United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Talk about being obtuse.

Who is Israel?

Who is God's people?

Isa 56:1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
Isa 56:2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
Isa 56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
Isa 56:4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
Isa 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
Isa 56:8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Joh 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
Joh 21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
Joh 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

1Co_15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co_15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Isa_11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
Rom_15:12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

So much for OSAS ...

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

[1] Jesus is the Good Tree and root
[2] The natural branches of the Good tree were the physical Hebrews
[3] some of those natural branches (physical Hebrews) were cut out of the Good Tree (Christ) because of unbelief
[4] the Gentiles are the natural branches of the wild tree
[5] some of the Gentiles were broken off from the wild tree and placed into the Good tree (Christ, who is Israel; Matthew 2:13-15; Hosae 11:1, etc, the overcomer, the prince with God), through faith
[6] the Natural branches (Hebrews) of the Good tree stand therein by faith, and can be cut off just as the others were
[7] the Wild branched (Gentiles) that were graffed into the Good tree alo stand by faith, and can also be cut off if they ever come to no longer believe, as the natural branches before them
[8] the Natural branches (Hebrews) that were cut off, if they no longer remain in unbelief may be graffed back into the Good tree (Christ).

John 10:16 is directly citing from Isaiah 56:8. See above. Those (Gentiles) which were not before Of "this fold" (Hebrews), must also be brought into the same fold, so that there is "one fold and one shepherd", making of twain one new man, the middle wall being broken down, no longer Jew or Gentile in Christ Jesus, for Christ Jesus is the man (Adam, Israel, Isaac, etc). Now go read the context of Isaiah 56, the Gentiles were to come in, and keep God's sabbath in the New/Everlasting Covenant, having an eternal name better than sons and daughters.

If you are not a part of that, then ye are none of His and do not hear His voice. You acknowledge another voice, another shepherd, and are sheep of another as it is written:

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
I don't believe your even reading your verses. Thanks for all the color though.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Israel is male. Hosea 11:1; Matthew 2:13-15. Jesus is the real Israel. If you read Exodus 20:8-11, it is "the seventh day the sabbath of the LORD", which is again His rest, His sabbath (Genesis 2:1-3), and again masculine, and possessive to Him, thus "my sabbaths", as opposed to those others associated with feasts (Leviticus 23:4-38, "besides") and the land (Leviticus 25), which is "their" (peoples, plural) sabbaths, and "her" (Jerusalem's, feminine) sabbaths.

God gave man the earth in stewardship, that doesn't mean Adam owned it. God is the owner, while Adam was merely the caretaker of the talent.

God did indeed give to the peoples many other sabbaths (hence the distinction in terms, between "my" (masculine, singular) and "theirs" (plural person), "hers" (feminine)), "besides" (Leviticus 23:38) the one (the seventh day the sabbath of the LORD thy God) which was "made" for "the man (Adam)" (Mark 2:27) at creation (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11) and each of these additional 'sabbaths' were based in the yearly, were shadows, associated with carnal ordinances (like passover), all well after the sin of mankind, after Mt. Sinai, pointing to the work of Christ Jesus. None of them were on the Tables of Stone.

Again, you give a strawman. I never said Hosea was speaking about 'pagan sabbaths', did I? Did I? Be honest for a change. Do you always have to misrepresent the actual stated position because your theology and practice is so untenable, inconsistent, illogical, & incoherent?
What? God's wife is male? oy vey

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are many stated positions, not just your personal one. If you disagree with those who do teach such (such as the LDS, Mormons, etc), it only proves the absolute mess it is to try to defend such positions, since they all argue with one another, and are all contradictory to one another, and none of them scriptural (including the strong delusion you are in). You will have to take it up with them.
I asked about those who post here. The Mormons are locked out, I think.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This has already been answered - Hebrews 3-4 [KJB], the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD JEHOVAH - "my rest" "remaineth" to My people.

I suggest reading it and dealing with the material presented. It is obvious, you have not bothered to even study that material therein.

Feel free to even begin with Hebrews 4:9:

Hebrews 3-4 [KJB], the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD JEHOVAH - "my rest" "remaineth" to My people.
I'm a long time student of the complete Bible. The net has become a great resource. I do have a lot of hard copy. My personal religious library is still larger than many preachers.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jer_3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

This is "Jesus is our rest"??

• Haha
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jer_3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

You really question Mat 11:28-30?

?? Because you view Jeremiah 3:8 as a quote of Matthew 11:28?? seriously?

Or you say that because in your Bible Matthew 11:28 says "I am your Sabbath"??

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

?? Because you view Jeremiah 3:8 as a quote of Matthew 11:28?? seriously?

Or you say that because in your Bible Matthew 11:28 says "I am your Sabbath"??
You make no sense.

• Agree
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Jesus is where I get my rest from - Mat 11:28-30.

The sabbatarians just don't get it. It's like these verses are invisible to them. They don't see Jesus speak and say that *he* is the one who gives rest. Not a day of the week, and not even a "observe a sabbath day and I will give you rest." Nope, he says "come to me", that's the condition, and then the result of coming to him is that he will give rest. It's perfectly clear. The observance of sabbath under the new covenant isn't about a day of the week, but a *person*, Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The sabbatarians just don't get it. It's like these verses are invisible to them. They don't see Jesus speak and say that *he* is the one who gives rest. Not a day of the week, and not even a "observe a sabbath day and I will give you rest." Nope, he says "come to me", that's the condition, and then the result of coming to him is that he will give rest. It's perfectly clear. The observance of sabbath under the new covenant isn't about a day of the week, but a *person*, Jesus Christ.
You can’t rest in Christ if you are blatantly disobeying God’s command to keep the 7th day holy, or disobeying any of the commandment really.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
You can’t rest in Christ if you are blatantly disobeying God’s command to keep the 7th day holy, or disobeying any of the commandment really.

