✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dave,

I'm disappointed you didn't give the list of fulfilled prophecies that must happen before the end.

It's not based only on fulfilled prophecies. Have we experienced the trauma and anguish spoken by Jesus and recorded in Matt 24 (NLT).

Those who went through World War 1 and 2 could have thought this was nearing the end for them.

Didn't Jesus warn us? "No one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows" (Matt 24:36 NLT).

Therefore, I'm of the view that we should be about our business of taking the Gospel to the community in which we live and to the world through missions.

We should not be worrying about WHEN the end will come but doing our job for the King now.l

Oz
Nothing remains needing fulfillment. Jesus could return today. Matthew 24 speaks of tribulation for the Jews which happened in 70 AD. And ongoing tribulation for Christians throughout the entire new covenant era.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know no one will know the exact day.

Would it be an overestimate to say he won't come until another millennium? Or even 500 years?

I don't know when but I won't be surprised if he comes back 21st century. Maybe in a decade or 2. That's how close I believe his 2nd coming is.
He is coming quickly
Be sure to be found doing his will when he comes and not at ease in zion

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing remains needing fulfillment. Jesus could return today. Matthew 24 speaks of tribulation for the Jews which happened in 70 AD. And ongoing tribulation for Christians throughout the entire new covenant era.
Thats a theory held by some.
Although no one stood up and made a law against God placing a mark in the right hand or forehead without which none can buy or sell. And the lord returns after that fact

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats a theory held by some.
Although no one stood up and made a law against God placing a mark in the right hand or forehead without which none can buy or sell. And the lord returns after that fact
already happened and continues to happen.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, 2that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. 5Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things? 6And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed. 7For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. 8Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,12in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.
Hasn't happened yet

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, 2that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. 5Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things? 6And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed. 7For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. 8Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,12in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.
Hasn't happened yet
This already happened.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you be clearer ? When, Who ?
The reason you missed it is probably because of a futuristic view of Revelation and scripture. But this has been going on since the first century and continues.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The reason you missed it is probably because of a futuristic view of Revelation and scripture. But this has been going on since the first century and continues.
That passage is speaking to his coming and our gathering to him (Jesus) , who missed it ? The Apostasy , is an event repeated in Revelation 13 (Image that speaks) , who's missing the scriptures ?
Did not happen in 70 AD

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That passage is speaking to his coming and our gathering to him (Jesus) , who missed it ? The Apostasy , is an event repeated in Revelation 13 (Image that speaks) , who's missing the scriptures ?
Did not happen in 70 AD
70 AD was the Jewish Great Tribulation. Christians have tribulation the entire New Covenant era on earth. You will miss Antichrist looking to the future but clearly see him looking to the past and present. But again, if you are a futurist you won't see it.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
70 AD was the Jewish Great Tribulation. Christians have tribulation the entire New Covenant era on earth. You will miss Antichrist looking to the future but clearly see him looking to the past and present. But again, if you are a futurist you won't see it.
Ok DaveL. You won't supply any facts to back up your claims. I'm a futurist because that's how I interpret the passages.
I've been studying Preterism and had the thought it's a lot like gnosticism. Your statement "if you are a futurist you won't see it" only confirms this , must have special knowledge ! Apparently the truth only is seen by the initiated.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok DaveL. You won't supply any facts to back up your claims. I'm a futurist because that's how I interpret the passages.
I've been studying Preterism and had the thought it's a lot like gnosticism. Your statement "if you are a futurist you won't see it" only confirms this , must have special knowledge ! Apparently the truth only is seen by the initiated.
You are barking up the wrong trees studying preterism and futurism.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know no one will know the exact day.

Would it be an overestimate to say he won't come until another millennium? Or even 500 years?

I don't know when but I won't be surprised if he comes back 21st century. Maybe in a decade or 2. That's how close I believe his 2nd coming is.

A couple things need to happen yet. A world-wide financial collapse and the stage is certainly set for that. Also, the falling-away from the faith. That is happening now as well. Like everyone knows ... nobody really knows ... but personally I believe the financial collapse will happen first ... people will be very desperate. When that happens the world will be in total chaos and a lot of brutal crime going, just trying to survive. Because of the severe violence people will clammer for it to end and turn to a church power and there will be a uniting of church and state, on a global basis. It will be a forced religion (where anti-christ will sit) the church controlling the buying/selling process. Those who accept the forced religion will represent those with the mark of the beast. Those who do not will be will not be able to buy or sell and will be severely prosecuted (many killed). This will be the separation process of the sheep from the goats ... a great tribulation for Gods people. The Lord does say these times will be cut short ... how long is short? We do not know.

Something very significant needs to happen to create great unrest in the entire world, and I believe it is a world financial collapse that will do that. That scenario is there and can happen any day.

As Jesus said: Like in the days of Noah.

Luke 17
25 But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

Matthew 24

…38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark. 39 And they were oblivious, until the flood came and swept them all away. So will it be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Even so, come Lord Jesus. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Dave,

Matt 24:3 (NIV) states: "As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. ‘Tell us,’ they said, ‘when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?’"

Note: WHAT WILL BE THE SIGN OF YOUR COMING AND OF THE END OF THE AGE? The disciples didn't ask: 'What will be the sign of your coming for the Jews and the end of the age?'

Matt 24:29- 31 (NIV) states:

29 ‘Immediately after the distress of those days

‘“the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.”

30 ‘Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

This does not refer to a cataclysm that took place in 70 AD for the Jews. It will be experienced by 'all the peoples of the earth' at Christ's second coming at the end the age.

Oz

• Agree
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the final destruction of earth by fire is contrasted to the watery superflood of Noah

and Jesus is always contrasted with Adam

there were 5500 years from Adam to Christ

5500 years from the flood would be about the 25th century AD

"pending final course corrections" of course

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dave,

Matt 24:3 (NIV) states: "As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. ‘Tell us,’ they said, ‘when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?’"

Note: WHAT WILL BE THE SIGN OF YOUR COMING AND OF THE END OF THE AGE? The disciples didn't ask: 'What will be the sign of your coming for the Jews and the end of the age?'

Matt 24:29- 31 (NIV) states:

29 ‘Immediately after the distress of those days

‘“the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.”

30 ‘Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

This does not refer to a cataclysm that took place in 70 AD for the Jews. It will be experienced by 'all the peoples of the earth' at Christ's second coming at the end the age.

Oz
Matthew 24:31-34

"THIS generation" spoken to Jews in 30ad?

unless some of those 1st century Jews are still alive, like Methuselahs in Altered Carbon, then whatever was supposed to happen, happened already

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you die tommorrow your probation is closed for good or evil. The next thing you will know is the resurrection of the good or evil. Which resurrection you are in is determined by if you are ready before your probation is over (death) which could be any time now forward. You need to be ready for Christs return now!

Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
the final destruction of earth by fire is contrasted to the watery superflood of Noah

and Jesus is always contrasted with Adam

there were 5500 years from Adam to Christ

5500 years from the flood would be about the 25th century AD

"pending final course corrections" of course
Actually there were exactly 4000 years; Adam to Jesus.
Proved by careful addition of given time periods in the Bible.
We are currently 1988 +/- years since Jesus commenced His Ministry. Year 5988 of mankinds rule of the earth.
!000 years of the Lord Jesus' Kingship soon to come.

Upvote 0