" back in the 1st century as he claimed either... How do you think John could have been so wrong about all of this?)

The lack of knowledge and awareness on this matter is broad among Christians.

So much so that apparently even the Apostle John lacked the knowledge that YOU have?

1 JOHN 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour: and as ye heard that antichrist cometh, even now have there arisen many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last hour.

Anitchrist singular. Them John was speaking to already had heard that a singular Antichrist was coming.

Indeed they had, and John is very clear about its singular identity:

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Antichrist is not a He, Antichrist is an IT.
John acknowledged that they had heard IT was coming, and John then testified to them that IT had arrived.

Antichrist is not a person, it is a SPIRIT, according to Scripture, a SINGULAR SPIRIT that affected MANY in the first century, Proving to John that the LAST HOUR had come upon him and his 1st-century contemporaries... (if we are to believe the words of scripture)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You cannot have a kingdom without a having someone to rule it that someone being a king or the head of the kingdom.
That is not a point of disagreement. The issue is that the kings - not kingdoms - are 7 of one kingdom - the fourth kingdom.

Douggg said:
"I have no disagreement that the first beast in Revelation 13 represents a kingdom. But the first beast represents both a kingdom and a king."

This statement is very confusing the way you have worded it here brother. Did you wish to explain it further?

I should have communicated better. The first beast in Revelation 13 does represent a kingdom - but it also represents a king. Basically, that is how Daniel 7 represents the beast(s), as both kingdoms and kings. The kings are the 4 most notable kings over those kingdoms.

Babylon kingdom - Nebuchadnezzar
Medes/Persians- Cyrus
Greek kingdom - Alexander
Roman kingdom - end times person little horn/beast

In Revelation 13, the first beast represents the 8th king of Revelation 17:11. It is the same person, who previous to his stint as the Antichrist (King of Israel, illegitimate), was the little horn, the 7th king of Revelation 17:10. This person is end times, and will shortly emerge.

The kingdom of the 8th king - the beast - will be the kingdom of the ten kings, who in Revelation 17:17 it says give their kingdom to him. Their kingdom is the Roman Empire of the times. Which will be the EU in its final form.

Partly correct brother but not completely. The scripture says...

REVELATION 17:10, And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space.

So 5 have fallen, one is (in John's time) and one was yet to come. So no brother if one was in John's time (Roman empire) and another was to come then the prophecy was NOT over as you claim.
I was right in what I wrote. I will explain.

LGW, when reading Revelation 13, 12, 17 - a person has to take into account the timestamp of each of those chapters - because the status of the horns, heads, changes depending on the timestamp of the contents of that chapter - in regards to visual image of the beast John saw. (time stamp in blue)

Revelation 17 - 1st century

heads - no crowns (7 kings prophecy incomplete)
horns - no crowns (ten kings are end times)
beast - an unclean spirit is in the bottomless pit has not come out to possess the end times person, so John sees Satan, the scarlet colored beast, as a stand in.

Revelation 12 - end times, the full 7 years in the Chapter, 12:6 + 12:14

heads - crowns (because little horn has come to power, completing the 7 kings prophecy)
horns - no crowns (the beast spirit is still in the bottomless pit for the ten kings to rule with him)
beast, as a unclean spirit is still in the bottomless pit, so John sees Satan, the red dragon.

Revelation 13 - end times, the last 42 months of the 7 years, Revelation 13:5

heads - no crowns, one head wounded, (because the 7th king has been killed, ending the prophecy of the 7 kings with 42 months left in the 7 years)
horns - crowns because the beast, as an unclean spirit has come out of the bottomless pit and has possessed the slain and brought-back-to-life revealed man of sin. And the ten kings receive power with the beast (Revelation 17:12)

In Revelation 13, Satan is no longer seen as a stand-in in the visual (like in Revelation 12 and 17) because the beast, as an unclean spirit has come out of the bottomless pit.

btw, in Revelation 17, John could not see the actual beast, as an unclean spirit was in the bottomless pit - John has to be told about him by the angel.

Absoluetly! Why not? You are comparing the different symbols used in the books of DANIEL and REVELATION. In DANIEL that Roman Catholic Church represented as the LITTLE HORN comes out of the 4th BEAST which is the Roman Empire *DANIEL 7:23-25. The 4th BEAST of DANIEL 7 is not the same BEAST (KINGDOM) of REVELATION 17. The BEAST of REVELATION 17 is the combination of all World powers that have persecuted God's people. Your mixing up your BEASTS *KINGDOMS between the book of DANIEL and the BOOK of REVELATION.
There is currently a disembodied spirit (of someone, we aren't told who) in the bottomless pit called the beast. That spirit someday, when the end times revealed man of sin is killed and brought back to life, will be allowed to come out of the bottomless pit and possess him.

