USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL. Why can't you just answer what I asked? None of what I asked has to do with my take on things. I'm instead wondering what your take on some of these things are, thus why I asked you. Then you are telling me to junk an idea that has zero to do with the way I might see some of these things. Why is it so difficult for you to simply state how you interpret the 42 months the beast reigns? It wasn't a trick question or anything.
Your question would not exist if you began with Jesus and his definition of OT terms. I cannot answer it without first squaring it with scripture.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
42 months ok. It says in the bible noone except the Father knows when Jesus returns so no matter how it is calculated God still has a will of His own and can choose to use it so hopefully more people get to where they need to be - eternally. If we christians literally were as good at boxing as we are at arguing in our different denominations I wonder how many would still be standing after a discussion. Maybe even things were clearer if we did boxing instead of arguing, but not so fun for the looser i reckon. At least we had better form.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your question would not exist if you began with Jesus and his definition of OT terms. I cannot answer it without first squaring it with scripture.

In one of these posts it seems you indicated the GT has already been fulfilled. Regardless that you might disagree, the 42 months this beast reigns, this is meaning this same GT in question. I then have to wonder how you are interpreting this 42 months. If you don't take them as literal months, but instead see it symbolizing an era of time greater than a literal 42 months, how could you possibly know that the GT has already been fulfilled in that case?

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
42 months ok. It says in the bible noone except the Father knows when Jesus returns so no matter how it is calculated God still has a will of His own and can choose to use it so hopefully more people get to where they need to be - eternally. If we christians literally were as good at boxing as we are at arguing in our different denominations I wonder how many would still be standing after a discussion. Maybe even things were clearer if we did boxing instead of arguing, but not so fun for the looser i reckon. At least we had better form.

If everyone agreed with each other though, there wouldn't even be any arguments, would there?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In one of these posts it seems you indicated the GT has already been fulfilled. Regardless that you might disagree, the 42 months this beast reigns, this is meaning this same GT in question. I then have to wonder how you are interpreting this 42 months. If you don't take them as literal months, but instead see it symbolizing an era of time greater than a literal 42 months, how could you possibly know that the GT has already been fulfilled in that case?
We do not connect because you take Revelation literally and I take it symbolically. I can answer your questions giving stock Dispensationalist replies. But I cannot answer them from scripture if left connected and in context to the rest of the bible.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24:14
not fulfilled as another poster brought up re recent missionary in news
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;” (Colossians 1:23) (KJV 1900)

First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.” (Romans 1:8) (KJV 1900)

And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;” (Acts 17:6) (KJV 1900)

Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:” (Colossians 1:6) (KJV 1900)

And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.” (Acts 2:5) (KJV 1900)

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.” (Matthew 24:14) (KJV 1900)

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24:14 is not fulfilled since the end has not come
"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come."

and THEN shall the end come!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
42 months = Jerusalem besieged by Roman legions from 66-70ad
Not sure why it is so difficult to see 1st century Jerusalem in Revelation. [I viewed it like that the first time I read the Bible thru in 2003.]
Both Matthew 23 and Luke 13 mention Jerusalem twice:

G3961 (NKJV)

G3961
matches the Greek πατέω (pateō), occurs 5 times in 5 verses, including 3 verses in Revelation

Luke 21:24
“And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations.
And Jerusalem will be trampled<3961> by nations until the times of the Nations are fulfilled.”
Luke 13:34 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her!
Matthew 23:37O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her!

Revelation 11:
1 And was given to me a reed like-as rod saying "rouse! and measure! the Sanctuary of the God and the Altar and those worshiping in it
2 and the Court/fold<833 without of the Sanctuary, be Casting-Out! out-side<1854>, and no it thou should be measuring,
that it was given to the nations and the holy City they shall be treading<3961> forty two months.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0