If you are resting in Christ, then you are observing God's perfect and true sabbath rest. Sabbath observance for Christians isn't about a day of the week, but a *person*, Jesus Christ. Jesus clearly says that *he* gives us rest if we come to him. What he does *not* say is anything about any ceremonial laws given specifically to the Israelites at Sinai concerning any weekly sabbath rituals.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

There is no command from God to keep the Saturday Sabbath for Christians. That was commanded to a different religion. Christian scripture states the Sabbath was a shadow of something to come which obviously was Christ and his sacrifice. The Sabbath being a shadow of something else proves there was something greater coming to replace it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you are resting in Christ, then you are observing God's perfect and true sabbath rest. Sabbath observance for Christians isn't about a day of the week, but a *person*, Jesus Christ. Jesus clearly says that *he* gives us rest if we come to him. What he does *not* say is anything about any ceremonial laws given specifically to the Israelites at Sinai concerning any weekly sabbath rituals.
Christ is not lawless, nor did he teach disobedience to the law. The Israelites could not enter God’s rest because they were disobedient.

Disobeying God and entering his rest is not biblically possible.

The New Testament doesn’t say anything about the Sabbath not being about a day of the week.

The Sabbath is the 7th day. Jesus is not the Sabbath. He is Lord of the Sabbath. Notice he did not say “the Son of Man is the Sabbath”.

The New Covenant is made only with Israel, not with Gentiles. Jeremiah 31:31-33

It’s absurd to attempt to exclude yourself from obedience to God’s commandments because they were “given only to Israel”, and then turn around and say you are a Gentile and part of a covenant that was made with a nation of people that you are not a part of.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Christ is not lawless, nor did he teach disobedience to the law. The Israelites could not enter God’s rest because they were disobedient.

The New Testament doesn’t say anything about the Sabbath not being about a day of the week.

The Sabbath is the 7th day. Jesus is not the Sabbath. He is Lord of the Sabbath. Notice he did not say “the Son of Man is the Sabbath”.

It’s absurd to attempt to exclude yourself from obedience to God’s commandments because they were “given only to Israel”, and then turn around and say you are a Gentile and part of a covenant that was made with a nation of people that you are not a part of.

Well, I guess you can count me out.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Only those of Israel that accept Christ are part of the new covenant. You are also wrong that the NC was not made with gentiles. It only started with the Jews who would accept the Messiah, it came to the gentiles after His death on the cross.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others

You're not making any sense.

First, the "God's rest" that the Israelites (at least that first generation besides Caleb and Joshua) could not enter was the promised land, flowing with milk and honey...what became Israel.

Second, you don't seem to get that Christians are not being lawless or disobedient when resting in Christ because the perfect and true sabbath is being observed.

Third, the new testament doesn't say *anything* about any requirement for Christians to observe a ceremonial sabbath. There is not one single verse in any of the books commanding weekly sabbath observance. What it *does* say is that if we come to Jesus than *he* will give us rest. Not a weekly ritual but a *person*...Jesus Christ, our true sabbath, and who the ceremonial shadow sabbath was pointing to all along.

Unlike the old covenants made with Noah, Abraham, and the Israelites at Sinai, the new covenant is for Jew and Gentile alike as Jesus came for the salvation of the entire world and we enter his covenant when we receive him as our Lord and Savior. Read the book of Acts, particularly concerning Paul and his God-given mission to witness to the Gentiles.

Sabbatarians need to convolute a lot of scripture and post page after page of bible verses to try to convince everyone else to be yoked under Mosaic law along with them, but it's really as simple as Matthew 11:28-30.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're not making any sense.

First, the "God's rest" that the Israelites (at least that first generation besides Caleb and Joshua) could not enter was the promised land, flowing with milk and honey...what became Israel.

Second, you don't seem to get that Christians are not being lawless or disobedient when resting in Christ because the perfect and true sabbath is being observed.

Third, the new testament doesn't say *anything* about any requirement for Christians to observe a ceremonial sabbath. There is not one single verse in any of the books commanding weekly sabbath observance. What it *does* say is that if we come to Jesus than *he* will give us rest. Not a weekly ritual but a *person*...Jesus Christ, our true sabbath, and who the ceremonial shadow sabbath was pointing to all along.

Unlike the old covenants made with Noah, Abraham, and the Israelites at Sinai, the new covenant is for Jew and Gentile alike as Jesus came for the salvation of the entire world and we enter his covenant when we receive him as our Lord and Savior. Read the book of Acts, particularly concerning Paul and his God-given mission to witness to the Gentiles.

Sabbatarians need to convolute a lot of scripture and post page after page of bible verses to try to convince everyone else to be yoked under Mosaic law along with them, but it's really as simple as Matthew 11:28-30.
Sin is transgression of the law 1 John 3:4

Through the law is knowledge of sin Romans 3:20

We have knowledge of the Sabbath via the law, and through the law, we know that rejecting the Sabbath is a sin, because to not keep the 7th day holy is transgressing the Law.

Rejecting the Sabbath is a transgression of the law, which makes not keeping the Sabbath a sin.

Therefore, it is not scripturally possible to reject the Sabbath and not be lawless.

Teaching people to break the law and not keep the Sabbath holy is teaching lawlessness, period.

Christians don’t get a pass. If a Christian doesn’t keep the Sabbath holy, he or she is sinning (transgressing the law)

Upvote 0