That is what turns the end times person into becoming the "beast".

Sorry brother too many holes in this interpretation and it is your own. Your interpretation here is that the BEAST of REVELATION 17 is that of the ROMAN empire alone. If this is true please answer the following questions.
No, that is not what I believe. The beast in Revelation 17:8 is not a kingdom at all.

Revelation 17:8a The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition:

In Revelation 17:8a, the first part of the verse - it is talking about a disembodied spirit of someone who once was alive, but is now dead.

And will someday as a unclean spirit will come out and possess the end times person in 17:8b.

"was, and is not" - was alive and is not alive anymore. "shall ascend out of the bottomless pit," - as a spirit, as he himself is not resurrected into a new body.
_____________________________________________________________________ Revelation 17:8b :and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

In Revelation 17:8b, the second part of the verse - it is talking about the end times person, who the world will see killed, but comes back to life. Which will cause to most of the world to believe his claim of having achieved God-hood. "was, and is not, and yet is."

The world will see him alive in his body, then killed (dies) in his body, and comes back to life in his body. But possessed by the spirit of 17:8a that comes out of the bottomless pit.

Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That is not a point of disagreement. The issue is that the kings - not kingdoms - are 7 of one kingdom - the fourth kingdom

Hello brother doug nice to see you again. Indeed. It is a fine line I guess. I think from what is shown in the scriptures it is both the kings and the kingdoms. The emphasis however from the scriptures is on the kingdoms as these may have many kings while they are in power. I think your problem is that you seem to be applying the 4th BEAST KINGDOM of DANIEL 7:23-25 to REVELATION 17. These are different beasts. REVELATION 17 is the kingdoms that the devil has used all through time to persecute God's people while the 4th BEAST KINGDOM of DANIEL represents the pagan ROMAN Empire and the LITTLE HORN represents the PAPACY (Roman Catholic Church).

I should have communicated better. The first beast in Revelation 13 does represent a kingdom - but it also represents a king. Basically, that is how Daniel 7 represents the beast(s), as both kingdoms and kings. The kings are the 4 most notable kings over those kingdoms.

Babylon kingdom - Nebuchadnezzar
Medes/Persians- Cyrus
Greek kingdom - Alexander
Roman kingdom - end times person little horn/beast

Well the problem you have for yourself is that of the one pointed out earlier. Who is the most notable king of the 4th BEAST which was the ROMAN empire? Your correct in that the 4th BEAST represents the KINGDOM of the ROMANS empire. That is why it is written

The BEASTS represent KINGDOMS and the HORNS on the BEASTS represent the KINGS. One thing about God's WORD if it wishes to discuss individual kings within a kingdom it does so and mentions those kings by name.

In Revelation 13, the first beast represents the 8th king of Revelation 17:11. It is the same person, who previous to his stint as the Antichrist (King of Israel, illegitimate), was the little horn, the 7th king of Revelation 17:10. This person is end times, and will shortly emerge. The kingdom of the 8th king - the beast - will be the kingdom of the ten kings, who in Revelation 17:17 it says give their kingdom to him. Their kingdom is the Roman Empire of the times. Which will be the EU in its final form.

Please brother prove that REVELATION 13 is the same BEAST (KINGDOM) as the eigth BEAST of REVELATION 17? Actually, I believe it is too but the application only fits that of the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. Which is linked to the book of DANIEL. This is why all those questions in the previous post were provided to you that you ignored and did not answer. Those seven questions were provided as a help to you to show your interpretation of the scriptures do not apply.

I was right in what I wrote. I will explain. LGW, when reading Revelation 13, 12, 17 - a person has to take into account the timestamp of each of those chapters - because the status of the horns, heads, changes depending on the timestamp of the contents of that chapter - in regards to visual image of the beast John saw. (time stamp in blue)

Revelation 17 - 1st century

heads - no crowns (7 kings prophecy incomplete)
horns - no crowns (ten kings are end times)
beast spirit in the bottomless pit, so John sees Satan, the scarlet colored beast, as a stand in.

Revelation 12 - end times, the full 7 years in the Chapter, 12:6 + 12:14

heads - crowns (because little horn has come to power, completing the 7 kings prophecy)
horns - no crowns (the beast spirit is still in the bottomless pit for the ten kings to rule with him)
beast spirit is still in the bottomless pit, so John sees Satan, the red dragon.

