Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I decided to create this topic because @Ronit and I were just discussing it in another one. As somebody who was adopted as a baby (and unofficially adopted twice) I have to say that what makes a family is what runs through the heart and not through the veins. Love holds no boundaries. For love doesn't care about blood or DNA,.. and it isn't about who comes out of what stomach. It's about who enters the heart. :)

I am also going to tag @.Mikha'el. and @JohnDB (my other papa) on this because I'm sure that they'll love to see it as well. And John I love you yesterday, and today, and tomorrow,.. because you are mine (Daddy) and I love you more than the stars and the sun that shines. :) (Sorry if this is embarrassing I'm just trying to act cute with this next part. :p) *Hugs you tightly and kisses your cheek.*

Last edited:

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey...

Nice post !!

I am 74 and just learned that my Grandad had a child no one knew about.

This boy was striped of his identity and for 65 years he knew he was someone but who ???

Amazingly a cousin of mine heard a comment about a boy from an elderly lady - a complete 'Godincidence' and started to dig...

End result we have a new family member - I have an uncle I never knew - such healing, deep joy.

And it took that long to break the silence - dispel the shame with love - a new day !

And how many more are there out there - taken from mums - hidden away because their beginning was socially unacceptable...

Love finds a way.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Hey...

Nice post !!

This boy was striped of his identity and for 65 years he knew he was someone but who ???

Amazingly a cousin of mine heard a comment about a boy from an elderly lady - a complete 'Godincidence' and started to dig...

End result we have a new family member - I have an uncle I never knew - such healing, deep joy.

And it took that long to break the silence - dispel the shame with love - a new day !

And how many more are there out there - taken from mums - hidden away because their beginning was socially unacceptable...

Love finds a way.

Thanks, that's nice, and I agree it does. And also I know the song I posted is more from God's POV but it also has to deal with the special relationship that I have with John. He also sang the song to his son and for the past year or so he's had a new daughter in me. :)

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Nice one...

This new uncle of mine is a Salvation Army Major who loves the Lord.

God is Good.

Yep for sure and we can't love each other as much as God loves us,.. but still like I said before,.. love holds no boundaries and love is also infinite. We can make as much as we want. (Okay I admit that I stole that line from a Disney movie lol)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I decided to create this topic because @Ronit and I were just discussing it in another one. As somebody who was adopted as a baby (and unofficially adopted twice) I have to say that what makes a family is what runs through the heart and not through the veins. Love holds no boundaries. For love doesn't care about blood or DNA,.. and it isn't about who comes out of what stomach. It's about who enters the heart. :)

I am also going to tag @.Mikha'el. and @JohnDB (my other papa) on this because I'm sure that they'll love to see it as well. And John I love you yesterday, and today, and tomorrow,.. because you are mine (Daddy) and I love you more than the stars and the sun that shines. :) (Sorry if this is embarrassing I'm just trying to act cute with this next part. :p) *Hugs you tightly and kisses your cheek.*

Thanks for sharing your story.
I have a story not too dissimilar to yours. I grew up in care, was fostered once at 7 years old in a placement which broke down, and then returned to care and was finally adopted at 13. I have settled well into my adopted family, but am always curious about my roots and where I came from. I have been doing genealogy research with good results!

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes my Grandfather was a professional soldier who fought in the Boer war, was bodyguard for the king of England, and served on both WW's. We think he had PTSD as he had an affair at a very late age having lost his moral compass.

My uncle we think is the last living in our country who's dad served on the Boer war...

Have a great day...

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Thanks for sharing your story.
I have a story not too dissimilar to yours. I grew up in care, was fostered once at 7 years old in a placement which broke down, and then returned to care and was finally adopted at 13. I have settled well into my adopted family, but am always curious about my roots and where I came from. I have been doing genealogy research with good results!

Praise the Lord!! And yeah, I always say that not only does blood and DNA not matter,... but once part of the family,.. always part of the family. No matter what anybody tells you,.. your family is your family. You love them and they love you. :) And love is probably the greatest superpower ever,.. after all,.. it's what put Jesus on the cross,.. not the nails in His feet and hands.

• Winner
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Amen

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hey...

Nice post !!

Love finds a way.
Praise God my Friend! :)
Ronit

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yes my Grandfather was a professional soldier who fought in the Boer war, was bodyguard for the king of England, and served on both WW's. We think he had PTSD as he had an affair at a very late age having lost his moral compass.

My uncle we think is the last living in our country who's dad served on the Boer war...

Have a great day...
Wow!

Upvote 0