Revelation 13 - end times, the last 42 months of the 7 years, Revelation 13:5

heads - no crowns, one head wounded, (because the 7th king has been killed, ending the prophecy of the 7 kings with 42 months left in the 7 years)
horns - crowns because the beast spirit has come out of the bottomless pit and has possessed the slain and brought-back-to-life revealed man of sin. And the ten kings receive power with the beast (Revelation 17:12)

In Revelation 13, Satan is no longer seen as a stand-in in the visual (like in Revelation 12 and 17) because the beast spirit has come out of the bottomless pit.

btw, in Revelation 17, John could not see the actual beast spirit as the sprit was in the bottomless pit - John has to be told about him by the angel.

I think here brother you need to be careful as you are putting much of your own interpretation on the scrriptures that it is not saying. Where are the scriptures relating to time stamps and is this time stamp in blue? Where does it say in the scriptures of a BEAST spirit in the bottomless pit or that Satan was a stand in?

Brother the 42 months of Revelation 11:2; 12:6; 14' 13:5 also the time, times and half a time are all in relation to the 1260 day/year time prophecy of Daniel 7:25, the little HORN and first BEAST of REVELATION 13.

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Dan 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

The word time in this context refers to a period of a year. In the story of King Nebuchadnezzar, because of his pride, he went crazy for seven years and ate grass as an ox-

Dan 4:32 And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

So on a literal level, time, times and half a time means time (1 year), times (2 years) and half a time (1/2 year) or 3 1/2 years. Most people who study Bible prophecy stop at this point and accept the 3 1/2 years only at face value. The period that this is generally attributed to by most people, is the last half of the 70th week of Daniel and the reign of the AntiChrist, which is proposed to be fulfilled at some time in the future.

A Day Equals One Year

The 70 week prophecy of Daniel 9:24, however, establishes a principle related to prophetic time that few completely understand. Virtually everyone acknowledges that the 70 weeks are not literally 70 weeks, but rather 70 weeks of years, or 490 years. The principle is that in Bible prophecy, you must substitute a period of a year in place of a day. This is the day=year principle. This equation is clearly established in scripture-

Num 14:34 After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.

In this verse, a relationship between day and year is clear, each day will equate to a literal year. For the forty days that Israel spied in Canaan in unbelief, they would be punished by wandering forty years in the desert.

Ezek 4:6 And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.

Here again, the equation is stated quite openly, a prophetic day represents a literal year. So to return to the 70 weeks of Daniel, you must first determine the number of days represented. Seventy weeks is 70 x 7 or 490 days, which will then equate to a literal 490 years in the fulfillment of the prophecy.

The Lunar Calendar

So now to apply this formula to the 3 1/2 times we must first establish just exactly how many days this represents. The Jews did not use a solar calendar as we do today, they used instead a lunar calendar, as indicated in Psalms-

Psa 104:19 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.

The length of the lunar month can be determined from Genesis-

Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

Gen 7:24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

Gen 8:4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

Note that the there were exactly 5 months from the point where the flood began and the ark came to rest on Ararat, and that this was a period of 150 days. This demonstrates that the lunar calendar set forth in the Bible has a 30 day month, therefore the year is counted as 360 days. (This 360 day lunar year also accounts for the reason that there are 360 degrees in the compass).

The 1260 Days

Returning to the 3 1/2 times, which we now know represents 3 1/2 lunar years of 360 days each, using the same methodology as is used for the 70 weeks of Daniel we calculate it to actually represent 1260 literal years. So, Time, Times and half a Time in prophecy is really 1260 years! To confirm this formula we need only to look to the 12th chapter of the book of Revelation-

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Here the woman represents the faithful church, who flees into the wilderness for 1260 days. Again using the day=year formula, this actually speaks of 1260 years that the church would be persecuted. Now look at this next verse from the same chapter-

Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Here the exact same time of persecution is referred to as 3 1/2 times, again meaning the same period of 1260 days/years as found in verse 6. In the book of Daniel, this exact same period of persecution in church history is found-

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

This verse in context is referring to a period of time that the little horn or AntiChrist will persecute the true believers or true church, again for 1260 years. The same is true for this next verse-

Dan 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

The Two Witnesses

The exact same 1260 years is found in Revelation chapter 11-

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

The commonly accepted interpretation of the verse is that the two witnesses are real prophets, perhaps Moses and Elijah. When you understand that the time period does not represent 1260 literal days, but rather 1260 years, it can be seen that it cannot be referring to real people as witnesses. One clue is in the next verse-

Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

The two witnesses are also called two olive trees standing before God. This links us to-

Zec 4:2 And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:
Zec 4:3 And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.
Zec 4:4 So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?

Zechariah sees a candlestick and two olive trees and asks what they are. Note the answer-

Zec 4:5 Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Zec 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

The candlestick and two olive trees are the word of the Lord! So the language used in Revelation 11:4 is prophetic and symbolic, the two witnesses actually representing the word of God, the Old and New Testament, that would "prophesy in sackcloth" or be suppressed during the very same 1260 years of persecution we are considering.

The 42 Months = 1260 day/years

This same period of persecution is found in the following verses-

Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Again as in Rev 12, we have a strong relationship between this 42 months of verse 2 and the 1260 days of Rev 11: 3. Forty two months calculates as 42 x 30 (30 days in a lunar month) which equals 1260 days/years. This verse is saying that the Gentiles or unbelievers would trample the people of God (the holy city) for 1260 years. Again this same time period of 42 months is found in Revelation 13-

Rev 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

This passage speaks of the great and terrible beast from the sea, which actually is the same as the little horn of Daniel, which is to say the AntiChrist power that would persecute the people of God for 1260 years.

So, here is a complete listing of the passages that deal with the same 1260 year time period of persecution-

* 3 1/2 Times - Rev 12:14, Dan 7:25, Dan 12:7
* 1260 days - Rev 11:3, Rev 12:6
* 42 Months - Rev 11:2, Rev 13:5

If you know much about what is called the Dark Ages, then you probably know who this persecuting power is already. So now, to find out exactly when this 1260 years is fulfilled, and the real identity of the little horn and beast from the sea in Revelation that persecuted God's people for those 1260 years. Everything above is a fulfillment of the acts of the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (source and more information).

This is a summary of what the scriptures teach in DANIEL and REVEALTION 13

See this chart linked click me

Can you see the links here? Hope this is helpful

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Please brother prove that REVELATION 13 is the same BEAST (KINGDOM) as the eigth BEAST of REVELATION 17?
There is no eighth "beast" in Revelation 17:11.

Here's where you are going to have to pay attention. In Revelation 17:8, that verse is in two parts. The first part is about someone who died long ago and he as a disembodied spirit is in the bottomless pit.

When he is allowed to come out the pit, he does so as a spirit. He does not do so in a resurrected body. So he is the beast in Revelation 17:11.

So it is talking about a spirit who becomes the eighth king - by possessing king seven, after king seven is killed and brought back to life. It's that simple.

That king seven will be killed and brought back to life is Revelation 17:8b.

296145_35c687d6d098f7f74754a071430682a2.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
LoveGodsWord said:
Where does it say in the scriptures of a BEAST spirit in the bottomless pit or that Satan was a stand in?

You are recombining my words to something else. I didn't say "beast spirit". That's your rewording.

I explained why John saw Satan as a stand-in. It is because, the beast (as a disembodied spirit) was the bottomless pit. John was not able to peer into the bottomless pit.

So the visual John saw of the beast in Revelation 17:3 and 12:3, was of Satan, the power behind the beast. It is not until there are 42 months left that the beast (the unclean spirit) has ascended out of the bottomless pit... so in Revelation 13, Satan is not seen as the stand-in.

It is a visual thing in Revelation 17:3 and 12:3 - it is not as if Satan was taking the place of the beast.

The beast with the ten horns, 7 heads, crowns, no crowns - it is all visual coding, that has to be deciphered.

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-16_17-33-35.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-16_17-33-35.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A Day Equals One Year
I know that is what SDA wrongly teaches.

In Revelation 11, if the 42 months were 1260 days - then why does it says 42 months in one verse and differently 1260 days in the very next verse, if they were exactly the same?

In Revelation, the 42 months is not exactly 1260 days. Which is why they are specified differently in adjoining verses.

Revelation 11:
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is no eighth "beast" in Revelation 17:11.

Seems God's WORD disagree with you brother.

REVELATION 17:11 [11], And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.

Here's where you are going to have to pay attention. In Revelation 17:8, that verse is in two parts. The first part is about someone who died long ago and he as a disembodied spirit is in the bottomless pit.

When he is allowed to come out the pit, he does so as a spirit. He does not do so in a resurrected body. So he is the beast in Revelation 17:11.

So it is talking about a spirit who becomes the eighth king - by possessing king seven, after king seven is killed and brought back to life. It's that simple.

That king seven will be killed and brought back to life is Revelation 17:8b.

Sorry brother none of that is based on scripture following prophetic interpretation. It is your belief I guess but you cannot prove that some king somewhere dies and comes back to life again. Where are your scriptures? What king died and comes back to life again?

Sorry brother I think God's WORD disagrees with you here.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are recombining my words to something else. I didn't say "beast spirit". That's your rewording.

Hello brother Dougg, in regards to the beast spirit these are your words brother not mine and I was not re-wording what you posted. You said...
Dougg said: beast spirit in the bottomless pit, so John sees Satan, the scarlet colored beast, as a stand in.
Maybe you said it accidently?

I explained why John saw Satan as a stand-in. It is because, the beast (as a disembodied spirit) was the bottomless pit. John was not able to peer into the bottomless pit.

Brother I think this is something you are reading into your interpretation of the scriptures as you have no biblical support for many of your statements here. The main rule for biblical interpretation is to let the scriptures interpret their own meaning *2 PETER 1:20. It seems you are applying your own interpretations and meanings.

So the visual John saw of the beast in Revelation 17:3 and 12:3, was of Satan, the power behind the beast. It is not until there are 42 months left that the beast (the unclean spirit) has ascended out of the bottomless pit... so in Revelation 13, Satan is not seen as the stand-in.

Some of this I agree with brother. I believe that Satan is being referred to in the powers and kingdoms (BEASTS) he has used to persecute God's people. Your application of the 42 months however please see the second part of post # 52 linked with all the scriptures applied to the 42 months which = 1260 day/years and time and times and half a time in reference to DANIEL 7:25; 12:7; REVELATION 11:3; 12:6; 14; 13:5 . It seems you either missed it or chose to ignored it. Not sure which. If you disagree with anything in this post please show why?

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: A Day Equals One Year

I know that is what SDA wrongly teaches.

Hello brother, a day for a year in bible prophecy is biblical and from God's WORD not mine.

In bible prophecy, a day is equal to one year. The day for a year principle is clearly established in God's WORD...

NUMBERS 14:34 After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.

In this verse, a relationship between day and year is clear, each day will equate to a literal year. For the forty days that Israel spied in Canaan in unbelief, they would be punished by wandering forty years in the desert.

and again...

EZEKIEL 4:6 And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.

Yep seem like there is plenty of biblical support here. In fact if you are interested if you look at the prophecy in DANIEL 9:24-27 we can trace it exactly to the Messiah. Let me know if your interested happy to share the timeline applying the day = a year bible guide?

So no brother it is scripture that supports this interpretation. It is God's WORD and it is not wrongly taught.

In Revelation 11, if the 42 months were 1260 days - then why does it says 42 months in one verse and differently 1260 days in the very next verse, if they were exactly the same?

In Revelation, the 42 months is not exactly 1260 days. Which is why they are specified differently in adjoining verses.

Revelation 11:
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Brother all of this has already been addressed in the 2nd part of post # 52 linked with all the scriptures applied to the 42 months which = 1260 day/years and time and times and half a time (3 1/2 years = 3 x 360 + 180 = 1260 day/years) in reference to DANIEL 7:25; 12:7; REVELATION 11:3; 12:6; 14; 13:5 . It seems you either missed it or chose to ignored it. Not sure which. If you disagree with anything in this post please show why?

Nice talking to you Dougg. Thanks for sharing your thoughts brother.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello brother Dougg, in regards to the beast spirit these are your words brother not mine and I was not re-wording what you posted. You said...
Okay, you are right. I did say that, but it was a poor choice of words. So I went back and changed it to the beast as an unclean spirit.

• Friendly
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother all of this has already been addressed in the 2nd part of post # 52 linked with all the scriptures applied to the 42 months which = 1260 day/years and time and times and half a time (3 1/2 years = 3 x 360 + 180 = 1260 day/years) in reference to DANIEL 7:25; 12:7; REVELATION 11:3; 12:6; 14; 13:5 . It seems you either missed it or chose to ignored it. Not sure which. If you disagree with anything in this post please show why?
I am aware that you are doing a conversion of 42 months to 1260 days and the conversion formula you are using. But the issue is not one of math.

What I am pointing out is in Revelation specifically, the different time expressions are used for a reason - because the 42 months is not exactly 1260 days when placed on a timeline of events and the 3 1/2 days of the two witnesses laying dead in streets is taken into account.

A day being one year - the rationale SDA uses , it takes specific cases stated in the text of a day being a year, and applies that application universally - which is the fallacy in their rationale.

It should be obvious that is wrong by the two witnesses's bodies laying dead in the streets of Jerusalem, as people celebrate their deaths, that SDA concept of a day is a year is wrong.

Upvote 0